Long story short, DD wlll be traveling by car on last minute trip to DC next week. She doesn't really need the car once she and friend get to DC, they would be glad to park it and leave it for the 3-4 days they will be in town. She sees 2 options and is looking for guidance/advice on which to pick: 1) Find a hotel in DC proper near museums, tourist sites and figure out cheap parking arrangements for the car or 2) get a hotel near easy access suburb within commuting distance of Metro in/out of DC. Or, possibly a better option not yet identified? Fodorites with DC experience, please weigh in with your suggestions, thanks!
What to do with car in Washington, DC?
- 1 10 Days in Maine
- 2 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 3 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 4 Albuquerque to Denver
- 5 Using public transit in San Diego
- 6 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 7 D.C. in a day
- 8 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 9 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 10 Boston Area College Tour
- 11 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 12 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 13 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 14 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 15 A Visit to Charleston
- 16 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 17 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 18 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 19 Help with NYC transit
- 20 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 21 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 22 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 23 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 24 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 25 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)