I'm a travel crazy English girl who married a lovely American chap and moved to his hometown in Central Florida three years ago. My husband tends to view travel as something you do on a large scale with your annual two weeks of vacation. Being from Europe, I'm used to taking lots of smaller weekend trips throughout the year to satiate that feeling of wanderlust. I'm desperate to see more of the USA and have been trying to convince my husband to take a few weekend road trips. We've went to Savannah and Charleston on two such trips last year, both of which I fell head over heels in love with and he really enjoyed once we got going.
Can you recommend any other fabulous destinations within reasonable driving distance of Central FL that I can tempt him with?
Weekend Road Trips from Florida
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City and New England
- 2 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 3 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 4 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 7 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 8 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 16 Best Destination in USA
- 17 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 18 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 19 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 20 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 x mas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 25 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice