My husband and I and two children (will be aged 10 and 15 when we travel next year) are planning a 21 night trip for our 20th wedding anniversary. This is all very new to us and we have what we think is a good idea for our itinery but i would really value some opinions from experinced travellers about how realistic is and if we are missing something amazing that we really should do. The plan is:
Day 1 - Fly to LA
Day 2 Drive to Grand Canyon - spend 3 nights in Grand Canyon
Day 5 - Drive to Zion Park - spend 2 nights
Day 7 - Drive to Las Vegas - Spend 2 nights
Day 9 - Drive to Yosemite (via Death Valley) - 4 nights in Yosemite (maybe 5)
Day 13 - Drive to San Fransisco - 2 nights in San Fransisco
Day 15 - 21 - Coastal drive and more relaxed week exploring beaches to return to LA and probably spend a day or so exploring LA before flight home.
I would really value any opinions on this itineray. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 2 Safety Concerns
- 3 Get off of your Muscle Building Online
- 4 http://hikehealth.com/
- 5 http://hikehealth.com/crevalor-and-megatropin/
- 6 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 7 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 8 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 9 Trip to northern California
- 10 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 11 First Trip to Texas -
- 12 5 days in Colorado
- 13 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 14 Washington DC with kids
- 15 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 16 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 17 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 18 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 19 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 20 Sedona for a Month
- 21 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 22 Alaska -public transport
- 23 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 24 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 25 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?