Hi there -
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of material is best for a beach blanket?
I am searching different websites (Such as ETSY.COM) for VINTAGE beach blankets, and can't find much, PLUS, I don't know exactly what kind of material would be the best kind.
I've tried using some really cool vintage fabric I found at a flea market, but it was like upholstery fabric... I'm not sure what it was, but it has tiny raised lines in it, very very small, but enough to 'catch' the grains of sand on the blanket so EASILY... it trapped the grains of sand.
Other blankets I've tried have let the sand seep up between the fibers!
Long ago, in the 70's, I had a really cool blanket...I'm seen sitting on it in pictures but I can't tell from the aged photo what kind of material it was.
So.. .does anyone have suggestions for this fun little quest of mine?
I'm thinking bohemian style... vintage... 70's.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod or no?
- 2 Colorado Itinerary
- 3 Barrymore vs Triple George Grill
- 4 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 5 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 6 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 7 Dogs in Taos
- 8 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 9 San Antonio, Texas
- 10 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 11 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 12 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 13 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 14 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 15 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 16 Parking in Naples Florida
- 17 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 18 Boston Airport Hotels
- 19 Nashville Never Been
- 20 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 21 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 22 Uber boston
- 23 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
- 24 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 25 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
What's a good fabric for a BEACH BLANKET? I'd like vintage
Hi there -