I’m starting to do some preliminary research on a trip we (two adults, two kids who will be almost 2 and 4.5 at the time of the trip) plan to take to the Pacific NW. We have two weeks for our trip and will spend four days in Seattle. After that, I am not sure what to do as there are so many places I would like to see. The following are all options I would *like* to consider (and I'm well aware that many not be possible because of time and/or having two kids in tow). If you had about 10 days to spend in the Pacific NW, which of these would you choose and why? Or any you would absolutely avoid?
• Visit the Washington peninsula (is that even the term that is used for that area?)
• Roadtrip through Washington state but don’t leave the state (Mt. Rainier, etc. )
• Drive across Washington State to Idaho – I’ve always wanted to see Idaho. We roadtripped through the Dakotas/Montana awhile back and love the “big sky” feel to those states)
• Vancouver area (Victoria? Whistler?) – hear so many great things about Vancouver
• Portland area – this doesn’t interest me very much as I feel I will have other reasons to visit Portland but not the other areas I list
• Hop on a plane and visit Anchorage, Alaska (my husband’s favorite option as once we arrive in Washington state he will only have 2 states left to see, one of them being Alaska)
We would be traveling in mid-April (next year) so weather is a consideration. My husband is very used to mountain driving though we will want to avoid any area that is difficult to drive through because of snow. Our kids are good travelers, as much as little kids can be anyway, but they will absolutely factor in our decision on what we do. I'm just trying to get a feel for what options we have, if any, and then narrow it down from there based on weather and kids.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine for 9 Days- Where to begin??
- 2 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 3 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 4 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 5 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 6 Marthas Vineyard Ferry Questions
- 7 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 8 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 9 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 10 New Orleans to Savannah two weeks
- 11 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 12 Drive from Santa Barbara to La Jolla on sunday 2 august ?
- 13 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 14 Michigan advice needed
- 15 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 16 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 17 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 18 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 19 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 20 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 21 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 22 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 23 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 24 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 25 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010