In June, I will be flying into Albuquerque, NM with 4 boys ages (8,10,12,12) and dropping the 2 twelve year olds off at camp in Durango. We will arrive on Saturday around 3 pm and the camp starts Sunday around 4 pm. So, we have 24 hours to see something with everybody and I'm trying to decide my plan. I will be staying an additional 4 days with my other 2 to see some sights around Durango before we have to fly back home.
My current plan is arrive in Albuquerque, drive to Santa Fe and spend the night. Drive the scenic drive from Santa Fe to Durango on Sunday and go to the camp. But, now I'm wondering if I should just head to Durango after we fly in and take the 12 year olds to either the Four Corners Monument or see some of Mesa Verde on Sunday before the camp starts.
1.Stick with my original plan of flying to ALB, renting car and touring Santa Fe -booked a night at the La Fonda and will be driving up through Pagosa Springs..maybe see Ghost Ranch if there is time on the way to Durango on Sunday.
2. Fly in on Saturday, rent car and drive towards Shiprock, NM and spend night. See Four Corners Monument then drive to Durango on Sunday
3. Fly in on Saturday, drive to Durango, spend night and see what we can of Mesa Verde on Sunday, take boys to camp. (might only have 4-6 hrs. total to do this)
Once I'm in Durango and boys are at camp, my other 2 boys and I plan to:
Monday, raft and ride with Durango/Silverton - rafting in am taking train back - anyone done this?? adventure package with the train
Tuesday: tour Mesa Verde
Wed: Four Corners and drive back to Albuquerque if we don't see it on Sunday.
Thursday: Fly home
Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.seremolynbuy.com/juvenique-serum/
- 2 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 3 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 4 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 5 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 6 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 7 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 8 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 9 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 10 Maine weather and temps
- 11 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 12 WA to CT
- 13 L.A. and Sequoia
- 14 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 15 Alcatrez sold out
- 16 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 17 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 18 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 19 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 20 Broadway
- 21 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 22 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 23 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 24 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 25 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens