We are planning a several week road trip from the East Coast to Idaho through South Dakota and Wyoming--Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Jewel/Wind Dave, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, etc. We have made this trip before and are familiar with the National Parks. But this time we are traveling with our 6, 8, 10 yr olds and are looking to break up the drive with some additional kid friendly "Western" activities (even "cheesy" ones). We are looking for places to pan for gold, ride horses, see a rodeo, participate in a powwow, etc. We know Wall Drug and the Corn Palace...what else do you suggest?
West with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California coast: April
- 2 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 3 A Week in Seattle & the Pacific NW
- 4 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 5 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 6 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 7 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 8 Road Trip
- 9 Whale watching
- 10 New York Yankee Station
- 11 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 12 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 14 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 15 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 16 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 17 September trip to Michigan
- 18 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 19 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 20 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 21 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 22 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 23 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 24 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 25 Stubhub and NFL Tickets