Long story short, DD wlll be traveling by car on last minute trip to DC next week. She doesn't really need the car once she and friend get to DC, they would be glad to park it and leave it for the 3-4 days they will be in town. She sees 2 options and is looking for guidance/advice on which to pick: 1) Find a hotel in DC proper near museums, tourist sites and figure out cheap parking arrangements for the car or 2) get a hotel near easy access suburb within commuting distance of Metro in/out of DC. Or, possibly a better option not yet identified? Fodorites with DC experience, please weigh in with your suggestions, thanks!
What to do with car in Washington, DC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 2 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 3 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 4 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 5 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 6 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 7 Boston in winter?
- 8 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 9 san fran sightseeing
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 American Honeymoon in March
- 12 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 13 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 14 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 15 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 16 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 17 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 18 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 19 Colorado Skiing
- 20 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 21 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 22 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 23 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 24 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 25 charlotte