Hi, we are a family of 2 adults and a 6 year old from the UK, planning to fly in and out of Washington International airport for a 2 week trip at the end of August. We are also combining our trip with visiting our friends who live near Raleigh, NC. Our initial idea was to drive down through Shenandoah NP, maybe as far as Smoky Mountains (not sure if this distance is achievable, or whether we need to bother going as far as the Smokys?) for 3/4 days, then onto our friends in Raleigh for a few days and finish off with a few days in the Outer Banks before heading back up to Washington and home. We are not huge fans of cities and prefer to enjoy the natural scenery instead. Any ideas, suggestions, advice, routes etc would be very gratefully received!
Washington, Smoky Mountains & Outer Banks
- 1 I HATE COLD SORES!!
- 2 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 3 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 4 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 5 Baseball Road Trip
- 6 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 7 D.C. in a day
- 8 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 9 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 10 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 11 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 12 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 13 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 14 Using public transit in San Diego
- 15 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 16 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 17 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 18 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 19 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 20 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 21 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 22 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 23 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 24 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 25 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando