A few weeks ago I flew into West Palm Beach on US Airways from Philadelphia to see the Eagles-Dolphins game in Miami. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Palm Beach. The hotel was beautiful, with the chandaliers in the lobby, the infinty pool and great views of the beach. I was surprised at how small the beach was, and the ocean was also surprisingly rough and had the red-tentacle jelly fish that sting. So, I was disappointed that I couldn't swim in the ocean. Usually when I fly down to Florida and the Caribbean I'll be swimming more in the ocean than in the hotel pool. Not this time. Sun Life Stadium had great views of the Miami skyline, and the food wasn't all that bad with fast-moving lines. West Palm Beach International is so convienient as well. I was at my gate in less than 15 minutes with how fast check in and security wemt much to the dismay of PHL. The weather was also pleasing. Sunshine most of the time (your always going to get some rain in Florida) with temps in high 70's in the day and low 70's at night. Just beautiful.
West Palm Beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 2 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 3 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 4 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 5 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 6 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 7 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 8 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 9 Road Trip SW
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 California road trip
- 12 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 13 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 14 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 15 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 16 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 17 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 18 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 19 Yosemite Fire
- 20 Lodging - Yosemite
- 21 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 22 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 23 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 24 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 25 An RV trip along the coast