I’m starting to do some preliminary research on a trip we (two adults, two kids who will be almost 2 and 4.5 at the time of the trip) plan to take to the Pacific NW. We have two weeks for our trip and will spend four days in Seattle. After that, I am not sure what to do as there are so many places I would like to see. The following are all options I would *like* to consider (and I'm well aware that many not be possible because of time and/or having two kids in tow). If you had about 10 days to spend in the Pacific NW, which of these would you choose and why? Or any you would absolutely avoid?
• Visit the Washington peninsula (is that even the term that is used for that area?)
• Roadtrip through Washington state but don’t leave the state (Mt. Rainier, etc. )
• Drive across Washington State to Idaho – I’ve always wanted to see Idaho. We roadtripped through the Dakotas/Montana awhile back and love the “big sky” feel to those states)
• Vancouver area (Victoria? Whistler?) – hear so many great things about Vancouver
• Portland area – this doesn’t interest me very much as I feel I will have other reasons to visit Portland but not the other areas I list
• Hop on a plane and visit Anchorage, Alaska (my husband’s favorite option as once we arrive in Washington state he will only have 2 states left to see, one of them being Alaska)
We would be traveling in mid-April (next year) so weather is a consideration. My husband is very used to mountain driving though we will want to avoid any area that is difficult to drive through because of snow. Our kids are good travelers, as much as little kids can be anyway, but they will absolutely factor in our decision on what we do. I'm just trying to get a feel for what options we have, if any, and then narrow it down from there based on weather and kids.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 2 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 3 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 4 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 5 Florida Beach Hotel
- 6 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 7 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 8 Washington DC with kids
- 9 My road trip through southern US.
- 10 Late night eating in Kauai
- 11 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 12 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 13 Florida Nature Trip
- 14 help from a true New Yorker.
- 15 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 16 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 17 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 18 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 19 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 20 Safety Concerns
- 21 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 22 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 23 Alaska independent tour for group
- 24 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 25 5 days in Colorado