Hello all, just looking for a little information to make sure I can make this trip safely. A little background information first though. Currently I'm military stationed in Europe and I have an assignment to Alaska in February. I have various options I can take, but the most appealing one is to fly home to West Virginia, take leave to see the family, then drive from there to Anchorage. I'm taking about 10 days for the trip,driving about 8 hours per day, and I'm just looking for information on what routes to take, what I can expect for weather and road conditions, and some excellent stops on the way. Originally I was going to drive to Washington and take the ferry, but have read that during that time of year the ferry goes from Bellingham to Juneau and then to Whittier, but that was going to take something like 5 days and the wife gets sea sick. I'll be driving a 4x4 jeep compass and am used to driving in the snow, just want to know what I'm getting into. Thanks in advance for all the help, and if anyone wants some information for traveling in Europe just let me know.
West Virginia to Anchorage, Alaska in February.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas in TX
- 2 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 3 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 4 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 5 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 6 Ben Landa
- 7 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 8 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 9 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 10 Tucson area flooding
- 11 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 12 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 14 California
- 15 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 16 San Diego locals-can you advise?
- 17 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 18 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 19 Oregon Road Trip
- 20 Long Island Advice
- 21 Colorado aspen updates
- 22 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 23 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 24 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 25 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining