My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 school admission
- 2 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 3 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 4 Maine weather and temps
- 5 Alcatrez sold out
- 6 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 7 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 8 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 9 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 10 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 11 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 12 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 13 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 14 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 15 Broadway
- 16 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 17 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 18 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 19 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 20 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 21 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 22 Need help planning....
- 23 L.A. and Sequoia
- 24 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 25 Hawaii with 2 young teens