My husband and I and two children (will be aged 10 and 15 when we travel next year) are planning a 21 night trip for our 20th wedding anniversary. This is all very new to us and we have what we think is a good idea for our itinery but i would really value some opinions from experinced travellers about how realistic is and if we are missing something amazing that we really should do. The plan is:
Day 1 - Fly to LA
Day 2 Drive to Grand Canyon - spend 3 nights in Grand Canyon
Day 5 - Drive to Zion Park - spend 2 nights
Day 7 - Drive to Las Vegas - Spend 2 nights
Day 9 - Drive to Yosemite (via Death Valley) - 4 nights in Yosemite (maybe 5)
Day 13 - Drive to San Fransisco - 2 nights in San Fransisco
Day 15 - 21 - Coastal drive and more relaxed week exploring beaches to return to LA and probably spend a day or so exploring LA before flight home.
I would really value any opinions on this itineray. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 2 Places to stay in TX...?
- 3 Highway 1 motels
- 4 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 5 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 6 Mackinac or Holland?
- 7 Best beach to try surfing around Monterey/Santa Cruz?
- 8 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 9 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 10 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 11 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 12 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 13 Photographers Need Maine Driving Itinerary from Fairfield County, CT
- 14 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 15 http://www.getadvancingincome.com/pokemon-fire-red-cheats/
- 16 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 17 Your Golden Gate Park favorites
- 18 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 19 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 20 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 21 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 22 driving from LA to Portland
- 23 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 24 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 25 San Fran to LA via PCH