Need (badly) to "get out of town," and out of state for that matter, for a weekend during early December and I need help. Ideally, I'd like a spa retreat, but that is way out of the budget. So, I'm looking for a nice, romantic place where we can maybe snuggle up in front of a fire after we get back from our short walk into town. Any suggestion? Oh, I guess my starting point would help. We're in CT and want to cross the border, but don't want to go as far as VT, NH or ME. And we'd like to avoid the Jersey turnpike, so I'm thinking any of the surrounding states (RI, MA, NY, PA). We currently have Newport, RI and Rockport, MA on our short list, but we'd really like someplace new. We love the shore, but it is not a deal-breaker at this time of year. I know it's short notice, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Weekend getaway in the Northeast in early December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 5 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 8 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 9 Travel West Coast
- 10 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 11 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Wine Country Picnic
- 14 Washington DC Metro
- 15 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 16 Road trip through the south
- 17 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 18 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 19 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 20 Myrtle Beach
- 21 Colorado in the summer!
- 22 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 23 Getting around Las Vegas
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 Where to go in Maine?