My husband won a sweepstakes trip to Hawaii, 3 days at the Trump Waikiki, including some very nice amenities for 3 days. Of course, no one from the east coast goes to Hawaii for a "long weekend", so we have turned our good fortune into a 15 day vacation. From O'ahu we plan to go to the Big Island and stay two nights in the Kilauea Military Camp. We have stayed here before and love it. Then onto the Kona side. Our two college age sons will be coming with us. We are thinking of the new Marriott Courtyard that was the King Kamehemeha Beach resort because of the proximity to Kailua-Kona for 3 days. We have stayed at the Hilton before and I am sort of in the "been there, done that" mode. From there we will go to Maui for 8 days. Any thoughts for the Kona side of the Big Island. We are really looking to see the sights again, enjoy the town areas, take the tour to Mauna Kea, etc. We will enjoy beach time at the Hyatt on Ka'anapali Beach. Any suggestions are more than welcomed.
We REALLY did win a trip to Hawaii!
View all United States activity »
- 1 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 2 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 3 Question about Boulder area
- 4 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 5 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 8 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 9 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 10 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 11 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 12 Vero Beach FL
- 13 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 14 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 15 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 21 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 22 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?