Me and my boyfriend are going to Maui for the first time(in November). We will be staying in the Kaanapali area for a few days before heading over to Wailea.
Deciding between The Whaler, Kaanapali Villas, and Mahana.
1. Which property has the smallest/largest/nicest pool?
2. Been reading that the Mahana and Whaler have basically no grounds to speak of. Is this true in your opinion? Which of the 3 properties has the nicest grounds?
3. Which unit is on the best part of the beach?
4. I know that both The Whaler and Kaanapali Villas offer oceanview rooms. Whose ocean views are better? I don't want to get there and find out that the oceanview room I booked is actually a PARTIAL ov. (I left The Mahana out of this one cause I know they are all oceanfront)
Any additional info on the Villas would be great. This is the property we are leaning towards.
I know it's a lot of questions. Believe me, we really appreciate your input. We have found this board to be an invaluable source of information for Maui.
Whaler, Kaanapali Villas, or Aston Mahana?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Connecticut River Byway
- 2 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 3 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 4 Boston/Salem with kids
- 5 San Diego farmer's markets
- 6 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 7 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 8 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 9 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 12 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 13 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 14 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 15 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 16 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 17 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 18 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 19 drive from SF to crater lake
- 20 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?