I am flying dowm to New Orleans October 21, spending a few days there and then renting a car for another week or so with no fixed itinerary. Would love some recommendations on where to drive from New Orleans. I don't want to spend my whole time driving from one city to the next so I think that 2 destinations where I can spend a few days in each would be ideal. In terms of my interest: walking in attractive cities/areas, museums, all types of music. I am a single woman who travels a lot on her own so I don't have any real security concerns - I just don't find myself hanging out at bars at night
Also if you have any suggestions for what to do in New Orleans it would be most appreciated.
Thanks everyone. I always appreciate the info I get from this forum!
Where do I go from New Orleans? Memphis? Nashville? Birmingham?
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 Warm and don't Drive
- 4 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 7 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 8 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 9 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 10 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 11 RIP Judy Rogers
- 12 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 15 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 16 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 20 Princeville in January
- 21 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 22 pa to az
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 Savanah Sojourn
- 25 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?