My son goes to school out-of-state and plays basketball, so he won't be coming home for any holidays this winter. My daughter and I are going to drive up to San Francisco from Los Angeles the day before Thanksgiving because my son's team has a game there that night. He'll be able to spend Thanksgiving with us before the team flies out Friday morning.
I haven't been to San Francisco in years and don't really know what we can do on Thanksgiving. My thought is that most places will be closed. Since it's the only time we'll have to spend with him for months, I'd like to do more than just sit in our hotel room watching TV. Any suggestions?
Also, any restaurant recommendations (not necessarily traditional meal) would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be really inexpensive, but I'd prefer to keep away from really expensive as well. My daughter can sometimes be a pickier eater (no beef, no pork, no dark meat chicken, etc.) so I don't want to spend a lot of $ on food that she may or may not eat.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many states have you been to?
- 2 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 3 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 4 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 5 USA, Trip to the south
- 6 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 7 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 8 Honeymoon out west.
- 9 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 10 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 11 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 12 Carmel Monterey
- 13 Big Sure in June
- 14 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 15 Santa Fe Itineray
- 16 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 17 Roadtrip July 2017
- 18 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 20 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 21 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 22 Retiring to Tucson
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 25 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help