My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 2 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 3 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 4 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 5 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 6 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 7 Overnight between Mt. Rushmore & YNP?
- 8 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 9 Pacific coast road trip
- 10 Wknd getaway within 2 hours of Denver
- 11 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 12 ALASKA - 10 + DAYS
- 13 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 14 Austin with Kids
- 15 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 16 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 17 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 18 Neighborhood Visiting Atlanta w/o a Car
- 19 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 20 portland and area
- 21 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 22 St. Louis Metro from Airport to Amtrak Station
- 23 Something new/ different between Jackson WY and Billings, MT
- 24 Suggestions on transport from Las Vegas to San Francisco
- 25 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley