Next month my husband and I will be staying in Camden & Bar Harbor. We like to drive to different small towns and villages and was wondering if someone could suggest a few towns that is picturesque, has great lobster meals (nothing fancy), quaint shopping, and perhaps actually see the lobsterman bring in their catch for the day? We're not interested in all the touristy restaurants, the local people know where the food is good and is not expensive!! Thanks for any information that you can share!! Also, are "lobster pounds" a good choice?
Where do the locals eat in harbor villages and towns?
- 1 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 2 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 3 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 4 A Visit to Charleston
- 5 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 6 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 7 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 8 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 9 How similar are the San Juan Islands and the Tofino area of B.C.?
- 10 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 11 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 12 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 13 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 14 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 15 Using public transit in San Diego
- 16 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 17 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 18 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 19 Erie Canal - Finger Lakes Region - Day Trip?
- 20 Wisconsin Dells with teenagers
- 21 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 22 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 23 Lake Tahoe
- 24 Baseball Road Trip
- 25 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!