I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 2 http://www.supplements4news.com/slim-lt-garcinia/
- 3 http://www.healthytalkzone.com/max-testo-xl/
- 4 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 5 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 6 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 7 Hawaii Help
- 8 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 9 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 10 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 11 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 12 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 13 Florida keys trip
- 14 HAWAII; HELP!
- 15 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 16 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 17 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 18 Coffee in Boston?
- 19 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 20 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
- 21 Change planes in Atlanta
- 22 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 23 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 24 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 25 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907