My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 2 San Diego farmer's markets
- 3 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 4 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 5 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 6 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 7 Connecticut River Byway
- 8 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 9 Boston/Salem with kids
- 10 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 11 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 12 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 16 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 17 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 20 drive from SF to crater lake
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?