My husband and I are traveling to Portland in Early October for a Business Conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before.
We will be leaving Portland on Friday mid-afternoon and driving to the Coast, staying in Cannon Beach Friday night. How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
On Saturday we will continue our Coastal Drive and then head back across to Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region on late Saturday and all of Sunday. How far down the Coast should we drive before cutting back across to Dundee?
Any info would greatly help! Also any "hidden gems" for food, coffee and wine would be great as well.
Thank you in advance!
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 3 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 4 Universal studios/Orlando
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 8 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 11 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 12 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 17 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 18 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 19 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 20 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 24 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings