A few weeks ago I flew into West Palm Beach on US Airways from Philadelphia to see the Eagles-Dolphins game in Miami. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Palm Beach. The hotel was beautiful, with the chandaliers in the lobby, the infinty pool and great views of the beach. I was surprised at how small the beach was, and the ocean was also surprisingly rough and had the red-tentacle jelly fish that sting. So, I was disappointed that I couldn't swim in the ocean. Usually when I fly down to Florida and the Caribbean I'll be swimming more in the ocean than in the hotel pool. Not this time. Sun Life Stadium had great views of the Miami skyline, and the food wasn't all that bad with fast-moving lines. West Palm Beach International is so convienient as well. I was at my gate in less than 15 minutes with how fast check in and security wemt much to the dismay of PHL. The weather was also pleasing. Sunshine most of the time (your always going to get some rain in Florida) with temps in high 70's in the day and low 70's at night. Just beautiful.
West Palm Beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 2 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 3 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 4 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 5 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 6 DC - WW2 flyover
- 7 Colorado trip
- 8 Colorado trip in early May
- 9 Cape cod and Acadia
- 10 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 11 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 12 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 13 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 14 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 15 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 16 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 17 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 18 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 19 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 20 First visit in New Mexico
- 21 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 22 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 23 Maine in latter half of September
- 24 Grand Marais?
- 25 D.C. restaurants for families.