I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii Help
- 2 Yellowstone in early May
- 3 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 4 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 5 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 6 Wine Country
- 7 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 8 hotel shampoo and soap
- 9 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 10 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 11 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 12 Renting a car with DWAI
- 13 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 14 San Francisco first visit.
- 15 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 16 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 17 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 18 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 19 Park City- handicapped
- 20 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 21 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 22 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 23 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 24 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 25 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see