I'm in the process of researching a week-long trip in March and one idea that has come up is a week on the coast in Maine. I did some searches online and found websites that completely contradict one another about the general weather during the month ("March is a lovely time to visit Maine" or "March is generally rainy and muddy"). So Fodorites - what's the scoop? If I'm looking to rent a cottage/house by the shore, read, relax, eat a lot of seafood and maybe do some boating & hiking, is March okay? Would I be better served by waiting until April? (FYI - I've spent a week in Kennebunkport at the end of May and while I was eaten alive by black flies, the weather itself was grand.)
Weather in Maine in March?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 3 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 6 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 7 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 12 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 13 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 14 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 15 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 16 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 17 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Denver in a half day
- 25 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando