We are taking a group (22 people) (from Utah) to South Bend to a football game at Notre Dame in mid-October. We will be flying into South Bend mid-day on Friday, and then back out on Sunday evening. We are looking for suggestions for somewhere good (YUMMY, local - NOT a chain!, good for a group, unique...up to around $25/plate) to go for dinner on Friday night, and also for suggestions for things to do in the area on Sunday until late afternoon when we have to head back to the airport. We do have transportation for our group (vans), so that isn't an issue. We will be touring the campus and also going to the Football Hall of Fame already. What else is nearby that we can go/see/do that will give us some of the flavor of the area? Is there anything in "Amish country" that is open on Sundays? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! PS- most of the group do not drink, so wineries and such aren't the best option
Weekend trip in Oct to Notre Dame - what to do when NOT at the game?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 2 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 3 San Diego with Kids
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 6 Transportation help in Philly
- 7 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 8 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 9 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 10 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 11 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 12 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 13 Temecula< CA
- 14 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 15 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 16 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 17 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 18 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 21 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 22 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 23 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 24 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 25 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report