My husband and I are traveling to Portland in Early October for a Business Conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before.
We will be leaving Portland on Friday mid-afternoon and driving to the Coast, staying in Cannon Beach Friday night. How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
On Saturday we will continue our Coastal Drive and then head back across to Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region on late Saturday and all of Sunday. How far down the Coast should we drive before cutting back across to Dundee?
Any info would greatly help! Also any "hidden gems" for food, coffee and wine would be great as well.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 2 United Nations tours
- 3 NYC with 8 yr old
- 4 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 5 Things to do off I81 through VA?
- 6 Relocating?
- 7 stopping off I 81 South
- 8 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 9 Advice on tipping
- 10 Best stays in Jackson hole/tetons
- 11 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 12 Virginia Beach/ Before or After Labor Day?
- 13 September Road Trip in New England
- 14 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 15 Road trip October
- 16 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 17 2 months in Hawaii!
- 18 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 19 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 20 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 21 Mosser Hotel in San Francisco, CA
- 22 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 23 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 24 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 25 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15