My husband and I are traveling to Portland in early October for a business conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before. We will leave Portland around mid day on Friday and head to the Coast. We will be staying in Cannon Beach Friday night.
How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
We will leave Cannon Beach and continue along the Shore on Saturday and end back up in Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region late Sat and all of Sunday.
How far South should we travel on the Coast before heading back across to Dundee?
Thank you so much for your information in advance. Any "local gems" for food, coffee or wine along the way would be appreciated too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 waiting line queue management system
- 2 About In-road Tours and Travels
- 3 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 4 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 5 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 6 help from a true New Yorker.
- 7 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 8 Safety Concerns
- 9 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 10 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 11 Alaska independent tour for group
- 12 Washington DC with kids
- 13 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 14 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 15 5 days in Colorado
- 16 Trip to northern California
- 17 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 18 40th in Key West
- 19 Downtown Chicago
- 20 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 21 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 22 Alaska -public transport
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 Hamilton Broadway
- 25 Nashville and Gatlinburg