We are early 60's grandparents with only one granddaughter who turns 13 in March, and for her birthday we want to take her on a trip for her spring break from school in early April. By way of background, she lives in Ohio and we live in Massachusetts. She is an only child and our only grandchild. My husband has chronic pain, due to a back problem and a knee replacement that he has had numerous complications from, so he is limited in mobility in terms of walking for long distances and sitting for long periods of time which makes traveling and a "go-go" vacation a challenge. Given these constraints, we would appreciate your recommendations for where to go for spring break with our granddaughter that would be fun and manageable for all of us. We want her to be entertained and yet not exhaust ourselves. We also want to spend some quality time with her and not compete with the typical spring break venues where she might be so into wanting to spend time with kids her age that there might be conflict of interest with spending time with us. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
Where in the U.S. to take 13-year old granddaughter for Spring Break?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 2 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 5 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 6 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 7 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 8 rain in Kauai
- 9 Jersey City Parking
- 10 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 11 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 12 SF to DR? WTH!
- 13 Kennebunkport and....?
- 14 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 15 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 16 Washington, DC to Boston
- 17 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 18 Where to go in Maine?
- 19 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 20 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 21 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 22 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 23 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 24 Kennedy Space Center
- 25 San Diego Trip Report