Long story short, DD wlll be traveling by car on last minute trip to DC next week. She doesn't really need the car once she and friend get to DC, they would be glad to park it and leave it for the 3-4 days they will be in town. She sees 2 options and is looking for guidance/advice on which to pick: 1) Find a hotel in DC proper near museums, tourist sites and figure out cheap parking arrangements for the car or 2) get a hotel near easy access suburb within commuting distance of Metro in/out of DC. Or, possibly a better option not yet identified? Fodorites with DC experience, please weigh in with your suggestions, thanks!
What to do with car in Washington, DC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 2 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 3 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 4 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 5 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 6 One Night at Logan Airport
- 7 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 8 Circle Oahu / luau
- 9 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 12 Backpacking in April
- 13 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 14 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 15 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 16 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 17 Four days in DC
- 18 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 19 3 nights in Nashville
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Please help with itinerary
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?