I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 Days in LV
- 2 louisiana bayou
- 3 October in Colorado
- 4 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 5 Biloxi Suggestions
- 6 Mobile Suggestions
- 7 Pensacola Suggestions
- 8 myrtle beach
- 9 7 days in Colorado
- 10 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 11 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 12 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 13 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 14 Nova Star
- 15 Trip To Anchorage, Alaska
- 16 Getting from Denver International Airport to the city and other places
- 17 Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel?
- 18 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 19 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 20 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 21 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 22 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 23 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 24 Hwy76 vs 70 to CO Springs
- 25 Visiting Cape Code, MA