My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 2 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 3 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 11 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 14 San Diego parks and attractions
- 15 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 16 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 17 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 18 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 19 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 20 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 21 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 22 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 23 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 24 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 25 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary