We are taking a group (22 people) (from Utah) to South Bend to a football game at Notre Dame in mid-October. We will be flying into South Bend mid-day on Friday, and then back out on Sunday evening. We are looking for suggestions for somewhere good (YUMMY, local - NOT a chain!, good for a group, unique...up to around $25/plate) to go for dinner on Friday night, and also for suggestions for things to do in the area on Sunday until late afternoon when we have to head back to the airport. We do have transportation for our group (vans), so that isn't an issue. We will be touring the campus and also going to the Football Hall of Fame already. What else is nearby that we can go/see/do that will give us some of the flavor of the area? Is there anything in "Amish country" that is open on Sundays? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! PS- most of the group do not drink, so wineries and such aren't the best option
Weekend trip in Oct to Notre Dame - what to do when NOT at the game?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 4 Cape Cod in early April
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 11 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 12 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 13 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 14 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 15 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 16 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 17 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 20 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 21 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 22 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 23 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 24 Philadelphia
- 25 Arizona road trip any changes?