Dh and I are going to take a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving but aren't sure where we would like to go. We are in our mid-late 20s. We live in Colorado and would prefer not to stay here. Things we love:
Laid back night life...sitting at a local pub and getting to know the bartender
Towns with a lot of history/culture
The ability to walk home from bars/restaurants or easily take a cab
Immersing ourselves in "local" customs or culture
The Battery in Charleston
Beautiful scenary--gardens, trees, mountains
Things were aren't huge fans of:
Large, large cities (other than NYC), we spent our honeymoon in Honolulu and were really, really cranky due to the large crowds
"All inclusive" or overly resort type of hotels
We probably won't be interested in skiing since we can do that at home but are not opposed to "snow country". Any ideas? We've considered Sonoma/Napa/Calistoga, Vermont and Taos.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 help me plan a Cali trip
- 2 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 3 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 4 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 5 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 6 Mesa Verde question
- 7 Planning our Move
- 8 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 9 Wilmington DE questions
- 10 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 11 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 13 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 14 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 15 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 16 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 17 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 18 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 19 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 20 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 21 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 22 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 23 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 24 Hotel advise Chicago
- 25 Maui and Kauai