Dh and I are going to take a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving but aren't sure where we would like to go. We are in our mid-late 20s. We live in Colorado and would prefer not to stay here. Things we love:
Laid back night life...sitting at a local pub and getting to know the bartender
Towns with a lot of history/culture
The ability to walk home from bars/restaurants or easily take a cab
Immersing ourselves in "local" customs or culture
The Battery in Charleston
Beautiful scenary--gardens, trees, mountains
Things were aren't huge fans of:
Large, large cities (other than NYC), we spent our honeymoon in Honolulu and were really, really cranky due to the large crowds
"All inclusive" or overly resort type of hotels
We probably won't be interested in skiing since we can do that at home but are not opposed to "snow country". Any ideas? We've considered Sonoma/Napa/Calistoga, Vermont and Taos.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.seremolynbuy.com/liftesse/
- 2 Billings, MT - Mann Mortgage
- 3 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 4 Alcatrez sold out
- 5 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 6 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 7 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 8 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 9 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 10 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 11 Maine weather and temps
- 12 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 13 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 14 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 15 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 16 Need help planning....
- 17 L.A. and Sequoia
- 18 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 19 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 20 Week motorcycle ride
- 21 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 22 Broadway
- 23 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 24 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 25 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!