My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 2 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 7 los angeles restaurants
- 8 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 9 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 10 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 11 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 12 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 13 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 14 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 15 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 16 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 17 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 18 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 19 NW Houston restaurant help
- 20 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 21 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 22 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 23 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 24 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 25 charleston during Christmas Week