We're spending two weeks in Florida in the first half of September. Indeed it's off season but having read lots of stuff we think it'll be fine, plus a little quieter and cheaper! However, what I'm trying to find out is whether lots of places (ie hotels, restaurants, attractions) are closed. I don't imagine they are in Miami but we're planning to go to Fort Myers (probably Sanibel Is) and Key West, staying 3 or 4 days in each. Off season in most places means that some opening hours are restricted I guess, but I'd be surprised if loads were closed. Hopefully not, but would appreciate any advice. It's quite a chilled holiday so only worried about restaurants/cafes/beaches and some of the more peaceful attractions/activities. Many thanks, Alex
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://musclebuildingbuy.com/priamax/
- 2 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 3 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 4 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 5 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 6 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 7 Summer trip
- 8 How many states have you been to?
- 9 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 10 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 11 Florida keys trip
- 12 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 13 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 14 Route Planning for East USA
- 15 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 16 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 17 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 18 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 19 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 20 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 21 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 22 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 23 Skagway
- 24 Retiring in NM?
- 25 Chicago to Charleston