Hi there -
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of material is best for a beach blanket?
I am searching different websites (Such as ETSY.COM) for VINTAGE beach blankets, and can't find much, PLUS, I don't know exactly what kind of material would be the best kind.
I've tried using some really cool vintage fabric I found at a flea market, but it was like upholstery fabric... I'm not sure what it was, but it has tiny raised lines in it, very very small, but enough to 'catch' the grains of sand on the blanket so EASILY... it trapped the grains of sand.
Other blankets I've tried have let the sand seep up between the fibers!
Long ago, in the 70's, I had a really cool blanket...I'm seen sitting on it in pictures but I can't tell from the aged photo what kind of material it was.
So.. .does anyone have suggestions for this fun little quest of mine?
I'm thinking bohemian style... vintage... 70's.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip around Washington DC
- 2 Help me with this
- 3 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 4 Utah trip Itinerary
- 5 Houston MetroRail
- 6 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 7 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 8 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 9 Houston: see in the eveing???
- 10 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 11 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 Dining in St. Louis
- 14 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 Weather in Chicago
- 17 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 18 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 19 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 20 New Orleans
- 21 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 22 Oregon road trip
- 23 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 24 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 25 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
What's a good fabric for a BEACH BLANKET? I'd like vintage
Hi there -