A few weeks ago I flew into West Palm Beach on US Airways from Philadelphia to see the Eagles-Dolphins game in Miami. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Palm Beach. The hotel was beautiful, with the chandaliers in the lobby, the infinty pool and great views of the beach. I was surprised at how small the beach was, and the ocean was also surprisingly rough and had the red-tentacle jelly fish that sting. So, I was disappointed that I couldn't swim in the ocean. Usually when I fly down to Florida and the Caribbean I'll be swimming more in the ocean than in the hotel pool. Not this time. Sun Life Stadium had great views of the Miami skyline, and the food wasn't all that bad with fast-moving lines. West Palm Beach International is so convienient as well. I was at my gate in less than 15 minutes with how fast check in and security wemt much to the dismay of PHL. The weather was also pleasing. Sunshine most of the time (your always going to get some rain in Florida) with temps in high 70's in the day and low 70's at night. Just beautiful.
West Palm Beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 2 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit
- 3 palm desert, CA
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 5 Houston in September
- 6 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 7 Traffic north on Hwy. 1 in Maine Sat. 9/20 midday
- 8 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 9 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 10 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 11 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 12 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 13 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 15 Scouting Mt. Dora, Florida
- 16 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 17 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 18 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 19 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 20 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 21 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 22 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 23 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 24 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 25 New York Trip