Im already planning next years summer vacation. Im looking to vacation somewhere in Southwestern North Carolina and Northern Georgia in the mountains. Places ive already covered in North Carolina include the Great Smoky Mountains, Ashesville/ Biltmore Estate, Grandfather Mountain, Mount Mitchell, and Blowing Rock as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway North of Asheville. Ive been to the Smoky Mountains several times, but spent most of the time on the Gatlinburg/Tennessee side of the mountains, although I have driven over to Cherokee. And my vacation last year was to the Blowing Rock area of the NC mountains. Im thinking about staying at Highlands, NC and explore from there. I havent seen Chimney Rock, which seems like a doable day trip. Brevard seems like a cool destination as well. Along with Franklin and Cashiers. Maggie Valley up by the Smokies also sounds interesting. In Georgia, Brasstown Bald, Amicola Falls, Tallugh Gorge all sound like neat places. I have not been to Georgia before and ive heard the Georgia mountains are beautiful, so I def want to see some of North Georgia. So, for those of you who have vacationed in this area, what town would be the best base or multiple bases for this vacation? We will probably have a week for the vacation.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver to moab
- 2 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 3 San Fracisco to Seattle road trip
- 4 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 5 Utah National Parks Itinerary
- 6 Sequoias between Death Valley and San Diego
- 7 low elevation to Yellowstone
- 8 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 9 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 10 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 11 How to do 3 days around North Cascades National Park?
- 12 Rules of the NY Subway
- 13 vermont lake
- 14 Where to stay at Grand Wailea & Grand Hyatt
- 15 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 16 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 17 Seward without a car
- 18 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 19 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 20 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 21 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons Itinerary Help!
- 22 flagstaff
- 23 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 24 sugestions
- 25 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary