My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 3 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 Weekend in NYC
- 6 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 7 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 8 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 9 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 10 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 11 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 12 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 13 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 14 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 15 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 16 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 17 Breckenridge in October
- 18 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 19 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 20 Richmond highlights?
- 21 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 22 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 23 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 24 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 25 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014