Myself and my partner are both 40 next year, so we had a thought to do something different than just have a cake with lots of candles ...lol
So we have decided to visit a few cities in the lovely USA, (we live is the UK by the way, Wales to be exact)
The cities we are looking to visit are New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. She who must be obeyed wants to visit the Grand Canyon and shop like mad in New York and L.A.
We would like some ideas of things to do while in these cities and surrounding areas, stuff that excite us are things that are not your normal touristy things, although we would like to do the usual so we can say we seen or been to the places like empire state building, statue of liberty ect,ect... also food is a big thing for us, we both enjoy trying different things, having watched many cooking programme over here in the UK, ( man vs. food, ect) we also would like ideas of some good places to eat that are not your normal restaurant type place ( hope that makes sense...lol )
I need to explain too that we will probably have a budget, but as to what that is just yet we have not decided, as I would depend on what type of things we would do and if we would pre-book or just do it ad-hoc
So any help or ideas would be grateful
Look forward to your replies
i have posted on here before, as we were looking to do a road trip, looks like we may have changed our minds about that now, but i'd like to thank those of you that posted and gave us help and feedback
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 2 Cross Country NH to WA
- 3 best binocular for travel
- 4 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 5 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 6 Amish
- 7 Place to stay in Cocoa Beach
- 8 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 9 Seattle Hotels
- 10 Cayo Costa State Park
- 11 2 months in Hawaii!
- 12 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 13 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 14 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 15 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 16 Utah, arizona part three
- 17 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 18 Providence question
- 19 New OAK-Coliseum Shuttle -- Cost?
- 20 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 21 3 day cruise from Boston
- 22 Sonoma to Glacier NP via Craters Lake and Olympic National Park
- 23 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 24 Weekend Getaway to Philly - 2nd week of JULY!
- 25 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce