Hi, my husband and I are going away for a few days. Neither of us has ever gone whale watching so we're thinking of doing that. All of the boat tour websites say they run until mid-late Oct - but I'm wondering if it really is a good time to go? We would be going in the middle of September. We only have 4 days and 3 nights so I'd like to keep the driving time to no more than 6 hours (we'd be driving from the NYC area). Can anyone recommend some good towns? We'd like a nice area but nothing too stuffy - we're not looking to hang with the Kennedy's lol. Ideally we want to spend time hiking or biking as well. It might seem like a long drive but we don't mind spending time in the car and seeing even one whale cresting would be a huge deal for me. We were planning to go back to Middlebury, VT but now we're thinking whales. Thanks in advance for your tips!
Whale Watching - East Coast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 3 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 4 New England in the fall
- 5 Itinerary opinions
- 6 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 7 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 8 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 9 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 10 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 11 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 12 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 13 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 14 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 15 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 16 NYC Clubs for live music
- 17 relocating travel
- 18 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 19 Seattle Hyatts
- 20 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 21 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 22 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 23 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 24 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 25 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?