My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 9-10 day trip to WA
- 2 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 3 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 4 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 5 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 6 California Trip
- 7 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 8 Need help nailing down the details
- 9 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 10 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 11 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 12 Turo?
- 13 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 14 Recommendations for Hikes in Glacier National Park
- 15 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 16 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 17 NYC For The Day
- 18 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 19 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 20 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 21 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 22 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 23 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 24 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 25 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017