My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 2 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 3 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 4 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 5 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 6 Getaway
- 7 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 8 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 9 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 12 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 13 Theater Historians
- 14 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 15 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 16 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 17 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 18 Boston hotel & transportation
- 19 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 20 NBA tickets??
- 21 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 22 Air Connections on Maui
- 23 hilton capital
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon