My husband and I are traveling to Portland in Early October for a Business Conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before.
We will be leaving Portland on Friday mid-afternoon and driving to the Coast, staying in Cannon Beach Friday night. How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
On Saturday we will continue our Coastal Drive and then head back across to Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region on late Saturday and all of Sunday. How far down the Coast should we drive before cutting back across to Dundee?
Any info would greatly help! Also any "hidden gems" for food, coffee and wine would be great as well.
Thank you in advance!
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 2 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 3 Colorado in the summer!
- 4 Kennebunkport and....?
- 5 Need limo service from JFK
- 6 Where to go in Maine?
- 7 Travel West Coast
- 8 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 11 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 15 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 16 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 19 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 20 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 21 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 22 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 23 Dining in D.C.
- 24 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 25 Charleston, SC Beaches