I'm in the process of researching a week-long trip in March and one idea that has come up is a week on the coast in Maine. I did some searches online and found websites that completely contradict one another about the general weather during the month ("March is a lovely time to visit Maine" or "March is generally rainy and muddy"). So Fodorites - what's the scoop? If I'm looking to rent a cottage/house by the shore, read, relax, eat a lot of seafood and maybe do some boating & hiking, is March okay? Would I be better served by waiting until April? (FYI - I've spent a week in Kennebunkport at the end of May and while I was eaten alive by black flies, the weather itself was grand.)
Weather in Maine in March?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 St Patrick's renovations
- 2 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 3 The reason for choosing Anti Aging serum Is Ok Or Not?
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 6 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 7 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 8 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Dining in Manhattan
- 11 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 12 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 13 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 14 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 15 From Seattle airport to the city
- 16 General Utah planning questions
- 17 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 18 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 19 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 20 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 21 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 22 New York City Christmas Trip
- 23 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 24 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 25 Colorado Skiing