We have gone to Wellfleet MA many times and love the beach, the ponds, the restaurants, hiking, biking, etc. But we want to go somewhere new (for 2 weeks) and cannot figure out what to do. Ideally a one week vacation at a nice beach (or it could be a lake too) with lots of good places to see during a week of getting there would be great. Or 2 places for one week each that organically fit together somehow? We considered chincoteague island, VA for the one week beach but it seems like it would be too hot in August for visiting all the places that would be good to see (like Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello, etc.) on the way. We love the water but we love variety--historic places, kitschy places, cultural stuff, a good week at the beach. We don't love spending tons of time in the car. Budget is something like $3000 to $5000. My husband and I are both bad at vacation planning!!! Hope one of you can help.
where to go? 2 weeks in august, NYC family with kids 9 and 10,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 2 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 3 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 4 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 5 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 6 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 7 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 8 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 9 Is the New York subway safe?
- 10 Chicago eateries downtown
- 11 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 12 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 13 Where to from Tampa?
- 14 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 15 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 16 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 17 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 18 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 19 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 20 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 21 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 22 Nice place to stop for the night between Akron, OH and Walt Disney World.
- 23 charlotte
- 24 San Francisco Car Rental Question
- 25 Unique Honeymoon