My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 15 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area