I am looking for suggestions. I am a college student looking to experience the Western United States and am originally from Oregon. My current plan is to start in Portland where I live, head to Spokane and eventually through Missoula. I look to do a lot of fly fishing and camping through Montana and continue through Butte, Bozeman and Billings. Eventually I will end up at mount Rushmore which is one of the main destinations I really want to see. Upon going to Rushmore I would head down to Boulder and fish there and do more outdoor activities. After that I'm headed to Jackson for a while. My trip will finish in Bend, Oregon where my parents just purchased a new home. I plan on spending roughly two months on this trip enjoying my time reading, fishing, camping, and many other activities. This seems like a decent route but is still in its early stages. Any sort of suggestion would be appreciated.
Western United States Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 4 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 5 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 6 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 7 New York City Restaurants
- 8 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Boston/Fenway park
- 11 California self drive trip
- 12 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 13 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 14 Timeshare Nightmares
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 10 day trip to California
- 17 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 18 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 19 Drive along the Columbia River
- 20 Wine Country Picnic
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 23 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 24 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,