We'll be two couples, in our 50's and 60's, in D.C. this weekend. We arrive late afternoon Fri., and we have a baseball game Sat. afternoon. So our main chunks of free time are Fri. night and Sat. night , tho' we also might have a few hrs. Sun. before leaving.
I've been to D.C. before but only recall daytime activities - museums, monuments, etc.; in the evenings just dined out, sometimes heard music, browsed bookstores. Am wondering if anyone has favorite nighttime activities, for those of us a little older and looking not for noisy bar scene but for interesting ideas? Also open to quieter music venues!
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 2 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 3 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 4 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 5 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 6 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 7 New Mexico in May
- 8 Redwoods National Park
- 9 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 10 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 11 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 12 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 13 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 14 Traveling Alone
- 15 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 16 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 17 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 18 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 19 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 20 Arizona in late January
- 21 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 22 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 23 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 24 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 25 Las Vegas Vacation