My husband and I and two children (will be aged 10 and 15 when we travel next year) are planning a 21 night trip for our 20th wedding anniversary. This is all very new to us and we have what we think is a good idea for our itinery but i would really value some opinions from experinced travellers about how realistic is and if we are missing something amazing that we really should do. The plan is:
Day 1 - Fly to LA
Day 2 Drive to Grand Canyon - spend 3 nights in Grand Canyon
Day 5 - Drive to Zion Park - spend 2 nights
Day 7 - Drive to Las Vegas - Spend 2 nights
Day 9 - Drive to Yosemite (via Death Valley) - 4 nights in Yosemite (maybe 5)
Day 13 - Drive to San Fransisco - 2 nights in San Fransisco
Day 15 - 21 - Coastal drive and more relaxed week exploring beaches to return to LA and probably spend a day or so exploring LA before flight home.
I would really value any opinions on this itineray. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.americansfitness.com/alpha-muscle-complex
- 2 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 3 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 4 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 5 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 6 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 7 New England Tour
- 8 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 9 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 10 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 11 Downtown Denver hotel
- 12 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 13 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 14 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 15 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 16 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 17 San Diego VRBO area
- 18 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 19 Glacier National Park 2018
- 20 Muir Woods in October
- 21 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 22 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 23 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 24 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 25 Disneyland Grand Californian