My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 4 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 5 WISCONSIN
- 6 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 7 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 8 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 11 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 12 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 13 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 14 Brooklyn why?
- 15 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 19 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 20 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 21 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 24 Dining in D.C.
- 25 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and