Need (badly) to "get out of town," and out of state for that matter, for a weekend during early December and I need help. Ideally, I'd like a spa retreat, but that is way out of the budget. So, I'm looking for a nice, romantic place where we can maybe snuggle up in front of a fire after we get back from our short walk into town. Any suggestion? Oh, I guess my starting point would help. We're in CT and want to cross the border, but don't want to go as far as VT, NH or ME. And we'd like to avoid the Jersey turnpike, so I'm thinking any of the surrounding states (RI, MA, NY, PA). We currently have Newport, RI and Rockport, MA on our short list, but we'd really like someplace new. We love the shore, but it is not a deal-breaker at this time of year. I know it's short notice, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Weekend getaway in the Northeast in early December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle