Myself and my partner are both 40 next year, so we had a thought to do something different than just have a cake with lots of candles ...lol
So we have decided to visit a few cities in the lovely USA, (we live is the UK by the way, Wales to be exact)
The cities we are looking to visit are New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. She who must be obeyed wants to visit the Grand Canyon and shop like mad in New York and L.A.
We would like some ideas of things to do while in these cities and surrounding areas, stuff that excite us are things that are not your normal touristy things, although we would like to do the usual so we can say we seen or been to the places like empire state building, statue of liberty ect,ect... also food is a big thing for us, we both enjoy trying different things, having watched many cooking programme over here in the UK, ( man vs. food, ect) we also would like ideas of some good places to eat that are not your normal restaurant type place ( hope that makes sense...lol )
I need to explain too that we will probably have a budget, but as to what that is just yet we have not decided, as I would depend on what type of things we would do and if we would pre-book or just do it ad-hoc
So any help or ideas would be grateful
Look forward to your replies
i have posted on here before, as we were looking to do a road trip, looks like we may have changed our minds about that now, but i'd like to thank those of you that posted and gave us help and feedback
what to do in and around new york city? ( in 3/4 days )
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 2 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 3 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 6 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 San Diego parks and attractions
- 10 Door County Suggestions
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 14 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 15 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 16 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 17 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 18 NYC theatre broadway
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 21 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 24 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 25 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!