I am travelling from Sydney to the west coast in May 2014 with my husband and some friends for my husbands 40th.
We fly into and out of LA with 12 days on the ground.
We want to go up the coast road towards Big Sur, Monterey, head into Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Napa, San Fran and fly back to LA. Too much?? We are all pretty active and want to be able to relax and not be in the car too much. I'd love to hike and swim as much as we can. I really want to do a mix of accommodation levels, average and splurge here and there along the way. Any stand out places we need to stay at or things we just can't miss out on. I've done LA before and not really fussed about hanging there I'd rather get straight on the road.
Looking forward on your tips on planning our trip.
many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscart.com/nitrocut/
- 2 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 3 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 4 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 5 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 6 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 7 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 8 Train from east cost to west coast
- 9 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 10 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 11 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 12 Arches or Zion?
- 13 Route 66
- 14 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 15 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 16 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 17 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 18 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 19 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 20 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 21 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 22 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 23 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 24 Northern California Gardens.
- 25 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST