Hi there -
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of material is best for a beach blanket?
I am searching different websites (Such as ETSY.COM) for VINTAGE beach blankets, and can't find much, PLUS, I don't know exactly what kind of material would be the best kind.
I've tried using some really cool vintage fabric I found at a flea market, but it was like upholstery fabric... I'm not sure what it was, but it has tiny raised lines in it, very very small, but enough to 'catch' the grains of sand on the blanket so EASILY... it trapped the grains of sand.
Other blankets I've tried have let the sand seep up between the fibers!
Long ago, in the 70's, I had a really cool blanket...I'm seen sitting on it in pictures but I can't tell from the aged photo what kind of material it was.
So.. .does anyone have suggestions for this fun little quest of mine?
I'm thinking bohemian style... vintage... 70's.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/my-beast-power/
- 2 Staten Island, Statue of LIberty
- 3 911 Museum
- 4 Need advice for a 3 days trip to Sedona then Grand Canyon
- 5 hotel in NYC
- 6 5 Days near Denver
- 7 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 8 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 9 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 10 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 11 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 12 Bar Harbor, Maine
- 13 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 14 Airbnb and Santa Fe/Where to Stay
- 15 TSA Security Question
- 16 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 17 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 18 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 19 Austin TX restaurants
- 20 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 21 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 22 Hotel in Austin
- 23 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 24 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017
- 25 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
What's a good fabric for a BEACH BLANKET? I'd like vintage
Hi there -