Dh and I are going to take a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving but aren't sure where we would like to go. We are in our mid-late 20s. We live in Colorado and would prefer not to stay here. Things we love:
Laid back night life...sitting at a local pub and getting to know the bartender
Towns with a lot of history/culture
The ability to walk home from bars/restaurants or easily take a cab
Immersing ourselves in "local" customs or culture
The Battery in Charleston
Beautiful scenary--gardens, trees, mountains
Things were aren't huge fans of:
Large, large cities (other than NYC), we spent our honeymoon in Honolulu and were really, really cranky due to the large crowds
"All inclusive" or overly resort type of hotels
We probably won't be interested in skiing since we can do that at home but are not opposed to "snow country". Any ideas? We've considered Sonoma/Napa/Calistoga, Vermont and Taos.
Where to go during Thanksgiving Week?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kennebunkport and....?
- 2 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 3 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 4 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 5 SF to DR? WTH!
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Washington, DC to Boston
- 9 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 10 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 11 Where to go in Maine?
- 12 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 13 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 14 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 15 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 16 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 17 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 18 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 19 rain in Kauai
- 20 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 21 Kennedy Space Center
- 22 San Diego Trip Report
- 23 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 24 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 25 NYC jazz with a minor