I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
- 2 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 3 http://healthpartreport.com/slimfy/
- 4 Senior Travel Helper
- 5 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 6 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 7 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 8 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 9 Cab from Newark to West Windsor NJ.
- 10 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 11 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 12 your favorite city USA?
- 13 Pacific coast road trip
- 14 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 15 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 16 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 17 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 18 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 19 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 20 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 21 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 22 Austin with Kids
- 23 Two days out of Seattle
- 24 New Orleans and Slidell
- 25 Help with driving East to West