I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7m3PuNqX3Q
- 2 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 3 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 4 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 5 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 6 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 7 Trip Starting from New York
- 8 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 9 A day in Boston
- 10 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 11 Newport , RI
- 12 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 13 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 14 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 15 Nilichik Ak.
- 16 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 17 Las vegas +21
- 18 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 19 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 20 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 21 Steamboat in August
- 22 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 23 Depot Bay OR
- 24 South beach Miami to Key west driving map
- 25 Tour guide in Bend, OR, for Lava Caves?