We are taking a group (22 people) (from Utah) to South Bend to a football game at Notre Dame in mid-October. We will be flying into South Bend mid-day on Friday, and then back out on Sunday evening. We are looking for suggestions for somewhere good (YUMMY, local - NOT a chain!, good for a group, unique...up to around $25/plate) to go for dinner on Friday night, and also for suggestions for things to do in the area on Sunday until late afternoon when we have to head back to the airport. We do have transportation for our group (vans), so that isn't an issue. We will be touring the campus and also going to the Football Hall of Fame already. What else is nearby that we can go/see/do that will give us some of the flavor of the area? Is there anything in "Amish country" that is open on Sundays? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! PS- most of the group do not drink, so wineries and such aren't the best option
Weekend trip in Oct to Notre Dame - what to do when NOT at the game?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 SFO black friday traffic
- 3 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 4 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 5 California & French Polynesia
- 6 General Utah planning questions
- 7 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 8 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 9 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 10 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 11 Dining in Manhattan
- 12 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 13 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 14 American Honeymoon in March
- 15 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 16 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 17 How to dress in Vegas
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 20 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 21 St Patrick's renovations
- 22 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 23 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 24 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 25 From Seattle airport to the city