My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 2 New Orleans music
- 3 NYC Play Advice
- 4 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 5 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 6 CA Trip - include Mammoth Lakes OR Yosemite?
- 7 Arcadia National Park/ Week in Maine
- 8 We're missing one night's hotel accommodation in Glacier NP
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 11 Napa Valley Weekend
- 12 2 weeks to see Grand Canyons, ending in Las Vegas, where to start?
- 13 A Taste of Alaska’s Bounty
- 14 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 15 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 16 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 17 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 18 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 19 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 20 Driving from Missoula to Many Glacier Hotel
- 21 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 22 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 24 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 25 Carlsbad Caverns