I have only been to Houston once, and nowhere else in Texas. But then the below photo popped up in Facebook and now I'm thinking I'd love to see this. Lavender fields in Texas? Wow, is this pretty.
I don't know if 2013 will work (timing is specific for flowers). But, in digging a little bit, the below is near Fredericksburg and apparently San Antonio and Austin are near enough to make a week out of this...
So tell me about Texas hill country, and all the wildflowers, and Fredericksburg and San Antonio and Austin... muchas gracias!
What a photo - now I'm hankering to visit Texas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 3 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 4 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 5 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 6 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 7 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 8 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 9 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 10 Mesa Verde
- 11 New England in the fall
- 12 NYC Clubs for live music
- 13 relocating travel
- 14 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 17 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 20 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 21 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 22 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 23 Help with Wisconsin Dells Trip Plan
- 24 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 25 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend