We'd like to spend 7 days in the Western United States next summer with our 3 kids - ages 4,11 & 12. Since we've never been out West what area would an experienced traveler recommend that would be scenic, educational and FUN. We don't have to cover a huge amount of territory but would like to see some of the better known "tourist" sites and also visit a National Park or two. (Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico, Colorado?) I'm overwhelmed with information and would welcome any recommendations so I can narrow down our planning. Thank you!
Western U.S. Car Trip with Kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC to LA road trip - Buy or rent a car?
- 2 san fran sightseeing
- 3 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 4 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 5 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 6 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 7 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 8 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 9 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 10 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 11 American Honeymoon in March
- 12 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 13 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 16 Boston in winter?
- 17 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 18 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 19 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 20 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 21 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 22 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 23 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?