We will be docking in Los Angeles (San Pedro) after a cruise. We have never been to California at all. We would like to spend a couple of nights in the area. I know that is not a lot of time to see much, but it is all we can do at that time. I have researched and researched and it just seems to leave me more and more confused. We are two couples in our 60's and probably do not want to drive (I have heard horror stories about the traffic). We probably need to stay somewhat close to the airport but I would prefer to stay in an area that we could walk around and see some things, rather than at an airport hotel. I have heard that Los Angeles is not a walking type of place. Would Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Manhattan Beach, or something be a good base? I would like to spend one day seeing the cheesy Hollywood sights (Grauman's, Walk of Fame, movie star homes). I have heard that the Hollywood area might not be the best for us to stay. So, basically, I am asking for a good base of operations for a quick trip...besides the Hollywood stuff maybe a day seeing the Santa Monica area or something like that. Also, we are budget-minded travelers, but if I at least know a good area to try, I will do my best to find something. We normally enjoy B&B's but it does not look as if they are plentiful. We are also thinking about a rental, but not knowing what neighborhood to look makes it difficult. Thanks for any help.
What area of/near Los Angeles?
- 1 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 2 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 3 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 4 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 5 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 6 Cape Ann area
- 7 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 8 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 9 Motor House
- 10 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 11 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 12 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 13 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 14 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 15 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 16 stay near newark or nyc
- 17 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 18 Kauai golf
- 19 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 20 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 21 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 22 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 23 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 24 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 25 time for a new countdown to Hawaii