I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 2 car rentals in San Diego
- 3 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 4 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 5 http://justforfatlosssolutions.com/diabetes-60-system/
- 6 California RV baby and child seats
- 7 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Touring Hearst Castle
- 10 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 11 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 12 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 13 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 14 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 15 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 16 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 17 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 18 Angels Landing
- 19 First time visit to California
- 20 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 21 NY State Assembly Internship
- 22 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 23 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 24 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 25 How can the weather report be so wrong?