I'm a travel crazy English girl who married a lovely American chap and moved to his hometown in Central Florida three years ago. My husband tends to view travel as something you do on a large scale with your annual two weeks of vacation. Being from Europe, I'm used to taking lots of smaller weekend trips throughout the year to satiate that feeling of wanderlust. I'm desperate to see more of the USA and have been trying to convince my husband to take a few weekend road trips. We've went to Savannah and Charleston on two such trips last year, both of which I fell head over heels in love with and he really enjoyed once we got going.
Can you recommend any other fabulous destinations within reasonable driving distance of Central FL that I can tempt him with?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YellowStone or Grand Canyon in August?
- 2 Roadtrip to Yosemite etc
- 3 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 4 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 5 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 6 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 7 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 8 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 9 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 10 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 11 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 12 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 13 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 14 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 15 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 16 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 17 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 18 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 19 limited mobility for Savannah
- 20 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 21 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 22 Northwest Passage
- 23 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 24 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 25 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)