Im already planning next years summer vacation. Im looking to vacation somewhere in Southwestern North Carolina and Northern Georgia in the mountains. Places ive already covered in North Carolina include the Great Smoky Mountains, Ashesville/ Biltmore Estate, Grandfather Mountain, Mount Mitchell, and Blowing Rock as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway North of Asheville. Ive been to the Smoky Mountains several times, but spent most of the time on the Gatlinburg/Tennessee side of the mountains, although I have driven over to Cherokee. And my vacation last year was to the Blowing Rock area of the NC mountains. Im thinking about staying at Highlands, NC and explore from there. I havent seen Chimney Rock, which seems like a doable day trip. Brevard seems like a cool destination as well. Along with Franklin and Cashiers. Maggie Valley up by the Smokies also sounds interesting. In Georgia, Brasstown Bald, Amicola Falls, Tallugh Gorge all sound like neat places. I have not been to Georgia before and ive heard the Georgia mountains are beautiful, so I def want to see some of North Georgia. So, for those of you who have vacationed in this area, what town would be the best base or multiple bases for this vacation? We will probably have a week for the vacation.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 2 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 3 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 4 New England Tour
- 5 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 6 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 7 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 8 Downtown Denver hotel
- 9 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 10 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 11 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 12 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 13 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 14 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 15 San Diego VRBO area
- 16 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 17 Glacier National Park 2018
- 18 Muir Woods in October
- 19 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 20 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 21 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 22 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 23 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 24 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 25 Colorado Shows Off