I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Washington / Oregon in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 5 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 6 Travel West Coast
- 7 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 8 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Wine Country Picnic
- 11 Washington DC Metro
- 12 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 13 Road trip through the south
- 14 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 15 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 16 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 17 Myrtle Beach
- 18 Colorado in the summer!
- 19 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 20 Getting around Las Vegas
- 21 Rafting near Denali
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 24 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 25 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving