we are planning a holiday with our two teens in NOV 2014 ( so a long way away yet!) but i really want to get it right this time!
Having done this before, i now know what we need as individuals and a family when we travel O/S so the key question for me at this very early starting point is:
What areas should we avoid, if any when booking either a two -bed condo or a two interconnecting rooms with maybe a kitchenette? I was told by a friend that the area near the canal is not as desirable..something about nightclubs and safety at night?
Im gathering from the map i have here that would be the Ala Wai Boulevard?
My friend is looking to stay down near the zoo this time- the outrigger west apartments which are on the corner of Kalakaua ave and Kapahulu ave...above starbucks and chilis restaurant.,,apparently a ten minute stroll to the hustle and bustle of the Outrigger Waikiki where her family stayed last time.
I would like to be able to go shopping with my daughter- ie walk to the main places of action without relying on taxis or buses necessarily and not wanting to ask OH to get the rental car out to drop us off anywhere either
It wont matter during the day much ..we will be driving out for day trips no doubt together..it is just the evenings that concern me when typically OH has had enough and just wants to chill or nap whilst we girls go looking for shopping adventures unencumbered and unrushed!
Any opinions really appreciated. We want to be safe and if the general consensus is that waikiki is well-lit..well populated and just has the usual dangers of any busy centre then we will further explore the area of Paul St where i have been researching the Monarch 401 condo...seems very nice and quite reasonable at the moment..two bathrooms area a definite bonus and OH likes the idea of some space..it has got some views too which add to the appeal
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newmusclesupplement.com/endovex/
- 2 게임몽게임 ◆☏홈 피 - ktx449.컴 ※
- 3 stress free brain
- 4 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio
- 5 4 days road trip southern New England
- 6 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 7 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 8 http://maleenhancementshop.info/andro-no2/
- 9 http://www.supplementrail.com/vibrant-c-skin-cream/
- 10 http://maleenhancementshop.info/xtend-xr/
- 11 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 12 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 13 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 14 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 15 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 16 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 17 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 18 USA family tour
- 19 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 20 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 21 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 22 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 23 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 24 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 25 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
what are the different locales like in waikiki - does it matter THAT much where you stay?