We are planning a several week road trip from the East Coast to Idaho through South Dakota and Wyoming--Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Jewel/Wind Dave, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, etc. We have made this trip before and are familiar with the National Parks. But this time we are traveling with our 6, 8, 10 yr olds and are looking to break up the drive with some additional kid friendly "Western" activities (even "cheesy" ones). We are looking for places to pan for gold, ride horses, see a rodeo, participate in a powwow, etc. We know Wall Drug and the Corn Palace...what else do you suggest?
West with children
View all United States activity »
- 1 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 2 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 3 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 4 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 5 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 6 Madison Square Garden
- 7 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 8 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 9 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 10 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 11 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 12 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 13 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 14 Warm and don't Drive
- 15 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 16 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 17 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 18 Biloxi questions again
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 21 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 22 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 23 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 24 San Antonio
- 25 Sedona to Palm Springs