Need (badly) to "get out of town," and out of state for that matter, for a weekend during early December and I need help. Ideally, I'd like a spa retreat, but that is way out of the budget. So, I'm looking for a nice, romantic place where we can maybe snuggle up in front of a fire after we get back from our short walk into town. Any suggestion? Oh, I guess my starting point would help. We're in CT and want to cross the border, but don't want to go as far as VT, NH or ME. And we'd like to avoid the Jersey turnpike, so I'm thinking any of the surrounding states (RI, MA, NY, PA). We currently have Newport, RI and Rockport, MA on our short list, but we'd really like someplace new. We love the shore, but it is not a deal-breaker at this time of year. I know it's short notice, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Weekend getaway in the Northeast in early December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Richmond highlights?
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 New York Food Tours
- 4 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 5 Must Eats
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 8 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 9 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 12 Florida St George's Island
- 13 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 14 Union Square area restaurant
- 15 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 16 4 week family trip ideas
- 17 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 18 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 21 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 22 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 23 Washington DC in Spring?
- 24 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 25 Arches National Park in a day