We are planning a several week road trip from the East Coast to Idaho through South Dakota and Wyoming--Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Jewel/Wind Dave, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, etc. We have made this trip before and are familiar with the National Parks. But this time we are traveling with our 6, 8, 10 yr olds and are looking to break up the drive with some additional kid friendly "Western" activities (even "cheesy" ones). We are looking for places to pan for gold, ride horses, see a rodeo, participate in a powwow, etc. We know Wall Drug and the Corn Palace...what else do you suggest?
West with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 2 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 3 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 4 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 7 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 8 charleston during Christmas Week
- 9 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 12 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 13 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 14 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 15 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 16 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 17 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 18 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 19 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 20 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 21 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 22 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 23 Key West Hotel in January
- 24 los angeles restaurants
- 25 West Maui Restaurants