I’m starting to do some preliminary research on a trip we (two adults, two kids who will be almost 2 and 4.5 at the time of the trip) plan to take to the Pacific NW. We have two weeks for our trip and will spend four days in Seattle. After that, I am not sure what to do as there are so many places I would like to see. The following are all options I would *like* to consider (and I'm well aware that many not be possible because of time and/or having two kids in tow). If you had about 10 days to spend in the Pacific NW, which of these would you choose and why? Or any you would absolutely avoid?
• Visit the Washington peninsula (is that even the term that is used for that area?)
• Roadtrip through Washington state but don’t leave the state (Mt. Rainier, etc. )
• Drive across Washington State to Idaho – I’ve always wanted to see Idaho. We roadtripped through the Dakotas/Montana awhile back and love the “big sky” feel to those states)
• Vancouver area (Victoria? Whistler?) – hear so many great things about Vancouver
• Portland area – this doesn’t interest me very much as I feel I will have other reasons to visit Portland but not the other areas I list
• Hop on a plane and visit Anchorage, Alaska (my husband’s favorite option as once we arrive in Washington state he will only have 2 states left to see, one of them being Alaska)
We would be traveling in mid-April (next year) so weather is a consideration. My husband is very used to mountain driving though we will want to avoid any area that is difficult to drive through because of snow. Our kids are good travelers, as much as little kids can be anyway, but they will absolutely factor in our decision on what we do. I'm just trying to get a feel for what options we have, if any, and then narrow it down from there based on weather and kids.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 2 Itinerary Critique
- 3 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 4 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 5 NYC Trip report
- 6 A week in NYC - first timers
- 7 Hotel for group trip to Newport, RI
- 8 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 9 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 10 Canon beach lodging
- 11 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 12 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 13 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 14 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 15 FLA testing the waters
- 16 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 17 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 18 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 19 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 20 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 21 Boston restaurants
- 22 Tucson in February
- 23 Lets each do a post
- 24 Relative Merits of Living in Various Areas in LA
- 25 Help with visit for a month!!