We are planning a several week road trip from the East Coast to Idaho through South Dakota and Wyoming--Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Jewel/Wind Dave, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, etc. We have made this trip before and are familiar with the National Parks. But this time we are traveling with our 6, 8, 10 yr olds and are looking to break up the drive with some additional kid friendly "Western" activities (even "cheesy" ones). We are looking for places to pan for gold, ride horses, see a rodeo, participate in a powwow, etc. We know Wall Drug and the Corn Palace...what else do you suggest?
West with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 3 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 6 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 7 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 10 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 13 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 14 Richmond highlights?
- 15 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 16 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 17 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 18 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 19 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 20 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 21 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 22 Washington DC in Spring?
- 23 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 24 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 25 Must Eats