My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 2 West Coast Bound End of March
- 3 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 4 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 5 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 6 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 7 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 8 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 9 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 10 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 11 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 12 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Best places to move to Florida?
- 15 Juneau May 8th
- 16 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 22 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 23 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 24 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 25 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona