My boyfriend and I are planning a week-long trip to West Yellowstone, MT in August. We are staying at the Bar N Ranch and wanted to hear suggestions of the most popular attractions, any fun off-the-beaten path activities/sights to see/do, as well as the best outfitters/companies for white-water rafting, kayaking, horesback riding, mountain biking, etc. Oh, and where are the best hot springs to relax in? It would be nice to do a white-water rafting trip and then end the afternoon in some hot springs! We will be flying into Bozeman and renting a car to drive down to West Yellowstone but would prefer not to drive more than two hours for any sight-seeing or activities. I would describe us as being in our late twenties, athletic, and up for any outdoor fun! We are really looking forward to getting out of the city and being outdoors for the week!
West Yellowstone, MT & surrounding area activities in August
- 1 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 2 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 3 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 4 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 5 hello guys....
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 8 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 9 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 10 Albuquerque to Denver
- 11 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 12 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 13 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 14 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 15 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 16 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 17 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 18 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 19 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 20 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 21 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 22 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 23 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 24 Michigan Beaches
- 25 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas