A few weeks ago I flew into West Palm Beach on US Airways from Philadelphia to see the Eagles-Dolphins game in Miami. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Palm Beach. The hotel was beautiful, with the chandaliers in the lobby, the infinty pool and great views of the beach. I was surprised at how small the beach was, and the ocean was also surprisingly rough and had the red-tentacle jelly fish that sting. So, I was disappointed that I couldn't swim in the ocean. Usually when I fly down to Florida and the Caribbean I'll be swimming more in the ocean than in the hotel pool. Not this time. Sun Life Stadium had great views of the Miami skyline, and the food wasn't all that bad with fast-moving lines. West Palm Beach International is so convienient as well. I was at my gate in less than 15 minutes with how fast check in and security wemt much to the dismay of PHL. The weather was also pleasing. Sunshine most of the time (your always going to get some rain in Florida) with temps in high 70's in the day and low 70's at night. Just beautiful.
West Palm Beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oom-pa-pa at the Y (our “camping” report) April 2015 St. Louis MO
- 2 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 3 Alaska Trip Planning
- 4 Southern Alabama trip report
- 5 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 6 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 7 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 8 Atlanta to LA
- 9 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 10 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 11 New York City-New Things?
- 12 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 13 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 14 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 15 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 16 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 17 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 18 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 19 Yes, there are coyotes in Manhattan
- 20 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 21 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 22 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 23 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 24 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 25 new york subway help please