I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 2 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 3 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 4 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 5 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 6 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 7 Santa Fe Itineray
- 8 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 9 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 10 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 11 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 12 Trinity Site, NM
- 13 Hotel in Reno
- 14 North Carolina airports
- 15 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 16 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 17 Boston to Naples florida
- 18 Retiring to Tucson
- 19 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 20 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 21 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 22 best health clubs with lap pools
- 23 10 days vacation in California
- 24 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 25 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine