I am looking for suggestions. I am a college student looking to experience the Western United States and am originally from Oregon. My current plan is to start in Portland where I live, head to Spokane and eventually through Missoula. I look to do a lot of fly fishing and camping through Montana and continue through Butte, Bozeman and Billings. Eventually I will end up at mount Rushmore which is one of the main destinations I really want to see. Upon going to Rushmore I would head down to Boulder and fish there and do more outdoor activities. After that I'm headed to Jackson for a while. My trip will finish in Bend, Oregon where my parents just purchased a new home. I plan on spending roughly two months on this trip enjoying my time reading, fishing, camping, and many other activities. This seems like a decent route but is still in its early stages. Any sort of suggestion would be appreciated.
Western United States Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Denver in a half day
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 14 Oahu ideas
- 15 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 16 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 Best places to move to Florida?
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 21 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 22 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 23 Key Largo, FL
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle