In June, I will be flying into Albuquerque, NM with 4 boys ages (8,10,12,12) and dropping the 2 twelve year olds off at camp in Durango. We will arrive on Saturday around 3 pm and the camp starts Sunday around 4 pm. So, we have 24 hours to see something with everybody and I'm trying to decide my plan. I will be staying an additional 4 days with my other 2 to see some sights around Durango before we have to fly back home.
My current plan is arrive in Albuquerque, drive to Santa Fe and spend the night. Drive the scenic drive from Santa Fe to Durango on Sunday and go to the camp. But, now I'm wondering if I should just head to Durango after we fly in and take the 12 year olds to either the Four Corners Monument or see some of Mesa Verde on Sunday before the camp starts.
1.Stick with my original plan of flying to ALB, renting car and touring Santa Fe -booked a night at the La Fonda and will be driving up through Pagosa Springs..maybe see Ghost Ranch if there is time on the way to Durango on Sunday.
2. Fly in on Saturday, rent car and drive towards Shiprock, NM and spend night. See Four Corners Monument then drive to Durango on Sunday
3. Fly in on Saturday, drive to Durango, spend night and see what we can of Mesa Verde on Sunday, take boys to camp. (might only have 4-6 hrs. total to do this)
Once I'm in Durango and boys are at camp, my other 2 boys and I plan to:
Monday, raft and ride with Durango/Silverton - rafting in am taking train back - anyone done this?? adventure package with the train
Tuesday: tour Mesa Verde
Wed: Four Corners and drive back to Albuquerque if we don't see it on Sunday.
Thursday: Fly home
Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 2 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 3 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 4 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 5 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 6 Zurich airport connections
- 7 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 8 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 9 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 10 Miami airport--safety??
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 12 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 13 Things to do in Toronto
- 14 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 15 How Much??-Taxi from Atlanta airport to Emory University
- 16 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 17 US whole month of January where to
- 18 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 19 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 20 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 21 Recent Spam Attacks
- 22 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 23 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 24 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 25 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights