My husband and I and two children (will be aged 10 and 15 when we travel next year) are planning a 21 night trip for our 20th wedding anniversary. This is all very new to us and we have what we think is a good idea for our itinery but i would really value some opinions from experinced travellers about how realistic is and if we are missing something amazing that we really should do. The plan is:
Day 1 - Fly to LA
Day 2 Drive to Grand Canyon - spend 3 nights in Grand Canyon
Day 5 - Drive to Zion Park - spend 2 nights
Day 7 - Drive to Las Vegas - Spend 2 nights
Day 9 - Drive to Yosemite (via Death Valley) - 4 nights in Yosemite (maybe 5)
Day 13 - Drive to San Fransisco - 2 nights in San Fransisco
Day 15 - 21 - Coastal drive and more relaxed week exploring beaches to return to LA and probably spend a day or so exploring LA before flight home.
I would really value any opinions on this itineray. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 2 Things to do in Toronto
- 3 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 4 Miami airport--safety??
- 5 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 6 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 7 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 8 US whole month of January where to
- 9 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 10 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 11 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 12 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 13 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 14 Recent Spam Attacks
- 15 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 16 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 17 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 18 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 19 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 20 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 21 Baltimore Weekend
- 22 Dinosaur National Monument
- 23 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 24 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 25 Rocky Mountain road trip