You guys ROCK this Forum and I cannot tell you how helpful it is so "Thank you" in
advance with any help you can offer. My husband and I are from St. Louis, MO. We went to Zion and Bryce in the Fall of 2009...including Willis Creek and Lower Calf Creek falls.
We would now like to do a Four Corner trip in May 2010. I'm trying to stay away from the holiday crowd so I felt some time between May 10th and the 24th would be a good span to decide when to leave and get back. We want the trip to be 10 or 11 days total. There are two things I really want to do and both have certain dates they open for the season. The first is SoaringTree Top Adventures in Durango Colorado Mountains..the first day they open is May 14th. The 2nd is to go to Mesa Verde after the 15th of May because the Balcony House is open until 5:00 for tours (I know many will think that 2 extra hours is no big deal but I love photography and want to try to catch the best light.) I would plan on staying at least 2 days in Mesa Verde. We also hope to get to go to the following: Monument Valley (will try to get a room at The View hotel), Canyonland, Arches, Antelope Canyon if it isn't too far and any other places not too out of the way we wouldn't want to miss. I am very flexible with where we would fly in and out of (suggestions would be very helpful) and suggestions on the best route to get the most in. We love hiking and I LOVE photography!!!! Thanks guys...this forum is what helped us have the best vacation ever to Bryce and Zion
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for New York
- 2 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 3 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 4 Help us choose a hotel
- 5 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 6 Honeymoon on PCH
- 7 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 8 Magic Show
- 9 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 10 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 11 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 12 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 13 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 14 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 15 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 16 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 17 Staying outside DC
- 18 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 19 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 20 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 21 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 22 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 23 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 24 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 25 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
what is the best route to take...trying to work out schedule in May..