Im already planning next years summer vacation. Im looking to vacation somewhere in Southwestern North Carolina and Northern Georgia in the mountains. Places ive already covered in North Carolina include the Great Smoky Mountains, Ashesville/ Biltmore Estate, Grandfather Mountain, Mount Mitchell, and Blowing Rock as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway North of Asheville. Ive been to the Smoky Mountains several times, but spent most of the time on the Gatlinburg/Tennessee side of the mountains, although I have driven over to Cherokee. And my vacation last year was to the Blowing Rock area of the NC mountains. Im thinking about staying at Highlands, NC and explore from there. I havent seen Chimney Rock, which seems like a doable day trip. Brevard seems like a cool destination as well. Along with Franklin and Cashiers. Maggie Valley up by the Smokies also sounds interesting. In Georgia, Brasstown Bald, Amicola Falls, Tallugh Gorge all sound like neat places. I have not been to Georgia before and ive heard the Georgia mountains are beautiful, so I def want to see some of North Georgia. So, for those of you who have vacationed in this area, what town would be the best base or multiple bases for this vacation? We will probably have a week for the vacation.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 2 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 3 Jazzfest side trips
- 4 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 5 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 6 Lice Happens
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 9 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 10 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 11 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 12 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 13 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 14 IAH to HOU Questions
- 15 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 16 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 17 No Spam this morning!!
- 18 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 19 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 20 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 21 San Francisco transit options
- 22 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 23 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 24 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 25 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016