I'm planning a weekend getaway for my parents (they're 50 and 60 years old), and I need some ideas. They'd ideally like somewhere near a LAKE for swimming, that is low-key and relaxing. Preferably it would be within 2-3 hours drive from NYC/Northern NJ. I'm open to possibilities. It doesn't have to be fancy, and the budget would be about $300 for accommodations for 2 nights. I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Weekend Lake Getaway near NJ/NY
View all United States activity »
- 1 Warm and don't Drive
- 2 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 3 Savanah Sojourn
- 4 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 5 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 8 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 9 Madison Square Garden
- 10 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 11 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 12 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 13 St. Augustine, Florida
- 14 hotel near Met NYC
- 15 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 16 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 17 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 18 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 21 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 22 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 23 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 24 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown