A few weeks ago I flew into West Palm Beach on US Airways from Philadelphia to see the Eagles-Dolphins game in Miami. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Palm Beach. The hotel was beautiful, with the chandaliers in the lobby, the infinty pool and great views of the beach. I was surprised at how small the beach was, and the ocean was also surprisingly rough and had the red-tentacle jelly fish that sting. So, I was disappointed that I couldn't swim in the ocean. Usually when I fly down to Florida and the Caribbean I'll be swimming more in the ocean than in the hotel pool. Not this time. Sun Life Stadium had great views of the Miami skyline, and the food wasn't all that bad with fast-moving lines. West Palm Beach International is so convienient as well. I was at my gate in less than 15 minutes with how fast check in and security wemt much to the dismay of PHL. The weather was also pleasing. Sunshine most of the time (your always going to get some rain in Florida) with temps in high 70's in the day and low 70's at night. Just beautiful.
West Palm Beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Coast-California
- 2 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 3 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 4 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 5 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 6 Self guided White House tour
- 7 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 8 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 9 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 10 Moving to CT
- 11 Hotels Philly
- 12 Northwest USA
- 13 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 14 Ackislander
- 15 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 16 san diego or nearby area
- 17 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 18 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 LA for a day and a half
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 24 Texas
- 25 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal