Hi there -
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of material is best for a beach blanket?
I am searching different websites (Such as ETSY.COM) for VINTAGE beach blankets, and can't find much, PLUS, I don't know exactly what kind of material would be the best kind.
I've tried using some really cool vintage fabric I found at a flea market, but it was like upholstery fabric... I'm not sure what it was, but it has tiny raised lines in it, very very small, but enough to 'catch' the grains of sand on the blanket so EASILY... it trapped the grains of sand.
Other blankets I've tried have let the sand seep up between the fibers!
Long ago, in the 70's, I had a really cool blanket...I'm seen sitting on it in pictures but I can't tell from the aged photo what kind of material it was.
So.. .does anyone have suggestions for this fun little quest of mine?
I'm thinking bohemian style... vintage... 70's.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 2 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 3 How many states have you been to?
- 4 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 5 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 6 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 7 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 8 Florida keys trip
- 9 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 10 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 11 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 12 Skagway
- 13 Retiring in NM?
- 14 Chicago to Charleston
- 15 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 16 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 17 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 18 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 19 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 20 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 21 Honeymoon out west.
- 22 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 23 Route Planning for East USA
- 24 Utah National Parks visit
- 25 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
What's a good fabric for a BEACH BLANKET? I'd like vintage
Hi there -