We are early 60's grandparents with only one granddaughter who turns 13 in March, and for her birthday we want to take her on a trip for her spring break from school in early April. By way of background, she lives in Ohio and we live in Massachusetts. She is an only child and our only grandchild. My husband has chronic pain, due to a back problem and a knee replacement that he has had numerous complications from, so he is limited in mobility in terms of walking for long distances and sitting for long periods of time which makes traveling and a "go-go" vacation a challenge. Given these constraints, we would appreciate your recommendations for where to go for spring break with our granddaughter that would be fun and manageable for all of us. We want her to be entertained and yet not exhaust ourselves. We also want to spend some quality time with her and not compete with the typical spring break venues where she might be so into wanting to spend time with kids her age that there might be conflict of interest with spending time with us. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
Where in the U.S. to take 13-year old granddaughter for Spring Break?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 2 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 3 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 4 moving to florida
- 5 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 6 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 7 Road Trip SW
- 8 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 9 culpepper
- 10 Hotel near Miami airport
- 11 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 12 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 13 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 14 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 15 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 16 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 17 Mesa Verde
- 18 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 19 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 20 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 21 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 22 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 23 Chicago trip
- 24 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 25 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier