We are taking a group (22 people) (from Utah) to South Bend to a football game at Notre Dame in mid-October. We will be flying into South Bend mid-day on Friday, and then back out on Sunday evening. We are looking for suggestions for somewhere good (YUMMY, local - NOT a chain!, good for a group, unique...up to around $25/plate) to go for dinner on Friday night, and also for suggestions for things to do in the area on Sunday until late afternoon when we have to head back to the airport. We do have transportation for our group (vans), so that isn't an issue. We will be touring the campus and also going to the Football Hall of Fame already. What else is nearby that we can go/see/do that will give us some of the flavor of the area? Is there anything in "Amish country" that is open on Sundays? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! PS- most of the group do not drink, so wineries and such aren't the best option
Weekend trip in Oct to Notre Dame - what to do when NOT at the game?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 2 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 3 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 4 A Beautiful Bike Ride in Southern Delaware (Rehoboth, Bethany)
- 5 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 6 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 7 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 8 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 9 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 10 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help
- 11 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 12 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 13 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 14 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 15 Long Island Advice
- 16 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 17 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 18 Philadelphia ?
- 19 Tour of the Wester US
- 20 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 21 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 22 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 23 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 24 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 25 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide