My son goes to school out-of-state and plays basketball, so he won't be coming home for any holidays this winter. My daughter and I are going to drive up to San Francisco from Los Angeles the day before Thanksgiving because my son's team has a game there that night. He'll be able to spend Thanksgiving with us before the team flies out Friday morning.
I haven't been to San Francisco in years and don't really know what we can do on Thanksgiving. My thought is that most places will be closed. Since it's the only time we'll have to spend with him for months, I'd like to do more than just sit in our hotel room watching TV. Any suggestions?
Also, any restaurant recommendations (not necessarily traditional meal) would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be really inexpensive, but I'd prefer to keep away from really expensive as well. My daughter can sometimes be a pickier eater (no beef, no pork, no dark meat chicken, etc.) so I don't want to spend a lot of $ on food that she may or may not eat.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 2 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 3 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 4 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 5 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 6 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 7 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 8 IAH to HOU Questions
- 9 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 10 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 11 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 12 Jazzfest side trips
- 13 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 14 March in New Mexico
- 15 No Spam this morning!!
- 16 San Francisco transit options
- 17 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 18 Ideas for New York
- 19 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 20 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 21 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 22 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 23 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 24 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 25 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)