My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 2 Road trip from and back to New York
- 3 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 4 50th in Hawaii
- 5 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 6 Bear cubs at Wild Animal Sanctuary
- 7 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 8 11 days SE coast road trip
- 9 Silverthorne
- 10 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 11 Places to stay in TX...?
- 12 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 13 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 14 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 15 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 16 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 17 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 18 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 19 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 20 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 21 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 22 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 23 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 24 Driving from Baltimore to Savannah Ga
- 25 Berkshires with a toddler