My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 2 Miami comfort without $$$$
- 3 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 4 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 5 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 6 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 7 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 8 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 9 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 10 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 11 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 12 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 13 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 14 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 15 Montana- what are must see places?
- 16 California San Diego area lodging
- 17 Kauai Garden tours
- 18 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 19 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 20 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 21 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 22 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 23 Advice on Roadtrip
- 24 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 25 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch