In mid-May, I will have 4 days in the Grass Valley/Nevada City, CA area to do some sightseeing on my own while my husband is there on business. I am in my early 60's, fit, and eager to enjoy myself, but have little experience touring/traveling on my own. I am not sure where to start in looking for ideas, so I thought I would turn to my fellow travelers who have been so much help in planning other trips. I would love to hear your recommendations about things to see and do in the area. I will have a rental car and don't mind driving to see the sights. I enjoy just about anything but am not a big shopper. Thanks for any help you can give me.
What to see & do alone in/near Grass Valley/Nevada City, CA?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in D.C.
- 2 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 3 San Fransisco to LA
- 4 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 5 Jersey City Parking
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 13 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 14 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 15 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 16 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 17 Washington DC Metro
- 18 Kennebunkport and....?
- 19 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 20 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 21 Where to go in Maine?
- 22 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 23 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 24 Wedding in Hawaii
- 25 Houseboat on Lake Powell