My boyfriend and I are planning a week-long trip to West Yellowstone, MT in August. We are staying at the Bar N Ranch and wanted to hear suggestions of the most popular attractions, any fun off-the-beaten path activities/sights to see/do, as well as the best outfitters/companies for white-water rafting, kayaking, horesback riding, mountain biking, etc. Oh, and where are the best hot springs to relax in? It would be nice to do a white-water rafting trip and then end the afternoon in some hot springs! We will be flying into Bozeman and renting a car to drive down to West Yellowstone but would prefer not to drive more than two hours for any sight-seeing or activities. I would describe us as being in our late twenties, athletic, and up for any outdoor fun! We are really looking forward to getting out of the city and being outdoors for the week!
West Yellowstone, MT & surrounding area activities in August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 Circle Oahu / luau
- 4 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 7 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 8 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 9 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 10 Backpacking in April
- 11 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 replica designer handbags
- 14 First family ski trip
- 15 San Diego parks and attractions
- 16 Cape Cod in early April
- 17 USA with a 3 year old
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 united and carry-ons
- 20 Portland Maine Hotels
- 21 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 22 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 23 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 24 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York