Im already planning next years summer vacation. Im looking to vacation somewhere in Southwestern North Carolina and Northern Georgia in the mountains. Places ive already covered in North Carolina include the Great Smoky Mountains, Ashesville/ Biltmore Estate, Grandfather Mountain, Mount Mitchell, and Blowing Rock as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway North of Asheville. Ive been to the Smoky Mountains several times, but spent most of the time on the Gatlinburg/Tennessee side of the mountains, although I have driven over to Cherokee. And my vacation last year was to the Blowing Rock area of the NC mountains. Im thinking about staying at Highlands, NC and explore from there. I havent seen Chimney Rock, which seems like a doable day trip. Brevard seems like a cool destination as well. Along with Franklin and Cashiers. Maggie Valley up by the Smokies also sounds interesting. In Georgia, Brasstown Bald, Amicola Falls, Tallugh Gorge all sound like neat places. I have not been to Georgia before and ive heard the Georgia mountains are beautiful, so I def want to see some of North Georgia. So, for those of you who have vacationed in this area, what town would be the best base or multiple bases for this vacation? We will probably have a week for the vacation.
Western NC/ North Georgia Vacation
- 1 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 2 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 3 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 4 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 5 hotel near Met NYC
- 6 Oahu Information
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 9 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 10 Warm and don't Drive
- 11 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 12 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 13 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 14 Hotel near Public Theater
- 15 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 One day in Washington DC
- 18 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 19 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 20 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 21 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 Key West on NYE
- 24 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 25 Ft. Stewart/Savannah