My boyfriend and I are planning a week-long trip to West Yellowstone, MT in August. We are staying at the Bar N Ranch and wanted to hear suggestions of the most popular attractions, any fun off-the-beaten path activities/sights to see/do, as well as the best outfitters/companies for white-water rafting, kayaking, horesback riding, mountain biking, etc. Oh, and where are the best hot springs to relax in? It would be nice to do a white-water rafting trip and then end the afternoon in some hot springs! We will be flying into Bozeman and renting a car to drive down to West Yellowstone but would prefer not to drive more than two hours for any sight-seeing or activities. I would describe us as being in our late twenties, athletic, and up for any outdoor fun! We are really looking forward to getting out of the city and being outdoors for the week!
West Yellowstone, MT & surrounding area activities in August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 3 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 4 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 rain in Kauai
- 8 Jersey City Parking
- 9 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 10 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 11 SF to DR? WTH!
- 12 Kennebunkport and....?
- 13 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 14 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 15 Washington, DC to Boston
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Where to go in Maine?
- 18 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 19 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 20 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 21 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 22 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 23 Kennedy Space Center
- 24 San Diego Trip Report
- 25 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?