In June, I will be flying into Albuquerque, NM with 4 boys ages (8,10,12,12) and dropping the 2 twelve year olds off at camp in Durango. We will arrive on Saturday around 3 pm and the camp starts Sunday around 4 pm. So, we have 24 hours to see something with everybody and I'm trying to decide my plan. I will be staying an additional 4 days with my other 2 to see some sights around Durango before we have to fly back home.
My current plan is arrive in Albuquerque, drive to Santa Fe and spend the night. Drive the scenic drive from Santa Fe to Durango on Sunday and go to the camp. But, now I'm wondering if I should just head to Durango after we fly in and take the 12 year olds to either the Four Corners Monument or see some of Mesa Verde on Sunday before the camp starts.
1.Stick with my original plan of flying to ALB, renting car and touring Santa Fe -booked a night at the La Fonda and will be driving up through Pagosa Springs..maybe see Ghost Ranch if there is time on the way to Durango on Sunday.
2. Fly in on Saturday, rent car and drive towards Shiprock, NM and spend night. See Four Corners Monument then drive to Durango on Sunday
3. Fly in on Saturday, drive to Durango, spend night and see what we can of Mesa Verde on Sunday, take boys to camp. (might only have 4-6 hrs. total to do this)
Once I'm in Durango and boys are at camp, my other 2 boys and I plan to:
Monday, raft and ride with Durango/Silverton - rafting in am taking train back - anyone done this?? adventure package with the train
Tuesday: tour Mesa Verde
Wed: Four Corners and drive back to Albuquerque if we don't see it on Sunday.
Thursday: Fly home
Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 \\ 1-(800) 9272480 QuickBooks PRO tech Support number Intuit PRO number_CT
- 2 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 3 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 4 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 5 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 6 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 7 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 8 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 9 Muir Woods in October
- 10 help me plan a Cali trip
- 11 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 12 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 13 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 14 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 15 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 16 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 17 Mesa Verde question
- 18 Planning our Move
- 19 Wilmington DE questions
- 20 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 21 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 22 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 23 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 24 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 25 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire