Next month my husband and I will be staying in Camden & Bar Harbor. We like to drive to different small towns and villages and was wondering if someone could suggest a few towns that is picturesque, has great lobster meals (nothing fancy), quaint shopping, and perhaps actually see the lobsterman bring in their catch for the day? We're not interested in all the touristy restaurants, the local people know where the food is good and is not expensive!! Thanks for any information that you can share!! Also, are "lobster pounds" a good choice?
Where do the locals eat in harbor villages and towns?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 2 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 3 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 6 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 7 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 8 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 9 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 10 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 11 How to dress in Vegas
- 12 USA trip
- 13 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 14 Chicago Questions
- 15 Air Connections on Maui
- 16 camaro hire in waikiki
- 17 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 20 Breckenridge in October
- 21 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 22 Orlando for Work
- 23 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 24 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 25 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter