I am looking for suggestions. I am a college student looking to experience the Western United States and am originally from Oregon. My current plan is to start in Portland where I live, head to Spokane and eventually through Missoula. I look to do a lot of fly fishing and camping through Montana and continue through Butte, Bozeman and Billings. Eventually I will end up at mount Rushmore which is one of the main destinations I really want to see. Upon going to Rushmore I would head down to Boulder and fish there and do more outdoor activities. After that I'm headed to Jackson for a while. My trip will finish in Bend, Oregon where my parents just purchased a new home. I plan on spending roughly two months on this trip enjoying my time reading, fishing, camping, and many other activities. This seems like a decent route but is still in its early stages. Any sort of suggestion would be appreciated.
Western United States Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California
- 2 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 3 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 4 Sunday jazz brunch & weekday afternoon tea recs?
- 5 Cross Country RV Trip
- 6 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 7 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 8 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 9 Universal Orlando
- 10 Florida or caribbean
- 11 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 12 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 13 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 14 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 15 Deep South sept 2015
- 16 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 17 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 18 New England September
- 19 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 20 Active Vacation
- 21 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 22 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 23 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 24 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 25 Portland, OR hotel question