My son goes to school out-of-state and plays basketball, so he won't be coming home for any holidays this winter. My daughter and I are going to drive up to San Francisco from Los Angeles the day before Thanksgiving because my son's team has a game there that night. He'll be able to spend Thanksgiving with us before the team flies out Friday morning.
I haven't been to San Francisco in years and don't really know what we can do on Thanksgiving. My thought is that most places will be closed. Since it's the only time we'll have to spend with him for months, I'd like to do more than just sit in our hotel room watching TV. Any suggestions?
Also, any restaurant recommendations (not necessarily traditional meal) would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be really inexpensive, but I'd prefer to keep away from really expensive as well. My daughter can sometimes be a pickier eater (no beef, no pork, no dark meat chicken, etc.) so I don't want to spend a lot of $ on food that she may or may not eat.
What to do in San Francisco on Thanksgiving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 2 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 3 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 4 united and carry-ons
- 5 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 6 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 7 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 8 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 11 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 12 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 13 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 14 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 15 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 16 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 20 Philadelphia
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 USA with a 3 year old
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 NYC theatre broadway
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York