I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 2 California Coast
- 3 University of Florida Public Campus Parking
- 4 Restaurants, Penn Quarter, Washington, DC
- 5 California Channel Island Santa Cruz Snorkeling
- 6 Washington State Attractions in Winter
- 7 Cross-Country trip advice
- 8 Where is a bus station in NJ close to NY that I can take to Manhattan?
- 9 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 10 Monday Morning Traffic to Laguardia from NW CT
- 11 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 12 Finding Steve Perry
- 13 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 14 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 15 Washington DC
- 16 Driving from Orlando, Fl to Austin, TX
- 17 Hotel near Chase field, Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 18 Late-October Colorado: Itinerary ?s and RMNP day hikes
- 19 Glacier National Park
- 20 Vacation Ideas?
- 21 Wild West Road Trip
- 22 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 23 Need Advice for trip to Oregon - Portland, coast and Crater Lake
- 24 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 25 Montross/Ouray in the rain. Also foliage