Long story short, DD wlll be traveling by car on last minute trip to DC next week. She doesn't really need the car once she and friend get to DC, they would be glad to park it and leave it for the 3-4 days they will be in town. She sees 2 options and is looking for guidance/advice on which to pick: 1) Find a hotel in DC proper near museums, tourist sites and figure out cheap parking arrangements for the car or 2) get a hotel near easy access suburb within commuting distance of Metro in/out of DC. Or, possibly a better option not yet identified? Fodorites with DC experience, please weigh in with your suggestions, thanks!
What to do with car in Washington, DC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Denver in a half day
- 23 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 24 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 25 Oahu ideas