Having just read a similar question and many wonderful responses regarding Anchorage, I decided to ask, "What's it like to live on maui?" My daughter and son-in-law are giving serious consideration to moving there with their 1 and 3 year old boys. My son-in-law would probably be able to make a lateral transfer with his job at FedEx, and my daughter has her own cpr business which she could develop there should they move. The main attraction for them, I think, is living close enough to water to dive and surf on a regular basis. They think that this would be a wonderful growing up experience for the boys. But, what is it like to actually live there? How are the schools? What about the weather year round? Housing? Island Fever? Any feedback, positive and negative, would be appreciated.
What's it like to live on Maui?
- 1 Grand Rapids to Traverse City - Where to stop?
- 2 What bugs you the most about flying? 2013 Pet Peeves Survey
- 3 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 4 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 5 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 6 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 7 Updates from Hanalei
- 8 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 9 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 10 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 11 Blue ridge parkway
- 12 One day in NYC
- 13 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 14 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 15 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 16 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 17 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 18 Minnesota State Fair
- 19 Trying To Find a Place
- 20 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 21 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 22 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 23 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 24 Logan Express
- 25 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase