Dh and I are going to take a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving but aren't sure where we would like to go. We are in our mid-late 20s. We live in Colorado and would prefer not to stay here. Things we love:
Laid back night life...sitting at a local pub and getting to know the bartender
Towns with a lot of history/culture
The ability to walk home from bars/restaurants or easily take a cab
Immersing ourselves in "local" customs or culture
The Battery in Charleston
Beautiful scenary--gardens, trees, mountains
Things were aren't huge fans of:
Large, large cities (other than NYC), we spent our honeymoon in Honolulu and were really, really cranky due to the large crowds
"All inclusive" or overly resort type of hotels
We probably won't be interested in skiing since we can do that at home but are not opposed to "snow country". Any ideas? We've considered Sonoma/Napa/Calistoga, Vermont and Taos.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 2 Touring Hearst Castle
- 3 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 4 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 5 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 6 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 7 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 8 car rentals in San Diego
- 9 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 10 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 11 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 12 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 13 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 14 Angels Landing
- 15 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 16 First time visit to California
- 17 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 18 NY State Assembly Internship
- 19 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 20 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 21 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 22 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 23 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 24 San Francisco
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles