My husband won a sweepstakes trip to Hawaii, 3 days at the Trump Waikiki, including some very nice amenities for 3 days. Of course, no one from the east coast goes to Hawaii for a "long weekend", so we have turned our good fortune into a 15 day vacation. From O'ahu we plan to go to the Big Island and stay two nights in the Kilauea Military Camp. We have stayed here before and love it. Then onto the Kona side. Our two college age sons will be coming with us. We are thinking of the new Marriott Courtyard that was the King Kamehemeha Beach resort because of the proximity to Kailua-Kona for 3 days. We have stayed at the Hilton before and I am sort of in the "been there, done that" mode. From there we will go to Maui for 8 days. Any thoughts for the Kona side of the Big Island. We are really looking to see the sights again, enjoy the town areas, take the tour to Mauna Kea, etc. We will enjoy beach time at the Hyatt on Ka'anapali Beach. Any suggestions are more than welcomed.
We REALLY did win a trip to Hawaii!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 2 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 3 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 4 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 5 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 6 Maui vacation
- 7 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 10 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 11 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 12 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 13 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 16 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 17 WISCONSIN
- 18 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 19 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 20 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 21 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 22 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 23 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 24 New York City Restaurants
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown