My wife & I are planning a week long trip to Maine in October. We are looking for suggestions on where we should visit. We will fly into Portland and rent a car. Probable travel dates are Oct. 4 thru 12, but we are flexible. We are mid-50's and enjoy sight-seeing, walking, eating, shopping (a little). We usually like to stay in bed & breakfasts when we travel. I would probably plan to spend a couple of nights in each location, so we could stay in 3 or 4 different places over the course of our trip. We've never been to Maine, so we would appreciate any travel advice.
Week in October in Maine
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 2 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 3 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 4 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 5 Advice on Roadtrip
- 6 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 7 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 8 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 9 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 10 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 11 Zion the narrows
- 12 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 13 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 14 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 15 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 16 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 17 Los Angeles day trips
- 18 Hawaiian Islands
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 20 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 21 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 22 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 23 Cabin in Asheville area
- 24 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 25 Seattle Transportation??