Im already planning next years summer vacation. Im looking to vacation somewhere in Southwestern North Carolina and Northern Georgia in the mountains. Places ive already covered in North Carolina include the Great Smoky Mountains, Ashesville/ Biltmore Estate, Grandfather Mountain, Mount Mitchell, and Blowing Rock as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway North of Asheville. Ive been to the Smoky Mountains several times, but spent most of the time on the Gatlinburg/Tennessee side of the mountains, although I have driven over to Cherokee. And my vacation last year was to the Blowing Rock area of the NC mountains. Im thinking about staying at Highlands, NC and explore from there. I havent seen Chimney Rock, which seems like a doable day trip. Brevard seems like a cool destination as well. Along with Franklin and Cashiers. Maggie Valley up by the Smokies also sounds interesting. In Georgia, Brasstown Bald, Amicola Falls, Tallugh Gorge all sound like neat places. I have not been to Georgia before and ive heard the Georgia mountains are beautiful, so I def want to see some of North Georgia. So, for those of you who have vacationed in this area, what town would be the best base or multiple bases for this vacation? We will probably have a week for the vacation.
Western NC/ North Georgia Vacation
- 1 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 2 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 3 NYC
- 4 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 5 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 6 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 7 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 8 Middlebury vt quickie
- 9 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 10 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 11 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 12 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 13 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 14 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 15 hello guys....
- 16 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 17 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 18 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 19 Albuquerque to Denver
- 20 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 21 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 22 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 23 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 24 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 25 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip