I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Chicago
- 2 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 3 2 Day Family Trip to Grand Canyon - RV or Lodge?
- 4 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 5 Safety Concerns
- 6 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 7 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 8 Good Skin==>>> http://www.slimrootz.com/bella-dore/
- 9 Which benefits are comes after using Nucific BIO X4?
- 10 Get You Greater Muscles
- 11 Partial Knee Replacement Los Angeles
- 12 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 13 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 14 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 15 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 16 fort lauderdale
- 17 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 Redwood National Forest
- 20 What to do in San Diego
- 21 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 22 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 23 First Trip to Texas -
- 24 5 days in Colorado
- 25 Port Angelas -Vegas