We're spending two weeks in Florida in the first half of September. Indeed it's off season but having read lots of stuff we think it'll be fine, plus a little quieter and cheaper! However, what I'm trying to find out is whether lots of places (ie hotels, restaurants, attractions) are closed. I don't imagine they are in Miami but we're planning to go to Fort Myers (probably Sanibel Is) and Key West, staying 3 or 4 days in each. Off season in most places means that some opening hours are restricted I guess, but I'd be surprised if loads were closed. Hopefully not, but would appreciate any advice. It's quite a chilled holiday so only worried about restaurants/cafes/beaches and some of the more peaceful attractions/activities. Many thanks, Alex
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denali
- 2 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 3 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 4 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 5 What car service?
- 6 Maine in May?
- 7 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 New Years Eve in NYC
- 10 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 11 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 12 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 13 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 14 Cruise Ship Schedule by City
- 15 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 16 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 17 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 18 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 19 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 20 Bed and Breakfast
- 21 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 22 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 23 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 24 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 25 Looking for a Bed and breakfast