My husband won a sweepstakes trip to Hawaii, 3 days at the Trump Waikiki, including some very nice amenities for 3 days. Of course, no one from the east coast goes to Hawaii for a "long weekend", so we have turned our good fortune into a 15 day vacation. From O'ahu we plan to go to the Big Island and stay two nights in the Kilauea Military Camp. We have stayed here before and love it. Then onto the Kona side. Our two college age sons will be coming with us. We are thinking of the new Marriott Courtyard that was the King Kamehemeha Beach resort because of the proximity to Kailua-Kona for 3 days. We have stayed at the Hilton before and I am sort of in the "been there, done that" mode. From there we will go to Maui for 8 days. Any thoughts for the Kona side of the Big Island. We are really looking to see the sights again, enjoy the town areas, take the tour to Mauna Kea, etc. We will enjoy beach time at the Hyatt on Ka'anapali Beach. Any suggestions are more than welcomed.
We REALLY did win a trip to Hawaii!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Coast-California
- 2 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 3 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 4 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 5 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 6 Self guided White House tour
- 7 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 8 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 9 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 10 Moving to CT
- 11 Hotels Philly
- 12 Northwest USA
- 13 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 14 Ackislander
- 15 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 16 san diego or nearby area
- 17 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 18 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 LA for a day and a half
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 24 Texas
- 25 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal