My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 week in US/Mexico
- 2 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 3 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 4 10 day trip to California
- 5 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Rafting near Denali
- 10 New York City Restaurants
- 11 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 12 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 13 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 14 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Week in October in Maine
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 19 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 20 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 21 B-Day Mini adventure
- 22 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 23 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 24 Timeshare Nightmares
- 25 Rafting in Wisconsin