I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
what is uniquely Providence or Rhode Island?
- 1 Warm and don't Drive
- 2 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 3 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 4 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 7 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 8 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 9 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 13 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 14 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 15 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 16 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 17 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 18 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 19 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 20 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 21 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 22 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 23 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 24 Madison Square Garden
- 25 hawaii for 10 weeks