My husband and I are traveling to Portland in Early October for a Business Conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before.
We will be leaving Portland on Friday mid-afternoon and driving to the Coast, staying in Cannon Beach Friday night. How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
On Saturday we will continue our Coastal Drive and then head back across to Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region on late Saturday and all of Sunday. How far down the Coast should we drive before cutting back across to Dundee?
Any info would greatly help! Also any "hidden gems" for food, coffee and wine would be great as well.
Thank you in advance!
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Questions
- 2 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 3 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 4 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 5 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 6 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 7 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 8 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 9 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 10 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 11 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 12 Is the New York subway safe?
- 13 Chicago eateries downtown
- 14 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Where to from Tampa?
- 17 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 18 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 20 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 21 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 22 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 23 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 24 Nice place to stop for the night between Akron, OH and Walt Disney World.
- 25 charlotte