My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 2 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 3 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 4 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 5 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 6 Temecula< CA
- 7 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 8 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 9 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 10 Vegas hotels for families
- 11 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 12 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 13 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 16 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 17 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 18 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 19 Transportation help in Philly
- 20 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 21 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 22 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 23 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 24 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 25 Hilton Midtown New York