My husband and I and two children (will be aged 10 and 15 when we travel next year) are planning a 21 night trip for our 20th wedding anniversary. This is all very new to us and we have what we think is a good idea for our itinery but i would really value some opinions from experinced travellers about how realistic is and if we are missing something amazing that we really should do. The plan is:
Day 1 - Fly to LA
Day 2 Drive to Grand Canyon - spend 3 nights in Grand Canyon
Day 5 - Drive to Zion Park - spend 2 nights
Day 7 - Drive to Las Vegas - Spend 2 nights
Day 9 - Drive to Yosemite (via Death Valley) - 4 nights in Yosemite (maybe 5)
Day 13 - Drive to San Fransisco - 2 nights in San Fransisco
Day 15 - 21 - Coastal drive and more relaxed week exploring beaches to return to LA and probably spend a day or so exploring LA before flight home.
I would really value any opinions on this itineray. Thanks
Western USA Road Trip / National Parks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 road trip Houston-NJ
- 2 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 5 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 6 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 7 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 8 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 9 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 10 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 11 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 12 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 13 Getting to Key West
- 14 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 17 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 18 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 19 The Sagamore - Winter Activities
- 20 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 21 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 22 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 23 Dinner in Miami
- 24 Orlando to Savannah
- 25 Tipping advice