My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Red Rocks Amphitheater places to stay
- 2 Ice cream Cape Cod
- 3 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 4 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 5 Reagan Library
- 6 Southern history- walkable cities
- 7 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 8 US Open Tennis
- 9 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 10 Hawaii with limited time
- 11 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 12 Your favourite places in New York City
- 13 Steamboat in August
- 14 Hotels in San Diego
- 15 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 16 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 17 Cape cod Labor Day
- 18 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 19 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 20 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 21 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 22 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 23 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 24 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 25 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer