My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 2 Hotel in Reno
- 3 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 4 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 5 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 6 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 7 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 8 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 9 Retiring to Tucson
- 10 Trinity Site, NM
- 11 Santa Fe Itineray
- 12 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 13 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 16 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 17 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 18 North Carolina airports
- 19 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 20 Boston to Naples florida
- 21 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 22 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 10 days vacation in California