Having just read a similar question and many wonderful responses regarding Anchorage, I decided to ask, "What's it like to live on maui?" My daughter and son-in-law are giving serious consideration to moving there with their 1 and 3 year old boys. My son-in-law would probably be able to make a lateral transfer with his job at FedEx, and my daughter has her own cpr business which she could develop there should they move. The main attraction for them, I think, is living close enough to water to dive and surf on a regular basis. They think that this would be a wonderful growing up experience for the boys. But, what is it like to actually live there? How are the schools? What about the weather year round? Housing? Island Fever? Any feedback, positive and negative, would be appreciated.
What's it like to live on Maui?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 7 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 8 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 9 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 10 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 11 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 14 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 15 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 16 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 17 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 18 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 23 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?