We are planning a several week road trip from the East Coast to Idaho through South Dakota and Wyoming--Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Jewel/Wind Dave, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, etc. We have made this trip before and are familiar with the National Parks. But this time we are traveling with our 6, 8, 10 yr olds and are looking to break up the drive with some additional kid friendly "Western" activities (even "cheesy" ones). We are looking for places to pan for gold, ride horses, see a rodeo, participate in a powwow, etc. We know Wall Drug and the Corn Palace...what else do you suggest?
West with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 2 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 3 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 4 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 5 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 6 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 7 California San Diego area lodging
- 8 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 9 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 10 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 11 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 12 Utah 2
- 13 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 14 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 17 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 18 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 19 Kauai Garden tours
- 20 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 21 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 22 Taking the St. Charles streetcar - looking for a stop along the way . . .
- 23 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 24 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 25 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston