Hi there -
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of material is best for a beach blanket?
I am searching different websites (Such as ETSY.COM) for VINTAGE beach blankets, and can't find much, PLUS, I don't know exactly what kind of material would be the best kind.
I've tried using some really cool vintage fabric I found at a flea market, but it was like upholstery fabric... I'm not sure what it was, but it has tiny raised lines in it, very very small, but enough to 'catch' the grains of sand on the blanket so EASILY... it trapped the grains of sand.
Other blankets I've tried have let the sand seep up between the fibers!
Long ago, in the 70's, I had a really cool blanket...I'm seen sitting on it in pictures but I can't tell from the aged photo what kind of material it was.
So.. .does anyone have suggestions for this fun little quest of mine?
I'm thinking bohemian style... vintage... 70's.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 help from a true New Yorker.
- 2 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 3 Safety Concerns
- 4 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 5 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 6 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 7 Alaska independent tour for group
- 8 Washington DC with kids
- 9 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 10 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 11 5 days in Colorado
- 12 Trip to northern California
- 13 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 14 40th in Key West
- 15 Downtown Chicago
- 16 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 17 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 18 Alaska -public transport
- 19 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 20 Hamilton Broadway
- 21 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 22 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 23 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 24 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 25 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
What's a good fabric for a BEACH BLANKET? I'd like vintage
Hi there -