My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 2 Vancouver to Washington State
- 3 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 4 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 5 Glacier National Park 2018
- 6 Rhode Island Get Away
- 7 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 Adirondacks trip repot
- 10 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 11 New England Tour
- 12 Carmel CA lodging
- 13 Driving CA 395
- 14 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 15 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 16 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 17 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 18 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 19 Maui and Kauai
- 20 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 21 Hawaii wedding
- 22 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 23 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 24 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 25 Philadelphia Traffic Help