I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 2 Retiring to Tucson
- 3 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 4 Hotel in Reno
- 5 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 6 Trinity Site, NM
- 7 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 8 Boston to Naples florida
- 9 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 10 North Carolina airports
- 11 best health clubs with lap pools
- 12 10 days vacation in California
- 13 Santa Fe Itineray
- 14 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 15 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 16 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 17 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 18 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 19 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 20 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 21 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 22 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 23 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 24 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 25 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"