My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip Loop San Fran south to Monterey - then -east
- 2 Advise on trip
- 3 ALASKA FOR 7 DAYS
- 4 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 5 help getting through mobile, al
- 6 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 7 Hawaii, Big Island, Luau
- 8 Cody, WY --suggestions for short stop?
- 9 Bar Harbor/Acadia NP
- 10 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 11 Moab UT Accommendations
- 12 Pearl Harbor no bag policy
- 13 Best time to visit alaska
- 14 NJ to Florida drive
- 15 DC Metro Closures
- 16 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 17 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 18 Grade 12 subjects
- 19 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 20 A week in NYC - first timers
- 21 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 22 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 23 Any one found a fee free ATM around Point Pleasant, NJ area?
- 24 From NYC to DC...Bus Questions
- 25 A weekend in Alaska: Northern Lights and more