We are planning a several week road trip from the East Coast to Idaho through South Dakota and Wyoming--Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Jewel/Wind Dave, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, etc. We have made this trip before and are familiar with the National Parks. But this time we are traveling with our 6, 8, 10 yr olds and are looking to break up the drive with some additional kid friendly "Western" activities (even "cheesy" ones). We are looking for places to pan for gold, ride horses, see a rodeo, participate in a powwow, etc. We know Wall Drug and the Corn Palace...what else do you suggest?
West with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 2 San Diego with Kids
- 3 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 6 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 7 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 8 Cape Cod
- 9 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 10 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 11 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 12 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 13 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 14 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 15 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 16 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 17 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 18 Getting around the Big Island
- 19 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 20 best of yellowstone
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 23 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 24 New York Yankee Station
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa