We are planning a several week road trip from the East Coast to Idaho through South Dakota and Wyoming--Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Jewel/Wind Dave, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, etc. We have made this trip before and are familiar with the National Parks. But this time we are traveling with our 6, 8, 10 yr olds and are looking to break up the drive with some additional kid friendly "Western" activities (even "cheesy" ones). We are looking for places to pan for gold, ride horses, see a rodeo, participate in a powwow, etc. We know Wall Drug and the Corn Palace...what else do you suggest?
West with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 2 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 3 Victoria Clipper to Friday Harbor/San Juan Islands
- 4 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 5 Road Trip From Dallas to RMNP through CO Springs.
- 6 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 7 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 8 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 9 2 day in Adirondack park
- 10 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 11 A specific safety issue in Area Hell's Kitchen, 43th West Street
- 12 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port
- 13 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 14 Itinerary suggestion needed for DC
- 15 Re-Visit DC
- 16 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 17 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 18 Places to stay in DC
- 19 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 20 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 21 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 22 Please help me with my Minnesota itinerary
- 23 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 24 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 25 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?