Need (badly) to "get out of town," and out of state for that matter, for a weekend during early December and I need help. Ideally, I'd like a spa retreat, but that is way out of the budget. So, I'm looking for a nice, romantic place where we can maybe snuggle up in front of a fire after we get back from our short walk into town. Any suggestion? Oh, I guess my starting point would help. We're in CT and want to cross the border, but don't want to go as far as VT, NH or ME. And we'd like to avoid the Jersey turnpike, so I'm thinking any of the surrounding states (RI, MA, NY, PA). We currently have Newport, RI and Rockport, MA on our short list, but we'd really like someplace new. We love the shore, but it is not a deal-breaker at this time of year. I know it's short notice, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Weekend getaway in the Northeast in early December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 2 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 3 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 4 Christmas in TX
- 5 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 6 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 7 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 8 Tucson area flooding
- 9 Long Island Advice
- 10 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 11 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 12 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 13 Colorado aspen updates
- 14 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 15 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 16 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 17 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 18 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 19 Boston suggestions
- 20 California
- 21 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 22 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 23 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 24 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 25 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!