I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 2 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 3 San Diego VRBO area
- 4 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 5 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 6 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 7 Glacier National Park 2018
- 8 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 9 Muir Woods in October
- 10 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 11 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 12 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 13 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 14 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 15 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 16 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 17 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 18 Colorado Shows Off
- 19 New England Tour
- 20 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 21 help me plan a Cali trip
- 22 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 23 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 24 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 25 Wilmington DE questions