Hubbie and I, in our early 30's, are visiting Charleston for a long weekend at the end of January. We arrive Friday morning and leave Sunday late afternoon, staying at Vendue Inn. What are the must see attractions? We like to do a lot of walking, taking in the sights. We like seeing stuff that is unique to a place. Not into military stuff, but would like to tour a historic home. Would like to visit one of the plantations - but which one, and what to see there? I've heard carriage rides are good, do you recommend any one or type in particular?
What to see in Charleston, SC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 2 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 3 Need some shade in Key West
- 4 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 5 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 6 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 7 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 8 Itinerary opinions
- 9 Will have five days in Savannah
- 10 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 11 New England in the fall
- 12 Our perfect day in Key West
- 13 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 14 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 15 Mesa Verde
- 16 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 17 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 18 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 19 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 20 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 21 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 22 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 23 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 24 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 25 NYC Clubs for live music