My husband and I are traveling to Portland in Early October for a Business Conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before.
We will be leaving Portland on Friday mid-afternoon and driving to the Coast, staying in Cannon Beach Friday night. How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
On Saturday we will continue our Coastal Drive and then head back across to Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region on late Saturday and all of Sunday. How far down the Coast should we drive before cutting back across to Dundee?
Any info would greatly help! Also any "hidden gems" for food, coffee and wine would be great as well.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Layover
- 2 Seattle?
- 3 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 4 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 5 First Trip to New Mexico
- 6 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 7 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 8 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 9 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 10 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 11 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 12 November redwoods trip
- 13 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 14 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 15 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 16 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 17 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 18 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 19 Wedding gifts?
- 20 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 21 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 22 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 23 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 24 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 25 SF Area - Fall Family Trip