We'll be two couples, in our 50's and 60's, in D.C. this weekend. We arrive late afternoon Fri., and we have a baseball game Sat. afternoon. So our main chunks of free time are Fri. night and Sat. night , tho' we also might have a few hrs. Sun. before leaving.
I've been to D.C. before but only recall daytime activities - museums, monuments, etc.; in the evenings just dined out, sometimes heard music, browsed bookstores. Am wondering if anyone has favorite nighttime activities, for those of us a little older and looking not for noisy bar scene but for interesting ideas? Also open to quieter music venues!
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Richmond, VA Fodor's fans?
- 2 Maui 7 day trip itinerary (with toddler)
- 3 Big Island Volcano with a 7 yr old
- 4 Northern California Relocation Road Trip
- 5 New Hampshire & Vermont trip
- 6 SF/LV/LA Itinerary Help
- 7 Kid Friendly Acivities
- 8 Mountain Honeymoon
- 9 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 10 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 11 Suggestions for 6-hour LAX layover from Vancouver with 3-yr old son
- 12 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 13 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 14 Asheville Hotel Indigo
- 15 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 16 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 17 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 18 Which city/area in Alaska to choose?
- 19 Traveling from SeaTac airport to Sequim, WA
- 20 Seattle Kitsay Airporter
- 21 Short weekend in Seattle
- 22 LV: Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall...?
- 23 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 24 Family Roadtrip from Atlanta in December
- 25 SPIRIT airlines FLL to DFW