I've been living in Providence for a year and want to do things that are uniquely Providence or RI before I leave the area. For example, I discovered the Rhode Island drink is the Autocrat coffee syrup and then there is the NY System weiner that I've seen around.
do you have recommendations for what I should not miss??
i know that providence is historical: benefit streets, john hay/atheneum libraries, swan something cemetary (I forgot the name), architecture (names??), and schools.
is there shopping area or items that's unique to rhode island (nantucket has their basket weave and cranberries..) i heard slater mill was one of the first mill in the nation. is it still working?
any other information/recommendation, much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 2 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 3 south west family trip itinerary
- 4 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 5 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 6 Relocating to the Deep South
- 7 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 10 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 11 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 12 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 13 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 14 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 15 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 16 wasting time around JFK
- 17 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 18 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 19 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 20 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 21 SF Restaurant
- 22 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 23 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 24 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 25 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.