My son was accepted to Notre Dame's law school, so he and his wife will be moving to South Bend this summer. They plan to buy a starter house, I'd say in the $75,000 range but don't know for sure yet.
Any suggestions on what part of town to buy in? Any particular neighborhood, or area of town?
On the internet, there seems to be a lot of cheap houses but I'm guessing that these are in less desirable neighborhoods. Is crime a problem in South Bend?
Thanks for any assistance!
Where to buy a house in South Bend
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 2 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 3 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 4 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 5 How to dress in Vegas
- 6 Dining in Manhattan
- 7 California & French Polynesia
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 10 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 11 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 12 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 13 St Patrick's renovations
- 14 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 18 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 19 From Seattle airport to the city
- 20 General Utah planning questions
- 21 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 22 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 23 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 New York City Christmas Trip