We are planning our trip around a conference in Chicago starting Friday, July 9th. We will leave Kansas City on July 3rd and visit friends in Champaign, IL. Sunday the 4th we plan to head north toward Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Are there "can't miss" places along the way to Sturgeon Bay? We are mostly interested in towns along the lake, hiking or biking trails, moderate priced dining with a view, and lodging along the waterfront. Any suggestions of a good place to spend the night on the 4th of July? Finally, any suggestions for lodging in Sturgeon Bay or surrounding area? Thanks.
Western Edge of Lake Michigan in July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 6 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 7 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 8 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 9 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 10 Visiting Denver
- 11 Visiting Denver
- 12 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 13 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 14 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 15 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 16 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 17 Denver in a half day
- 18 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 19 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 20 Oahu ideas
- 21 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 22 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 23 Best places to move to Florida?
- 24 West Coast Bound End of March
- 25 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help