Need (badly) to "get out of town," and out of state for that matter, for a weekend during early December and I need help. Ideally, I'd like a spa retreat, but that is way out of the budget. So, I'm looking for a nice, romantic place where we can maybe snuggle up in front of a fire after we get back from our short walk into town. Any suggestion? Oh, I guess my starting point would help. We're in CT and want to cross the border, but don't want to go as far as VT, NH or ME. And we'd like to avoid the Jersey turnpike, so I'm thinking any of the surrounding states (RI, MA, NY, PA). We currently have Newport, RI and Rockport, MA on our short list, but we'd really like someplace new. We love the shore, but it is not a deal-breaker at this time of year. I know it's short notice, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Weekend getaway in the Northeast in early December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One Night at Logan Airport
- 2 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 3 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 4 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 5 Four days in DC
- 6 Please help with itinerary
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 9 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 10 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 11 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 12 Backpacking in April
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Circle Oahu / luau
- 15 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 16 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 17 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 18 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 19 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 20 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 replica designer handbags
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Cape Cod in early April