In June, I will be flying into Albuquerque, NM with 4 boys ages (8,10,12,12) and dropping the 2 twelve year olds off at camp in Durango. We will arrive on Saturday around 3 pm and the camp starts Sunday around 4 pm. So, we have 24 hours to see something with everybody and I'm trying to decide my plan. I will be staying an additional 4 days with my other 2 to see some sights around Durango before we have to fly back home.
My current plan is arrive in Albuquerque, drive to Santa Fe and spend the night. Drive the scenic drive from Santa Fe to Durango on Sunday and go to the camp. But, now I'm wondering if I should just head to Durango after we fly in and take the 12 year olds to either the Four Corners Monument or see some of Mesa Verde on Sunday before the camp starts.
1.Stick with my original plan of flying to ALB, renting car and touring Santa Fe -booked a night at the La Fonda and will be driving up through Pagosa Springs..maybe see Ghost Ranch if there is time on the way to Durango on Sunday.
2. Fly in on Saturday, rent car and drive towards Shiprock, NM and spend night. See Four Corners Monument then drive to Durango on Sunday
3. Fly in on Saturday, drive to Durango, spend night and see what we can of Mesa Verde on Sunday, take boys to camp. (might only have 4-6 hrs. total to do this)
Once I'm in Durango and boys are at camp, my other 2 boys and I plan to:
Monday, raft and ride with Durango/Silverton - rafting in am taking train back - anyone done this?? adventure package with the train
Tuesday: tour Mesa Verde
Wed: Four Corners and drive back to Albuquerque if we don't see it on Sunday.
Thursday: Fly home
Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safety Concerns
- 2 Which benefits are comes after using Nucific BIO X4?
- 3 Get You Greater Muscles
- 4 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 5 2 Day Family Trip to Grand Canyon - RV or Lodge?
- 6 Partial Knee Replacement Los Angeles
- 7 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 8 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 9 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 10 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 11 fort lauderdale
- 12 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 13 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 14 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 15 Redwood National Forest
- 16 What to do in San Diego
- 17 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 18 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 19 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 20 First Trip to Texas -
- 21 5 days in Colorado
- 22 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 23 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 24 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 25 Reading re the Northern Parks?