My husband and I and two children (will be aged 10 and 15 when we travel next year) are planning a 21 night trip for our 20th wedding anniversary. This is all very new to us and we have what we think is a good idea for our itinery but i would really value some opinions from experinced travellers about how realistic is and if we are missing something amazing that we really should do. The plan is:
Day 1 - Fly to LA
Day 2 Drive to Grand Canyon - spend 3 nights in Grand Canyon
Day 5 - Drive to Zion Park - spend 2 nights
Day 7 - Drive to Las Vegas - Spend 2 nights
Day 9 - Drive to Yosemite (via Death Valley) - 4 nights in Yosemite (maybe 5)
Day 13 - Drive to San Fransisco - 2 nights in San Fransisco
Day 15 - 21 - Coastal drive and more relaxed week exploring beaches to return to LA and probably spend a day or so exploring LA before flight home.
I would really value any opinions on this itineray. Thanks
Western USA Road Trip / National Parks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 3 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 4 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 7 trains in Europe
- 8 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 9 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 10 USA trip
- 11 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 12 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 13 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 14 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 15 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 16 Washington DC in Spring?
- 17 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 18 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 19 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 20 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 21 NBA tickets??
- 22 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 23 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 24 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 25 Alaskan coast travel options