My son was accepted to Notre Dame's law school, so he and his wife will be moving to South Bend this summer. They plan to buy a starter house, I'd say in the $75,000 range but don't know for sure yet.
Any suggestions on what part of town to buy in? Any particular neighborhood, or area of town?
On the internet, there seems to be a lot of cheap houses but I'm guessing that these are in less desirable neighborhoods. Is crime a problem in South Bend?
Thanks for any assistance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 2 Paying for Permit Land Crossing USA to Mexico
- 3 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 4 Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- 5 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 6 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME
- 7 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 8 Rental Car Orlando
- 9 Inexpensive family getaways
- 10 ALASKA FOR 7 DAYS
- 11 Boston College Visit with older teen. Highlights to see and do.
- 12 Discounted Rental Car?
- 13 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 14 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 15 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 16 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 17 Valdez, Alaska
- 18 NJ to Florida drive
- 19 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 20 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 21 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 22 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 23 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 24 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 25 Los Angeles to Nashville