Myself and my partner are both 40 next year, so we had a thought to do something different than just have a cake with lots of candles ...lol
So we have decided to visit a few cities in the lovely USA, (we live is the UK by the way, Wales to be exact)
The cities we are looking to visit are New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. She who must be obeyed wants to visit the Grand Canyon and shop like mad in New York and L.A.
We would like some ideas of things to do while in these cities and surrounding areas, stuff that excite us are things that are not your normal touristy things, although we would like to do the usual so we can say we seen or been to the places like empire state building, statue of liberty ect,ect... also food is a big thing for us, we both enjoy trying different things, having watched many cooking programme over here in the UK, ( man vs. food, ect) we also would like ideas of some good places to eat that are not your normal restaurant type place ( hope that makes sense...lol )
I need to explain too that we will probably have a budget, but as to what that is just yet we have not decided, as I would depend on what type of things we would do and if we would pre-book or just do it ad-hoc
So any help or ideas would be grateful
Look forward to your replies
i have posted on here before, as we were looking to do a road trip, looks like we may have changed our minds about that now, but i'd like to thank those of you that posted and gave us help and feedback
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A day in Boston
- 2 Trip Starting from New York
- 3 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 4 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 5 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 6 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 7 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 8 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 9 Nilichik Ak.
- 10 public transportation to and from Freedom Trail from cruiseport
- 11 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 12 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 13 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 14 Looking for info on visiting the John Day Fossil Beds NM in Oregon
- 15 Phone SIM
- 16 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 17 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 18 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 19 New England Canada Road Trip
- 20 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 21 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 22 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 23 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 24 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?