I’m starting to do some preliminary research on a trip we (two adults, two kids who will be almost 2 and 4.5 at the time of the trip) plan to take to the Pacific NW. We have two weeks for our trip and will spend four days in Seattle. After that, I am not sure what to do as there are so many places I would like to see. The following are all options I would *like* to consider (and I'm well aware that many not be possible because of time and/or having two kids in tow). If you had about 10 days to spend in the Pacific NW, which of these would you choose and why? Or any you would absolutely avoid?
• Visit the Washington peninsula (is that even the term that is used for that area?)
• Roadtrip through Washington state but don’t leave the state (Mt. Rainier, etc. )
• Drive across Washington State to Idaho – I’ve always wanted to see Idaho. We roadtripped through the Dakotas/Montana awhile back and love the “big sky” feel to those states)
• Vancouver area (Victoria? Whistler?) – hear so many great things about Vancouver
• Portland area – this doesn’t interest me very much as I feel I will have other reasons to visit Portland but not the other areas I list
• Hop on a plane and visit Anchorage, Alaska (my husband’s favorite option as once we arrive in Washington state he will only have 2 states left to see, one of them being Alaska)
We would be traveling in mid-April (next year) so weather is a consideration. My husband is very used to mountain driving though we will want to avoid any area that is difficult to drive through because of snow. Our kids are good travelers, as much as little kids can be anyway, but they will absolutely factor in our decision on what we do. I'm just trying to get a feel for what options we have, if any, and then narrow it down from there based on weather and kids.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 driving RT 66
- 2 Which island for teens
- 3 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 4 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 5 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 6 Colorado Hiking in September
- 7 The District by Hilton Club
- 8 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 9 Acadia National Park
- 10 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 11 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 12 Paris on my own
- 13 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 14 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 15 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 16 Road trip San Diego to Seattle
- 17 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 18 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 19 Traveling with an infant
- 20 Birthday vacation ideas
- 21 Kauai helicopter flight
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 24 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 25 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music