We're spending two weeks in Florida in the first half of September. Indeed it's off season but having read lots of stuff we think it'll be fine, plus a little quieter and cheaper! However, what I'm trying to find out is whether lots of places (ie hotels, restaurants, attractions) are closed. I don't imagine they are in Miami but we're planning to go to Fort Myers (probably Sanibel Is) and Key West, staying 3 or 4 days in each. Off season in most places means that some opening hours are restricted I guess, but I'd be surprised if loads were closed. Hopefully not, but would appreciate any advice. It's quite a chilled holiday so only worried about restaurants/cafes/beaches and some of the more peaceful attractions/activities. Many thanks, Alex
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 2 $ nights SF - 1 Night to drive the coast - 5 nights LA
- 3 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 4 Hilton Head
- 5 4 Days in LV
- 6 Day trip from Salt Lake City
- 7 New Orleans Hotels
- 8 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 9 USA Round trip 2018
- 10 DC - WW2 flyover
- 11 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 12 Fun stop between Virginia Beach and Wintergreen
- 13 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 14 Savannah visit
- 15 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 16 Camping in the Black Hills
- 17 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 18 Alaska Railroad trips reviews & motion sickness etc
- 19 Southern Road Trip
- 20 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 21 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 22 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 25 Grand Marais?