We are planning a several week road trip from the East Coast to Idaho through South Dakota and Wyoming--Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Jewel/Wind Dave, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, etc. We have made this trip before and are familiar with the National Parks. But this time we are traveling with our 6, 8, 10 yr olds and are looking to break up the drive with some additional kid friendly "Western" activities (even "cheesy" ones). We are looking for places to pan for gold, ride horses, see a rodeo, participate in a powwow, etc. We know Wall Drug and the Corn Palace...what else do you suggest?
West with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 2 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 5 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 West Maui Restaurants
- 10 San Diego Little Italy
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 13 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 14 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 17 Key West Hotel in January
- 18 Healdsburg tips
- 19 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 20 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 21 los angeles restaurants
- 22 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 23 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 24 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 25 Calf trip