My boyfriend and I are planning a week-long trip to West Yellowstone, MT in August. We are staying at the Bar N Ranch and wanted to hear suggestions of the most popular attractions, any fun off-the-beaten path activities/sights to see/do, as well as the best outfitters/companies for white-water rafting, kayaking, horesback riding, mountain biking, etc. Oh, and where are the best hot springs to relax in? It would be nice to do a white-water rafting trip and then end the afternoon in some hot springs! We will be flying into Bozeman and renting a car to drive down to West Yellowstone but would prefer not to drive more than two hours for any sight-seeing or activities. I would describe us as being in our late twenties, athletic, and up for any outdoor fun! We are really looking forward to getting out of the city and being outdoors for the week!
West Yellowstone, MT & surrounding area activities in August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 2 Mesa Verde
- 3 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 4 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 5 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 8 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 9 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 10 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 11 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 12 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 13 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 14 Major League Soccer clubs, what should FC Dallas do?
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 21 San Diego - wher to stay
- 22 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 23 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 24 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 25 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida