We are early 60's grandparents with only one granddaughter who turns 13 in March, and for her birthday we want to take her on a trip for her spring break from school in early April. By way of background, she lives in Ohio and we live in Massachusetts. She is an only child and our only grandchild. My husband has chronic pain, due to a back problem and a knee replacement that he has had numerous complications from, so he is limited in mobility in terms of walking for long distances and sitting for long periods of time which makes traveling and a "go-go" vacation a challenge. Given these constraints, we would appreciate your recommendations for where to go for spring break with our granddaughter that would be fun and manageable for all of us. We want her to be entertained and yet not exhaust ourselves. We also want to spend some quality time with her and not compete with the typical spring break venues where she might be so into wanting to spend time with kids her age that there might be conflict of interest with spending time with us. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
Where in the U.S. to take 13-year old granddaughter for Spring Break?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 2 Yosemite in Winter
- 3 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 4 Active Vacation
- 5 Quick SoCal question
- 6 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 7 New England September
- 8 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 9 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 10 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 11 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 12 Tampa in February
- 13 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 14 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 15 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 16 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 17 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 18 NYC taxi vs car service
- 19 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 20 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 21 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 22 Austin Food Trucks
- 23 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 24 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 25 searching for urban master planned community