I'm a travel crazy English girl who married a lovely American chap and moved to his hometown in Central Florida three years ago. My husband tends to view travel as something you do on a large scale with your annual two weeks of vacation. Being from Europe, I'm used to taking lots of smaller weekend trips throughout the year to satiate that feeling of wanderlust. I'm desperate to see more of the USA and have been trying to convince my husband to take a few weekend road trips. We've went to Savannah and Charleston on two such trips last year, both of which I fell head over heels in love with and he really enjoyed once we got going.
Can you recommend any other fabulous destinations within reasonable driving distance of Central FL that I can tempt him with?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 2 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 3 Staying outside DC
- 4 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 5 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 6 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 7 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 8 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 9 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 10 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 11 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 12 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 13 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 14 Ideas for New York
- 15 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 16 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 17 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 18 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 19 Road trip
- 20 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 21 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 22 Getting married to a French man
- 23 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 24 Florida beach recommendation, please
- 25 Maine-Portland/Bar Harbor/Moosehead Lake