My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Martha's Vineyard with the in-laws
- 2 Trailing of the Sheep Festival
- 3 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 4 Does anyone know the hotel in Maui...
- 5 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 6 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 7 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 8 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 9 Vegas Where to Start
- 10 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 11 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 12 June 2015 Trip to Oregon
- 13 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 14 Yellowstone June 2014
- 15 2 months in Hawaii!
- 16 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 17 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 18 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 19 Horseback riding in Waipio Valley
- 20 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 21 Annapolis to Boston
- 22 Road Trip
- 23 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 24 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 25 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.