Im already planning next years summer vacation. Im looking to vacation somewhere in Southwestern North Carolina and Northern Georgia in the mountains. Places ive already covered in North Carolina include the Great Smoky Mountains, Ashesville/ Biltmore Estate, Grandfather Mountain, Mount Mitchell, and Blowing Rock as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway North of Asheville. Ive been to the Smoky Mountains several times, but spent most of the time on the Gatlinburg/Tennessee side of the mountains, although I have driven over to Cherokee. And my vacation last year was to the Blowing Rock area of the NC mountains. Im thinking about staying at Highlands, NC and explore from there. I havent seen Chimney Rock, which seems like a doable day trip. Brevard seems like a cool destination as well. Along with Franklin and Cashiers. Maggie Valley up by the Smokies also sounds interesting. In Georgia, Brasstown Bald, Amicola Falls, Tallugh Gorge all sound like neat places. I have not been to Georgia before and ive heard the Georgia mountains are beautiful, so I def want to see some of North Georgia. So, for those of you who have vacationed in this area, what town would be the best base or multiple bases for this vacation? We will probably have a week for the vacation.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 4 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 5 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 6 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 7 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 8 Kauai Kona Coast Resort Beachboy
- 9 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 10 Western U.S. Road trip
- 11 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 12 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 13 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 14 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 15 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 16 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 17 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 18 Seattle plus: San Juan Island, Victoria, or Vancouver?
- 19 Returned from Sedona
- 20 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 21 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 22 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 23 New Orleans logistics
- 24 First Trip to New Orleans
- 25 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning