My wife & I are planning a week long trip to Maine in October. We are looking for suggestions on where we should visit. We will fly into Portland and rent a car. Probable travel dates are Oct. 4 thru 12, but we are flexible. We are mid-50's and enjoy sight-seeing, walking, eating, shopping (a little). We usually like to stay in bed & breakfasts when we travel. I would probably plan to spend a couple of nights in each location, so we could stay in 3 or 4 different places over the course of our trip. We've never been to Maine, so we would appreciate any travel advice.
Week in October in Maine
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 3 California road trip
- 4 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 5 Seattle Hyatts
- 6 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 7 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 8 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 9 San Diego - wher to stay
- 10 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 11 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 12 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 13 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 14 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 15 Berkshires in late October
- 16 2 day in Adirondack park
- 17 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 18 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 19 NYC Clubs for live music
- 20 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 21 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 22 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 23 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 Vail or Aspen in summertime?