We are taking a group (22 people) (from Utah) to South Bend to a football game at Notre Dame in mid-October. We will be flying into South Bend mid-day on Friday, and then back out on Sunday evening. We are looking for suggestions for somewhere good (YUMMY, local - NOT a chain!, good for a group, unique...up to around $25/plate) to go for dinner on Friday night, and also for suggestions for things to do in the area on Sunday until late afternoon when we have to head back to the airport. We do have transportation for our group (vans), so that isn't an issue. We will be touring the campus and also going to the Football Hall of Fame already. What else is nearby that we can go/see/do that will give us some of the flavor of the area? Is there anything in "Amish country" that is open on Sundays? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! PS- most of the group do not drink, so wineries and such aren't the best option
Weekend trip in Oct to Notre Dame - what to do when NOT at the game?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 2 Universal Orlando
- 3 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 4 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 5 Florida or caribbean
- 6 Get astonishing and Wrinkle Free Skin
- 7 Sunday jazz brunch & weekday afternoon tea recs?
- 8 Cross Country RV Trip
- 9 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 10 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 11 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 12 California
- 13 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 14 Deep South sept 2015
- 15 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 16 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 17 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 18 New England September
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 21 Active Vacation
- 22 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 23 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 24 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 25 Weekend road trip from Omaha