Long story short, DD wlll be traveling by car on last minute trip to DC next week. She doesn't really need the car once she and friend get to DC, they would be glad to park it and leave it for the 3-4 days they will be in town. She sees 2 options and is looking for guidance/advice on which to pick: 1) Find a hotel in DC proper near museums, tourist sites and figure out cheap parking arrangements for the car or 2) get a hotel near easy access suburb within commuting distance of Metro in/out of DC. Or, possibly a better option not yet identified? Fodorites with DC experience, please weigh in with your suggestions, thanks!
What to do with car in Washington, DC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 2 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 3 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 4 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 5 HOW TO WEAR: BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS FOR WOMEN
- 6 Romantic destination in the US
- 7 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 8 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 9 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 10 Moving out of states from Florida
- 11 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 12 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 13 family road trip
- 14 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 15 Alaska Trip Planning
- 16 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 17 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 18 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 19 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 20 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 21 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 22 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 23 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 24 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 25 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?