My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
- 1 Hotel near Public Theater
- 2 California Tour Groups?
- 3 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 6 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 7 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 8 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 9 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 10 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 11 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 12 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 13 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 14 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 15 Warm and don't Drive
- 16 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 17 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Savanah Sojourn
- 22 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 23 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 24 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 25 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England