I have only been to Houston once, and nowhere else in Texas. But then the below photo popped up in Facebook and now I'm thinking I'd love to see this. Lavender fields in Texas? Wow, is this pretty.
I don't know if 2013 will work (timing is specific for flowers). But, in digging a little bit, the below is near Fredericksburg and apparently San Antonio and Austin are near enough to make a week out of this...
So tell me about Texas hill country, and all the wildflowers, and Fredericksburg and San Antonio and Austin... muchas gracias!
What a photo - now I'm hankering to visit Texas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 2 10 day trip to California
- 3 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 4 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 5 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 Rafting near Denali
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 12 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 13 Kennedy Space Center
- 14 Week in October in Maine
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 18 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 19 B-Day Mini adventure
- 20 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 21 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 22 Timeshare Nightmares
- 23 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 24 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 25 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?