I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Washington / Oregon in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 2 advice on rental cars-Cody, WY to drop off in Rapid City, SD?
- 3 Seattle to California (Northern) by car
- 4 Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies
- 5 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 6 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 7 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 New York City-New Things?
- 10 Camping Generator!?
- 11 Minneapolis Parking
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning
- 13 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 14 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 15 4/30/2015 Driving Vegas to Newport Rhode Island - southern route
- 16 DC - WW2 flyover
- 17 How Do We Get from JFK to Stamford, CT?
- 18 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 19 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 20 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 21 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 22 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 23 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 24 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 25 Best restaurants in Seattle