Hi there -
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of material is best for a beach blanket?
I am searching different websites (Such as ETSY.COM) for VINTAGE beach blankets, and can't find much, PLUS, I don't know exactly what kind of material would be the best kind.
I've tried using some really cool vintage fabric I found at a flea market, but it was like upholstery fabric... I'm not sure what it was, but it has tiny raised lines in it, very very small, but enough to 'catch' the grains of sand on the blanket so EASILY... it trapped the grains of sand.
Other blankets I've tried have let the sand seep up between the fibers!
Long ago, in the 70's, I had a really cool blanket...I'm seen sitting on it in pictures but I can't tell from the aged photo what kind of material it was.
So.. .does anyone have suggestions for this fun little quest of mine?
I'm thinking bohemian style... vintage... 70's.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Border crossing
- 2 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 3 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 4 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 5 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 6 Back from the Big Easy
- 7 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 8 Cross country tips
- 9 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 10 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 11 Ideas for New York
- 12 Parka in PA during February?
- 13 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 14 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 15 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 16 Driving Alaska
- 17 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 20 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 21 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 22 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 23 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 24 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 25 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
What's a good fabric for a BEACH BLANKET? I'd like vintage
Hi there -