We are taking a group (22 people) (from Utah) to South Bend to a football game at Notre Dame in mid-October. We will be flying into South Bend mid-day on Friday, and then back out on Sunday evening. We are looking for suggestions for somewhere good (YUMMY, local - NOT a chain!, good for a group, unique...up to around $25/plate) to go for dinner on Friday night, and also for suggestions for things to do in the area on Sunday until late afternoon when we have to head back to the airport. We do have transportation for our group (vans), so that isn't an issue. We will be touring the campus and also going to the Football Hall of Fame already. What else is nearby that we can go/see/do that will give us some of the flavor of the area? Is there anything in "Amish country" that is open on Sundays? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! PS- most of the group do not drink, so wineries and such aren't the best option
Weekend trip in Oct to Notre Dame - what to do when NOT at the game?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 2 New Orleans Weekend
- 3 Moving to New Jersey
- 4 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 5 suggestions for mobile auto repair glass company in utah
- 6 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 7 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 8 West Coast Road Trip
- 9 Car Needed in Austin?
- 10 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 11 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 12 5 star Hotels in Virginia
- 13 Sights and Restaurants in Brooklyn
- 14 I will be in Wash DC in October.
- 15 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 16 East Coast Road Trip
- 17 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 18 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 19 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 20 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 21 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 22 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 24 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 25 Maui itinerary