We have gone to Wellfleet MA many times and love the beach, the ponds, the restaurants, hiking, biking, etc. But we want to go somewhere new (for 2 weeks) and cannot figure out what to do. Ideally a one week vacation at a nice beach (or it could be a lake too) with lots of good places to see during a week of getting there would be great. Or 2 places for one week each that organically fit together somehow? We considered chincoteague island, VA for the one week beach but it seems like it would be too hot in August for visiting all the places that would be good to see (like Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello, etc.) on the way. We love the water but we love variety--historic places, kitschy places, cultural stuff, a good week at the beach. We don't love spending tons of time in the car. Budget is something like $3000 to $5000. My husband and I are both bad at vacation planning!!! Hope one of you can help.
where to go? 2 weeks in august, NYC family with kids 9 and 10,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Door County Suggestions
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 6 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 12 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 15 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 18 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 23 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 24 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 25 Denver in a half day