We have gone to Wellfleet MA many times and love the beach, the ponds, the restaurants, hiking, biking, etc. But we want to go somewhere new (for 2 weeks) and cannot figure out what to do. Ideally a one week vacation at a nice beach (or it could be a lake too) with lots of good places to see during a week of getting there would be great. Or 2 places for one week each that organically fit together somehow? We considered chincoteague island, VA for the one week beach but it seems like it would be too hot in August for visiting all the places that would be good to see (like Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello, etc.) on the way. We love the water but we love variety--historic places, kitschy places, cultural stuff, a good week at the beach. We don't love spending tons of time in the car. Budget is something like $3000 to $5000. My husband and I are both bad at vacation planning!!! Hope one of you can help.
where to go? 2 weeks in august, NYC family with kids 9 and 10,
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 3 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 4 Newport, RI Questions
- 5 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 8 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 9 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 10 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 11 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 12 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 13 American Airlines reservation question
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 16 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 17 Car trip from Seattle
- 18 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 19 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 20 Best timeshare in Branson?
- 21 Dennisport: Haigis Beach v. Sea Street Beach
- 22 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 23 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 24 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 25 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport