We'll be two couples, in our 50's and 60's, in D.C. this weekend. We arrive late afternoon Fri., and we have a baseball game Sat. afternoon. So our main chunks of free time are Fri. night and Sat. night , tho' we also might have a few hrs. Sun. before leaving.
I've been to D.C. before but only recall daytime activities - museums, monuments, etc.; in the evenings just dined out, sometimes heard music, browsed bookstores. Am wondering if anyone has favorite nighttime activities, for those of us a little older and looking not for noisy bar scene but for interesting ideas? Also open to quieter music venues!
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 2 Boston area hotels
- 3 Rules of the NY Subway
- 4 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 5 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 6 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 7 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 8 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 9 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 10 Universal Studios vacation
- 11 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 12 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 13 Confused about Yellowstone trip
- 14 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 15 Fabulous resort for girls' getaway?
- 16 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 17 More lodging in Oregon for eclipse
- 18 Food Festival Tour
- 19 Seatte to San Fran - 3 Teenagers
- 20 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 21 Road Trip Bucks County PA to In the Dells Wisconsin
- 22 Dividing time in Glacier
- 23 My travels to Monument Valley
- 24 Miami for 2 days
- 25 San Antonio Grand Hyatt versus Marriott Riverwalk