Need (badly) to "get out of town," and out of state for that matter, for a weekend during early December and I need help. Ideally, I'd like a spa retreat, but that is way out of the budget. So, I'm looking for a nice, romantic place where we can maybe snuggle up in front of a fire after we get back from our short walk into town. Any suggestion? Oh, I guess my starting point would help. We're in CT and want to cross the border, but don't want to go as far as VT, NH or ME. And we'd like to avoid the Jersey turnpike, so I'm thinking any of the surrounding states (RI, MA, NY, PA). We currently have Newport, RI and Rockport, MA on our short list, but we'd really like someplace new. We love the shore, but it is not a deal-breaker at this time of year. I know it's short notice, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Weekend getaway in the Northeast in early December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy Counterfeit Money(dollar,euro,pound)firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 3 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 4 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 5 Dinner in Miami
- 6 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 7 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 8 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 9 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 10 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 11 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 12 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 13 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 14 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 15 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 16 Tipping advice
- 17 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 18 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 19 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 20 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 21 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 22 Christmas weather?
- 23 Big island itinerary
- 24 New York City and New England
- 25 San Diego Girl's Trip in December