We have gone to Wellfleet MA many times and love the beach, the ponds, the restaurants, hiking, biking, etc. But we want to go somewhere new (for 2 weeks) and cannot figure out what to do. Ideally a one week vacation at a nice beach (or it could be a lake too) with lots of good places to see during a week of getting there would be great. Or 2 places for one week each that organically fit together somehow? We considered chincoteague island, VA for the one week beach but it seems like it would be too hot in August for visiting all the places that would be good to see (like Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello, etc.) on the way. We love the water but we love variety--historic places, kitschy places, cultural stuff, a good week at the beach. We don't love spending tons of time in the car. Budget is something like $3000 to $5000. My husband and I are both bad at vacation planning!!! Hope one of you can help.
where to go? 2 weeks in august, NYC family with kids 9 and 10,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 3 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 4 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 5 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 11 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 12 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 15 San Diego parks and attractions
- 16 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 17 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 18 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 19 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 20 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 21 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 24 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle