We are planning a several week road trip from the East Coast to Idaho through South Dakota and Wyoming--Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Jewel/Wind Dave, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, etc. We have made this trip before and are familiar with the National Parks. But this time we are traveling with our 6, 8, 10 yr olds and are looking to break up the drive with some additional kid friendly "Western" activities (even "cheesy" ones). We are looking for places to pan for gold, ride horses, see a rodeo, participate in a powwow, etc. We know Wall Drug and the Corn Palace...what else do you suggest?
West with children
- 1 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 2 1 day in Portland
- 3 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 4 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 5 7 DAY ALASKA CRUISE STOPPING IN 3 PORTS
- 6 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 7 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 8 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 9 Nova Scotia to Boston
- 10 Seeking recs for centrally located quality hotel in LA
- 11 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 12 Key West at Christmas time
- 13 Small Sofas
- 14 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 15 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 16 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 17 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 18 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 19 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 20 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 21 Trying To Find a Place
- 22 romantic colorado trip
- 23 Fourth of July Weekend
- 24 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 25 Fires in Colorado