I’m starting to do some preliminary research on a trip we (two adults, two kids who will be almost 2 and 4.5 at the time of the trip) plan to take to the Pacific NW. We have two weeks for our trip and will spend four days in Seattle. After that, I am not sure what to do as there are so many places I would like to see. The following are all options I would *like* to consider (and I'm well aware that many not be possible because of time and/or having two kids in tow). If you had about 10 days to spend in the Pacific NW, which of these would you choose and why? Or any you would absolutely avoid?
• Visit the Washington peninsula (is that even the term that is used for that area?)
• Roadtrip through Washington state but don’t leave the state (Mt. Rainier, etc. )
• Drive across Washington State to Idaho – I’ve always wanted to see Idaho. We roadtripped through the Dakotas/Montana awhile back and love the “big sky” feel to those states)
• Vancouver area (Victoria? Whistler?) – hear so many great things about Vancouver
• Portland area – this doesn’t interest me very much as I feel I will have other reasons to visit Portland but not the other areas I list
• Hop on a plane and visit Anchorage, Alaska (my husband’s favorite option as once we arrive in Washington state he will only have 2 states left to see, one of them being Alaska)
We would be traveling in mid-April (next year) so weather is a consideration. My husband is very used to mountain driving though we will want to avoid any area that is difficult to drive through because of snow. Our kids are good travelers, as much as little kids can be anyway, but they will absolutely factor in our decision on what we do. I'm just trying to get a feel for what options we have, if any, and then narrow it down from there based on weather and kids.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
What to Do - Two Weeks in Pacific NW
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 2 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 3 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 4 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 5 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 6 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 7 Ackislander
- 8 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 9 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 10 Cross Country RV Trip
- 11 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 12 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 13 New England September
- 14 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 15 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 16 California
- 17 Trip to Memphis and Nashville
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 which river tour out of Haines, Alaska?
- 20 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 21 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 22 Miami Marlins
- 23 Florida or caribbean
- 24 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 25 Northern California in February