We're spending two weeks in Florida in the first half of September. Indeed it's off season but having read lots of stuff we think it'll be fine, plus a little quieter and cheaper! However, what I'm trying to find out is whether lots of places (ie hotels, restaurants, attractions) are closed. I don't imagine they are in Miami but we're planning to go to Fort Myers (probably Sanibel Is) and Key West, staying 3 or 4 days in each. Off season in most places means that some opening hours are restricted I guess, but I'd be surprised if loads were closed. Hopefully not, but would appreciate any advice. It's quite a chilled holiday so only worried about restaurants/cafes/beaches and some of the more peaceful attractions/activities. Many thanks, Alex
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 2 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 3 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 4 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 5 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 6 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 7 10 Days in Maine
- 8 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 9 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 10 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 11 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 12 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 13 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 14 sugestions
- 15 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 16 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 17 Miami for 2 days
- 18 More problems for Big Sur
- 19 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 20 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 21 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 22 Las Vegas trip report
- 23 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 24 Boston area hotels
- 25 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas