We have gone to Wellfleet MA many times and love the beach, the ponds, the restaurants, hiking, biking, etc. But we want to go somewhere new (for 2 weeks) and cannot figure out what to do. Ideally a one week vacation at a nice beach (or it could be a lake too) with lots of good places to see during a week of getting there would be great. Or 2 places for one week each that organically fit together somehow? We considered chincoteague island, VA for the one week beach but it seems like it would be too hot in August for visiting all the places that would be good to see (like Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello, etc.) on the way. We love the water but we love variety--historic places, kitschy places, cultural stuff, a good week at the beach. We don't love spending tons of time in the car. Budget is something like $3000 to $5000. My husband and I are both bad at vacation planning!!! Hope one of you can help.
where to go? 2 weeks in august, NYC family with kids 9 and 10,
- 1 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 2 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 3 How to plan San Diego trip
- 4 IMPORTANT! Hawaii Ocean Safety Tips!
- 5 Washington Wineries
- 6 Airport luggage tamparing
- 7 California, Northern
- 8 GROCERY STORES MAUI, HAWAII
- 9 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 10 Visitor ocean awareness Kauai/statewide
- 11 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 12 Best museums and botanical gardens in the Hawaiian Islands?
- 13 Maui Rain Forest Hike vs Haleakala Crater Hike vs Downhill Bike Ride
- 14 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 15 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 16 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 17 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 18 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 19 Using public transit in San Diego
- 20 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 21 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 22 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 23 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 24 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 25 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY