We are planning a several week road trip from the East Coast to Idaho through South Dakota and Wyoming--Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Jewel/Wind Dave, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, etc. We have made this trip before and are familiar with the National Parks. But this time we are traveling with our 6, 8, 10 yr olds and are looking to break up the drive with some additional kid friendly "Western" activities (even "cheesy" ones). We are looking for places to pan for gold, ride horses, see a rodeo, participate in a powwow, etc. We know Wall Drug and the Corn Palace...what else do you suggest?
West with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 5 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 6 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 7 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 8 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 9 Asheville NC without a car
- 10 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 11 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 12 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 13 Myrtle Beach
- 14 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 15 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 16 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 17 Colorado in the summer!
- 18 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 21 Washington DC Metro
- 22 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 23 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 24 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 25 Alexandria or Georgetown