We are taking a group (22 people) (from Utah) to South Bend to a football game at Notre Dame in mid-October. We will be flying into South Bend mid-day on Friday, and then back out on Sunday evening. We are looking for suggestions for somewhere good (YUMMY, local - NOT a chain!, good for a group, unique...up to around $25/plate) to go for dinner on Friday night, and also for suggestions for things to do in the area on Sunday until late afternoon when we have to head back to the airport. We do have transportation for our group (vans), so that isn't an issue. We will be touring the campus and also going to the Football Hall of Fame already. What else is nearby that we can go/see/do that will give us some of the flavor of the area? Is there anything in "Amish country" that is open on Sundays? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! PS- most of the group do not drink, so wineries and such aren't the best option
Weekend trip in Oct to Notre Dame - what to do when NOT at the game?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 2 USA trip
- 3 How to dress in Vegas
- 4 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 5 Chicago Questions
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Air Connections on Maui
- 8 camaro hire in waikiki
- 9 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 10 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 11 Timeshare Nightmares
- 12 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Breckenridge in October
- 15 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 16 Orlando for Work
- 17 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 18 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 19 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 20 NBA tickets??
- 21 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 22 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 23 charlotte
- 24 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 25 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please