My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 6 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 7 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 8 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 9 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 10 charlotte
- 11 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 12 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 13 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 14 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 15 Sonoma or napa?
- 16 USA trip
- 17 Black Hills Trip Report
- 18 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 19 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 20 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 21 Cape Cod in October
- 22 Air Connections on Maui
- 23 Theater Historians
- 24 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 25 New York - Quebec itinierary