Myself and my partner are both 40 next year, so we had a thought to do something different than just have a cake with lots of candles ...lol
So we have decided to visit a few cities in the lovely USA, (we live is the UK by the way, Wales to be exact)
The cities we are looking to visit are New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. She who must be obeyed wants to visit the Grand Canyon and shop like mad in New York and L.A.
We would like some ideas of things to do while in these cities and surrounding areas, stuff that excite us are things that are not your normal touristy things, although we would like to do the usual so we can say we seen or been to the places like empire state building, statue of liberty ect,ect... also food is a big thing for us, we both enjoy trying different things, having watched many cooking programme over here in the UK, ( man vs. food, ect) we also would like ideas of some good places to eat that are not your normal restaurant type place ( hope that makes sense...lol )
I need to explain too that we will probably have a budget, but as to what that is just yet we have not decided, as I would depend on what type of things we would do and if we would pre-book or just do it ad-hoc
So any help or ideas would be grateful
Look forward to your replies
i have posted on here before, as we were looking to do a road trip, looks like we may have changed our minds about that now, but i'd like to thank those of you that posted and gave us help and feedback
what to do in and around new york city? ( in 3/4 days )
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 2 USA trip
- 3 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 4 Chicago Questions
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 7 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 8 How to dress in Vegas
- 9 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 10 Breckenridge in October
- 11 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 12 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 13 Orlando for Work
- 14 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 15 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 16 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 17 NBA tickets??
- 18 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 19 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 20 charlotte
- 21 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 22 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 23 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 24 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 25 camaro hire in waikiki