My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 2 highway 54
- 3 Help with driving East to West
- 4 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 5 Boston Chinatown restaurant or tour recommendations
- 6 Looking for great dude ranch that is at least somewhat authentic
- 7 Sail yacht. California
- 8 Arizona Real Estate Agent
- 9 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Charleston, South Carolina
- 11 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 12 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 13 Rhode Island with a Toddler
- 14 Cashless Toll roads.
- 15 Cab from Newark to West Windsor NJ.
- 16 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 17 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 18 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 19 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 20 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 21 Zion - Angel's Landing Trail Closed
- 22 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 23 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 24 Farewell from Ira
- 25 Texas to New York Flight/Hotel Tips