I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Washington / Oregon in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 2 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 3 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 6 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 7 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 8 Hotel near Miami airport
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 culpepper
- 14 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 15 Chicago trip
- 16 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 17 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 18 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 19 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 24 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 25 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley