My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 3 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 5 Hana from the aiport
- 6 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 7 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 8 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 9 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 10 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 11 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 12 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 13 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 14 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 15 from Moab to Bryce
- 16 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 17 San Diego-Hotel
- 18 Los Angeles day trips
- 19 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 20 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 21 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 22 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 23 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 24 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 25 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)