Im already planning next years summer vacation. Im looking to vacation somewhere in Southwestern North Carolina and Northern Georgia in the mountains. Places ive already covered in North Carolina include the Great Smoky Mountains, Ashesville/ Biltmore Estate, Grandfather Mountain, Mount Mitchell, and Blowing Rock as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway North of Asheville. Ive been to the Smoky Mountains several times, but spent most of the time on the Gatlinburg/Tennessee side of the mountains, although I have driven over to Cherokee. And my vacation last year was to the Blowing Rock area of the NC mountains. Im thinking about staying at Highlands, NC and explore from there. I havent seen Chimney Rock, which seems like a doable day trip. Brevard seems like a cool destination as well. Along with Franklin and Cashiers. Maggie Valley up by the Smokies also sounds interesting. In Georgia, Brasstown Bald, Amicola Falls, Tallugh Gorge all sound like neat places. I have not been to Georgia before and ive heard the Georgia mountains are beautiful, so I def want to see some of North Georgia. So, for those of you who have vacationed in this area, what town would be the best base or multiple bases for this vacation? We will probably have a week for the vacation.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 2 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 3 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 4 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 5 Great Beach in North or South Carolina
- 6 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 7 florida gulf coast
- 8 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 9 Week motorcycle ride
- 10 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 11 Broadway
- 12 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 13 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 14 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 15 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 16 L.A. and Sequoia
- 17 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 18 Maine weather and temps
- 19 Not enough time, i guess..
- 20 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 21 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 22 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 23 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 24 Traveling across the US
- 25 Great Smoky Mountains National Park Trip Report