My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pearl Harbour Visit Hawaii
- 2 Cajun Country, first visit, late December, please help
- 3 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 4 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 5 getting around DC
- 6 Overnight stops from NJ to Florida?
- 7 Driving From NE Tennessee to NYC -- Where to Stop?
- 8 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 9 Family trip to New Orleans . . . Suggestions???
- 10 Sights and Restaurants in Brooklyn
- 11 Can you see Oak Alley Plantation from the road?
- 12 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 13 East Coast Road Trip In Late January
- 14 California
- 15 Oahu
- 16 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 17 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 18 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 19 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 20 Vermont trip report - photos and captions
- 21 Oregon Scenic Road Trip from Crater Lake to Portland, Oregon
- 22 Going to Grand Canyon North Rim 2 days, then Bryce (or Zion)
- 23 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 24 What time is it?
- 25 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)