Hi, we are a family of 2 adults and a 6 year old from the UK, planning to fly in and out of Washington International airport for a 2 week trip at the end of August. We are also combining our trip with visiting our friends who live near Raleigh, NC. Our initial idea was to drive down through Shenandoah NP, maybe as far as Smoky Mountains (not sure if this distance is achievable, or whether we need to bother going as far as the Smokys?) for 3/4 days, then onto our friends in Raleigh for a few days and finish off with a few days in the Outer Banks before heading back up to Washington and home. We are not huge fans of cities and prefer to enjoy the natural scenery instead. Any ideas, suggestions, advice, routes etc would be very gratefully received!
Washington, Smoky Mountains & Outer Banks
View all United States activity »
- 1 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 2 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 3 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 4 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 5 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Biloxi questions again
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 10 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 11 Madison Square Garden
- 12 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 13 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 14 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 15 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 16 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 19 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 20 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 21 Warm and don't Drive
- 22 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 23 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 24 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 25 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans