I am looking for suggestions. I am a college student looking to experience the Western United States and am originally from Oregon. My current plan is to start in Portland where I live, head to Spokane and eventually through Missoula. I look to do a lot of fly fishing and camping through Montana and continue through Butte, Bozeman and Billings. Eventually I will end up at mount Rushmore which is one of the main destinations I really want to see. Upon going to Rushmore I would head down to Boulder and fish there and do more outdoor activities. After that I'm headed to Jackson for a while. My trip will finish in Bend, Oregon where my parents just purchased a new home. I plan on spending roughly two months on this trip enjoying my time reading, fishing, camping, and many other activities. This seems like a decent route but is still in its early stages. Any sort of suggestion would be appreciated.
Western United States Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 3 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Kennedy Space Center
- 6 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 7 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 8 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 9 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 10 5 week in US/Mexico
- 11 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 14 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 15 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 16 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 17 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 18 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 21 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 22 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 23 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 24 Jersey City Parking
- 25 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?