Dh and I are going to take a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving but aren't sure where we would like to go. We are in our mid-late 20s. We live in Colorado and would prefer not to stay here. Things we love:
Laid back night life...sitting at a local pub and getting to know the bartender
Towns with a lot of history/culture
The ability to walk home from bars/restaurants or easily take a cab
Immersing ourselves in "local" customs or culture
The Battery in Charleston
Beautiful scenary--gardens, trees, mountains
Things were aren't huge fans of:
Large, large cities (other than NYC), we spent our honeymoon in Honolulu and were really, really cranky due to the large crowds
"All inclusive" or overly resort type of hotels
We probably won't be interested in skiing since we can do that at home but are not opposed to "snow country". Any ideas? We've considered Sonoma/Napa/Calistoga, Vermont and Taos.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 2 Biloxi Suggestions
- 3 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 4 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 5 MY BIo
- 6 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 7 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 8 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 9 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 10 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 11 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 12 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 13 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 14 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 15 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 16 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 19 New Orleans music
- 20 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 21 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 22 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 23 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 24 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 25 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)