I’m starting to do some preliminary research on a trip we (two adults, two kids who will be almost 2 and 4.5 at the time of the trip) plan to take to the Pacific NW. We have two weeks for our trip and will spend four days in Seattle. After that, I am not sure what to do as there are so many places I would like to see. The following are all options I would *like* to consider (and I'm well aware that many not be possible because of time and/or having two kids in tow). If you had about 10 days to spend in the Pacific NW, which of these would you choose and why? Or any you would absolutely avoid?
• Visit the Washington peninsula (is that even the term that is used for that area?)
• Roadtrip through Washington state but don’t leave the state (Mt. Rainier, etc. )
• Drive across Washington State to Idaho – I’ve always wanted to see Idaho. We roadtripped through the Dakotas/Montana awhile back and love the “big sky” feel to those states)
• Vancouver area (Victoria? Whistler?) – hear so many great things about Vancouver
• Portland area – this doesn’t interest me very much as I feel I will have other reasons to visit Portland but not the other areas I list
• Hop on a plane and visit Anchorage, Alaska (my husband’s favorite option as once we arrive in Washington state he will only have 2 states left to see, one of them being Alaska)
We would be traveling in mid-April (next year) so weather is a consideration. My husband is very used to mountain driving though we will want to avoid any area that is difficult to drive through because of snow. Our kids are good travelers, as much as little kids can be anyway, but they will absolutely factor in our decision on what we do. I'm just trying to get a feel for what options we have, if any, and then narrow it down from there based on weather and kids.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
What to Do - Two Weeks in Pacific NW
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 2 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 3 Top Resorts in Hawaii
- 4 Where to stay for one night between Cleveland and Toledo?
- 5 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 6 Chicago Questions
- 7 Is the New York subway safe?
- 8 Round trip from Chicago
- 9 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 10 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 11 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 12 Is this Los Angeles tour feasible?
- 13 Where to from Tampa?
- 14 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 18 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 19 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 20 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 21 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 22 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 23 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 24 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 25 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please