I'm a travel crazy English girl who married a lovely American chap and moved to his hometown in Central Florida three years ago. My husband tends to view travel as something you do on a large scale with your annual two weeks of vacation. Being from Europe, I'm used to taking lots of smaller weekend trips throughout the year to satiate that feeling of wanderlust. I'm desperate to see more of the USA and have been trying to convince my husband to take a few weekend road trips. We've went to Savannah and Charleston on two such trips last year, both of which I fell head over heels in love with and he really enjoyed once we got going.
Can you recommend any other fabulous destinations within reasonable driving distance of Central FL that I can tempt him with?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 2 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 3 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 4 Trinity Site, NM
- 5 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 6 Hotel in Reno
- 7 North Carolina airports
- 8 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 9 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Santa Fe Itineray
- 12 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 13 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 14 Boston to Naples florida
- 15 Retiring to Tucson
- 16 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 17 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 18 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 19 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 20 best health clubs with lap pools
- 21 10 days vacation in California
- 22 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 23 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 24 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 25 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?