My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 questioning it water will make
- 2 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 3 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 4 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 5 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 6 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 7 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 8 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 9 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 10 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 11 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 12 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 13 Boston waterfront Italian
- 14 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 15 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 16 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 17 Kids Vacation Place
- 18 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 19 Napa valley getaway
- 20 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 21 Day in Spokane
- 22 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 23 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 24 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 25 Aug. cruise wardrobe