My wife & I are planning a week long trip to Maine in October. We are looking for suggestions on where we should visit. We will fly into Portland and rent a car. Probable travel dates are Oct. 4 thru 12, but we are flexible. We are mid-50's and enjoy sight-seeing, walking, eating, shopping (a little). We usually like to stay in bed & breakfasts when we travel. I would probably plan to spend a couple of nights in each location, so we could stay in 3 or 4 different places over the course of our trip. We've never been to Maine, so we would appreciate any travel advice.
Week in October in Maine
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Yosemite in Winter
- 4 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 5 Quick SoCal question
- 6 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 7 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 8 Tampa in February
- 9 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 10 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 11 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 12 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 13 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 14 New England September
- 15 NYC taxi vs car service
- 16 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 17 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 18 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 19 Austin Food Trucks
- 20 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 21 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 22 searching for urban master planned community
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Condos near Disney World
- 25 family celebration trip