When flying over the midwest or southwest, I often see large green circles, sometimes in big bunches. I figure they must be a crop of some kind, but what? And why are they planted in circles? Does it have to do with irrigation? On my last trip I saw some were being harvested in pie-shaped sections. I'm counting on Fodorites to solve the mystery. Thanks.
What are those circular crops I see from the plane?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 2 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 3 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 4 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 5 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 6 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 7 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 8 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 9 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 10 Tipping advice
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 13 charleston during Christmas Week
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 19 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 20 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 21 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 22 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 23 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?