I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 school admission
- 2 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 3 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 4 Maine weather and temps
- 5 Alcatrez sold out
- 6 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 7 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 8 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 9 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 10 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 11 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 12 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 13 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 14 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 15 Broadway
- 16 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 17 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 18 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 19 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 20 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 21 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 22 Need help planning....
- 23 L.A. and Sequoia
- 24 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 25 Hawaii with 2 young teens