Dh and I are going to take a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving but aren't sure where we would like to go. We are in our mid-late 20s. We live in Colorado and would prefer not to stay here. Things we love:
Laid back night life...sitting at a local pub and getting to know the bartender
Towns with a lot of history/culture
The ability to walk home from bars/restaurants or easily take a cab
Immersing ourselves in "local" customs or culture
The Battery in Charleston
Beautiful scenary--gardens, trees, mountains
Things were aren't huge fans of:
Large, large cities (other than NYC), we spent our honeymoon in Honolulu and were really, really cranky due to the large crowds
"All inclusive" or overly resort type of hotels
We probably won't be interested in skiing since we can do that at home but are not opposed to "snow country". Any ideas? We've considered Sonoma/Napa/Calistoga, Vermont and Taos.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which island for teens
- 2 Bucket List
- 3 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 4 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 5 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 6 driving RT 66
- 7 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 8 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 9 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 10 Colorado Hiking in September
- 11 The District by Hilton Club
- 12 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 13 Acadia National Park
- 14 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 15 Paris on my own
- 16 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 17 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 18 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 19 Road trip San Diego to Seattle
- 20 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 21 Traveling with an infant
- 22 Birthday vacation ideas
- 23 Kauai helicopter flight
- 24 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 25 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US