My husband and I are traveling to Portland in Early October for a Business Conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before.
We will be leaving Portland on Friday mid-afternoon and driving to the Coast, staying in Cannon Beach Friday night. How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
On Saturday we will continue our Coastal Drive and then head back across to Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region on late Saturday and all of Sunday. How far down the Coast should we drive before cutting back across to Dundee?
Any info would greatly help! Also any "hidden gems" for food, coffee and wine would be great as well.
Thank you in advance!
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 2 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 3 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 4 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 14 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 15 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 22 Maui vacation
- 23 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 24 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 25 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help