I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 2 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 3 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 4 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 5 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 6 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 7 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 8 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 9 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 10 Great OR beach house locations?
- 11 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 12 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 13 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 14 Ideas for New York
- 15 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 16 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 17 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 18 No Spam this morning!!
- 19 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 20 Honeymoon on PCH
- 21 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 22 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 23 San Francisco transit options
- 24 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 25 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels