Dh and I are going to take a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving but aren't sure where we would like to go. We are in our mid-late 20s. We live in Colorado and would prefer not to stay here. Things we love:
Laid back night life...sitting at a local pub and getting to know the bartender
Towns with a lot of history/culture
The ability to walk home from bars/restaurants or easily take a cab
Immersing ourselves in "local" customs or culture
The Battery in Charleston
Beautiful scenary--gardens, trees, mountains
Things were aren't huge fans of:
Large, large cities (other than NYC), we spent our honeymoon in Honolulu and were really, really cranky due to the large crowds
"All inclusive" or overly resort type of hotels
We probably won't be interested in skiing since we can do that at home but are not opposed to "snow country". Any ideas? We've considered Sonoma/Napa/Calistoga, Vermont and Taos.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 2 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 3 Great OR beach house locations?
- 4 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 5 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 6 San Francisco transit options
- 7 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 8 IAH to HOU Questions
- 9 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 10 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 11 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 12 Honeymoon on PCH
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 15 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 16 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 17 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 18 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 19 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 20 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 21 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 22 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 23 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 24 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 25 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area