Next month my husband and I will be staying in Camden & Bar Harbor. We like to drive to different small towns and villages and was wondering if someone could suggest a few towns that is picturesque, has great lobster meals (nothing fancy), quaint shopping, and perhaps actually see the lobsterman bring in their catch for the day? We're not interested in all the touristy restaurants, the local people know where the food is good and is not expensive!! Thanks for any information that you can share!! Also, are "lobster pounds" a good choice?
Where do the locals eat in harbor villages and towns?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 5 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 6 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 7 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 8 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 11 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 12 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 13 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 14 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 15 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 16 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 17 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Denver in a half day
- 25 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando