Myself and my partner are both 40 next year, so we had a thought to do something different than just have a cake with lots of candles ...lol
So we have decided to visit a few cities in the lovely USA, (we live is the UK by the way, Wales to be exact)
The cities we are looking to visit are New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. She who must be obeyed wants to visit the Grand Canyon and shop like mad in New York and L.A.
We would like some ideas of things to do while in these cities and surrounding areas, stuff that excite us are things that are not your normal touristy things, although we would like to do the usual so we can say we seen or been to the places like empire state building, statue of liberty ect,ect... also food is a big thing for us, we both enjoy trying different things, having watched many cooking programme over here in the UK, ( man vs. food, ect) we also would like ideas of some good places to eat that are not your normal restaurant type place ( hope that makes sense...lol )
I need to explain too that we will probably have a budget, but as to what that is just yet we have not decided, as I would depend on what type of things we would do and if we would pre-book or just do it ad-hoc
So any help or ideas would be grateful
Look forward to your replies
i have posted on here before, as we were looking to do a road trip, looks like we may have changed our minds about that now, but i'd like to thank those of you that posted and gave us help and feedback
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 2 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 3 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 4 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 5 Trip Report Video Washington D.C. with Kids
- 6 Where to stay in NYC
- 7 Wailea Restaurants?
- 8 Hawaii Trip in May
- 9 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 10 Where to try hot-air ballooning?
- 11 DC -> Boulder
- 12 Colorado - Photography
- 13 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 14 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 15 Please help with 4 day trip to Seattle and Vancouver
- 16 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 17 Haunted Attractions for Halloween
- 18 Agriturisimos in Napa, Sonoma?
- 19 Please help with trip planning for Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver
- 20 New Orleans weekend, plus a shout out to Sandra Bullock
- 21 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 22 Sedona sold out!
- 23 Overnight stay in N Central Idaho
- 24 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 25 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway