I’m starting to do some preliminary research on a trip we (two adults, two kids who will be almost 2 and 4.5 at the time of the trip) plan to take to the Pacific NW. We have two weeks for our trip and will spend four days in Seattle. After that, I am not sure what to do as there are so many places I would like to see. The following are all options I would *like* to consider (and I'm well aware that many not be possible because of time and/or having two kids in tow). If you had about 10 days to spend in the Pacific NW, which of these would you choose and why? Or any you would absolutely avoid?
• Visit the Washington peninsula (is that even the term that is used for that area?)
• Roadtrip through Washington state but don’t leave the state (Mt. Rainier, etc. )
• Drive across Washington State to Idaho – I’ve always wanted to see Idaho. We roadtripped through the Dakotas/Montana awhile back and love the “big sky” feel to those states)
• Vancouver area (Victoria? Whistler?) – hear so many great things about Vancouver
• Portland area – this doesn’t interest me very much as I feel I will have other reasons to visit Portland but not the other areas I list
• Hop on a plane and visit Anchorage, Alaska (my husband’s favorite option as once we arrive in Washington state he will only have 2 states left to see, one of them being Alaska)
We would be traveling in mid-April (next year) so weather is a consideration. My husband is very used to mountain driving though we will want to avoid any area that is difficult to drive through because of snow. Our kids are good travelers, as much as little kids can be anyway, but they will absolutely factor in our decision on what we do. I'm just trying to get a feel for what options we have, if any, and then narrow it down from there based on weather and kids.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 2 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 3 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 4 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 5 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 6 Trail Ridge Road info please
- 7 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 8 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 9 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 10 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 11 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 12 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 13 New Orleans and Slidell
- 14 Pacific coast road trip
- 15 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 16 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 17 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 18 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 19 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 20 Back From Alaska
- 21 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 22 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 23 Two days out of Seattle
- 24 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 25 MN Family Hits Black Hills and Beyond