I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 2 best health clubs with lap pools
- 3 10 days vacation in California
- 4 Trinity Site, NM
- 5 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 6 Retiring to Tucson
- 7 Santa Fe Itineray
- 8 North Carolina airports
- 9 Hotel in Reno
- 10 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 11 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 12 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 13 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 14 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 15 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 16 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 17 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 18 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 19 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 20 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 21 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 22 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 25 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017