In mid-May, I will have 4 days in the Grass Valley/Nevada City, CA area to do some sightseeing on my own while my husband is there on business. I am in my early 60's, fit, and eager to enjoy myself, but have little experience touring/traveling on my own. I am not sure where to start in looking for ideas, so I thought I would turn to my fellow travelers who have been so much help in planning other trips. I would love to hear your recommendations about things to see and do in the area. I will have a rental car and don't mind driving to see the sights. I enjoy just about anything but am not a big shopper. Thanks for any help you can give me.
What to see & do alone in/near Grass Valley/Nevada City, CA?
View all United States activity »
- 1 RIP Judy Rogers
- 2 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 3 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 4 Boston area
- 5 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 6 Savanah Sojourn
- 7 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 10 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 11 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 12 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 13 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 16 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 17 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 18 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 19 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 20 Warm and don't Drive
- 21 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 22 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 23 Rockport, MA dining?
- 24 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 25 Princeville in January