Myself and my partner are both 40 next year, so we had a thought to do something different than just have a cake with lots of candles ...lol
So we have decided to visit a few cities in the lovely USA, (we live is the UK by the way, Wales to be exact)
The cities we are looking to visit are New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. She who must be obeyed wants to visit the Grand Canyon and shop like mad in New York and L.A.
We would like some ideas of things to do while in these cities and surrounding areas, stuff that excite us are things that are not your normal touristy things, although we would like to do the usual so we can say we seen or been to the places like empire state building, statue of liberty ect,ect... also food is a big thing for us, we both enjoy trying different things, having watched many cooking programme over here in the UK, ( man vs. food, ect) we also would like ideas of some good places to eat that are not your normal restaurant type place ( hope that makes sense...lol )
I need to explain too that we will probably have a budget, but as to what that is just yet we have not decided, as I would depend on what type of things we would do and if we would pre-book or just do it ad-hoc
So any help or ideas would be grateful
Look forward to your replies
i have posted on here before, as we were looking to do a road trip, looks like we may have changed our minds about that now, but i'd like to thank those of you that posted and gave us help and feedback
what to do in and around new york city? ( in 3/4 days )
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 2 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 3 Hawaii is still Hell
- 4 Alaska restaurant prices
- 5 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 6 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 7 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 10 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 11 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 12 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 13 Priceline/HotWire Better Bidding Assistance
- 14 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 15 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 16 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 17 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 18 DC - WW2 flyover
- 19 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 20 More Wine les Whine in Napa
- 21 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 22 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 23 Where to raise a family in Florida?
- 24 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 25 Daytona Beach and ??