I am planning a houseboat vacation for myself and nine of my friends. I was looking for information on what I should know before we travel. We are all in our 20's looking for a fun and afforable vacation and would like to figure out the best way to do it. I have rented a boat out of State Dock and we were thinking about taking it to Harmon Creek. How far would that trip be by boat? Is it worth the gas money? Do people party there every weekend during the summer or only for special events? I have been a boater on Lake Erie my entire life but have never houseboated and I am unsure if there are many differences or not. I have also heard that is it a Dry County from a friend of mine and I would have never known that otherwise! If you could clarify any of those "rules" I would appreciate it. We are al 21 and don't need to get into trouble for something we were unaware of. I would love to hear your inputs whether good or bad about Lake Cumberland/Houseboating to help make our vacaction awesome. Thanks!
What to know before traveling to Lake Cumberland KY
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 replica designer handbags
- 3 Portland Maine Hotels
- 4 San Diego parks and attractions
- 5 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 6 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 7 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 8 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 9 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 10 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 11 united and carry-ons
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 14 Cape Cod in early April
- 15 USA with a 3 year old
- 16 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 19 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 20 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 23 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 24 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii