We're spending two weeks in Florida in the first half of September. Indeed it's off season but having read lots of stuff we think it'll be fine, plus a little quieter and cheaper! However, what I'm trying to find out is whether lots of places (ie hotels, restaurants, attractions) are closed. I don't imagine they are in Miami but we're planning to go to Fort Myers (probably Sanibel Is) and Key West, staying 3 or 4 days in each. Off season in most places means that some opening hours are restricted I guess, but I'd be surprised if loads were closed. Hopefully not, but would appreciate any advice. It's quite a chilled holiday so only worried about restaurants/cafes/beaches and some of the more peaceful attractions/activities. Many thanks, Alex
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 4 Miami
- 5 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 6 Back from the Big Easy
- 7 Driving Alaska
- 8 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 9 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 11 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 12 March in New Mexico
- 13 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 14 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 15 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 16 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 17 Border crossing
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 21 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 22 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Cross country tips
- 25 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?