I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
what is uniquely Providence or Rhode Island?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 Weekend in NYC
- 6 Broadway this week
- 7 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 8 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Washington DC in Spring?
- 11 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 12 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 13 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 14 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 15 New York, New York...
- 16 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 17 trains in Europe
- 18 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 19 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 20 USA trip
- 21 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 22 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 23 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 24 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 25 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals