I am travelling from Sydney to the west coast in May 2014 with my husband and some friends for my husbands 40th.
We fly into and out of LA with 12 days on the ground.
We want to go up the coast road towards Big Sur, Monterey, head into Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Napa, San Fran and fly back to LA. Too much?? We are all pretty active and want to be able to relax and not be in the car too much. I'd love to hike and swim as much as we can. I really want to do a mix of accommodation levels, average and splurge here and there along the way. Any stand out places we need to stay at or things we just can't miss out on. I've done LA before and not really fussed about hanging there I'd rather get straight on the road.
Looking forward on your tips on planning our trip.
many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 http://www.supplementscart.com/alpha-hard-reload/
- 3 Houston during hurricane
- 4 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 5 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 6 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 7 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 8 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 9 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 10 JFK to Washington
- 11 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 12 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 13 Maui and Kauai
- 14 Where to live in the North East
- 15 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 16 Phoenix for the weekend
- 17 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 18 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 19 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 20 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 21 Christmas in Colorado
- 22 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 23 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 24 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 25 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!