I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
what is uniquely Providence or Rhode Island?
- 1 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 2 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 3 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 4 Middlebury vt quickie
- 5 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 6 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 7 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 8 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 9 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 10 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 11 hello guys....
- 12 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 13 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 14 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 15 Albuquerque to Denver
- 16 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 17 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 18 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 19 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 20 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 21 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 22 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 23 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 24 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 25 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?