I am flying dowm to New Orleans October 21, spending a few days there and then renting a car for another week or so with no fixed itinerary. Would love some recommendations on where to drive from New Orleans. I don't want to spend my whole time driving from one city to the next so I think that 2 destinations where I can spend a few days in each would be ideal. In terms of my interest: walking in attractive cities/areas, museums, all types of music. I am a single woman who travels a lot on her own so I don't have any real security concerns - I just don't find myself hanging out at bars at night
Also if you have any suggestions for what to do in New Orleans it would be most appreciated.
Thanks everyone. I always appreciate the info I get from this forum!
Where do I go from New Orleans? Memphis? Nashville? Birmingham?
- 1 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 2 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 3 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets
- 4 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 5 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 6 What bugs you the most about flying? 2013 Pet Peeves Survey
- 7 Columbus food !
- 8 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 9 One day in NYC
- 10 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 11 Updates from Hanalei
- 12 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 13 Trying To Find a Place
- 14 Holiday Parade/Pearl Harbor Day Parade Questions
- 15 Grand Rapids to Traverse City - Where to stop?
- 16 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 17 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 18 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 19 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 20 Blue ridge parkway
- 21 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 22 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 23 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 24 Minnesota State Fair
- 25 hotel in carmel or monterey