I'm in the process of researching a week-long trip in March and one idea that has come up is a week on the coast in Maine. I did some searches online and found websites that completely contradict one another about the general weather during the month ("March is a lovely time to visit Maine" or "March is generally rainy and muddy"). So Fodorites - what's the scoop? If I'm looking to rent a cottage/house by the shore, read, relax, eat a lot of seafood and maybe do some boating & hiking, is March okay? Would I be better served by waiting until April? (FYI - I've spent a week in Kennebunkport at the end of May and while I was eaten alive by black flies, the weather itself was grand.)
Weather in Maine in March?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco - mid October
- 2 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 3 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 4 best area to stay in san diego
- 5 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 8 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 9 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 10 Denver 1 day in denver
- 11 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 12 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 13 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 14 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 15 Burlington VT day trip
- 16 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 17 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 18 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 19 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 20 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 21 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 22 Vegas hotels for families
- 23 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 24 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 25 Westin Portland Harborview or Residence Inn ... another downtown hotel?