I’m starting to do some preliminary research on a trip we (two adults, two kids who will be almost 2 and 4.5 at the time of the trip) plan to take to the Pacific NW. We have two weeks for our trip and will spend four days in Seattle. After that, I am not sure what to do as there are so many places I would like to see. The following are all options I would *like* to consider (and I'm well aware that many not be possible because of time and/or having two kids in tow). If you had about 10 days to spend in the Pacific NW, which of these would you choose and why? Or any you would absolutely avoid?
• Visit the Washington peninsula (is that even the term that is used for that area?)
• Roadtrip through Washington state but don’t leave the state (Mt. Rainier, etc. )
• Drive across Washington State to Idaho – I’ve always wanted to see Idaho. We roadtripped through the Dakotas/Montana awhile back and love the “big sky” feel to those states)
• Vancouver area (Victoria? Whistler?) – hear so many great things about Vancouver
• Portland area – this doesn’t interest me very much as I feel I will have other reasons to visit Portland but not the other areas I list
• Hop on a plane and visit Anchorage, Alaska (my husband’s favorite option as once we arrive in Washington state he will only have 2 states left to see, one of them being Alaska)
We would be traveling in mid-April (next year) so weather is a consideration. My husband is very used to mountain driving though we will want to avoid any area that is difficult to drive through because of snow. Our kids are good travelers, as much as little kids can be anyway, but they will absolutely factor in our decision on what we do. I'm just trying to get a feel for what options we have, if any, and then narrow it down from there based on weather and kids.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
What to Do - Two Weeks in Pacific NW
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atlanta to LA
- 2 Things to do in La Jolla
- 3 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 4 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL
- 5 Need tips for the best of downtown Chicago in 6 days
- 6 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 7 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 8 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 9 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 10 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 11 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 12 Traveling to Virginia Beach to Orlando
- 13 Things to do in Key West
- 14 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 15 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 16 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 17 Boston & Cape Cod
- 18 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 19 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 20 Romantic destination in the US
- 21 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 22 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 23 Moving out of states from Florida
- 24 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 25 family road trip