I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
what is uniquely Providence or Rhode Island?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 4 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 5 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 6 late-night DC restaurant
- 7 Houston in September
- 8 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 9 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 10 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 11 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 12 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 13 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 14 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 15 Philadelphia ?
- 16 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 17 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 18 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 19 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 20 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 21 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 22 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 23 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 24 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 25 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass