Having just read a similar question and many wonderful responses regarding Anchorage, I decided to ask, "What's it like to live on maui?" My daughter and son-in-law are giving serious consideration to moving there with their 1 and 3 year old boys. My son-in-law would probably be able to make a lateral transfer with his job at FedEx, and my daughter has her own cpr business which she could develop there should they move. The main attraction for them, I think, is living close enough to water to dive and surf on a regular basis. They think that this would be a wonderful growing up experience for the boys. But, what is it like to actually live there? How are the schools? What about the weather year round? Housing? Island Fever? Any feedback, positive and negative, would be appreciated.
What's it like to live on Maui?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 New York City Restaurants
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 WISCONSIN
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 8 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 9 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 10 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 11 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 12 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 13 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 14 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 15 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 16 Dining in D.C.
- 17 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 18 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 19 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 20 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 21 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 22 Colorado in the summer!
- 23 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 24 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?