My husband and I and two children (will be aged 10 and 15 when we travel next year) are planning a 21 night trip for our 20th wedding anniversary. This is all very new to us and we have what we think is a good idea for our itinery but i would really value some opinions from experinced travellers about how realistic is and if we are missing something amazing that we really should do. The plan is:
Day 1 - Fly to LA
Day 2 Drive to Grand Canyon - spend 3 nights in Grand Canyon
Day 5 - Drive to Zion Park - spend 2 nights
Day 7 - Drive to Las Vegas - Spend 2 nights
Day 9 - Drive to Yosemite (via Death Valley) - 4 nights in Yosemite (maybe 5)
Day 13 - Drive to San Fransisco - 2 nights in San Fransisco
Day 15 - 21 - Coastal drive and more relaxed week exploring beaches to return to LA and probably spend a day or so exploring LA before flight home.
I would really value any opinions on this itineray. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 4 Ideas for New York
- 5 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 6 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 7 Help us choose a hotel
- 8 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 9 Honeymoon on PCH
- 10 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 11 Magic Show
- 12 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 13 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 14 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 15 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 16 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 17 Staying outside DC
- 18 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 19 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 20 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 21 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 22 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 23 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 24 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 25 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs