I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 2 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 3 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 4 Safety Concerns
- 5 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 6 5 days in Colorado
- 7 Sedona for a Month
- 8 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 9 Alaska -public transport
- 10 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 11 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 12 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 13 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 14 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 15 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 16 Southwest road trip
- 17 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 18 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 19 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 20 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 21 Alaska independent tour for group
- 22 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 23 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 24 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 25 Hawaii Volcanoes