I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Washington / Oregon in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 3 Zion the narrows
- 4 Advice on Roadtrip
- 5 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 6 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 7 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 8 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 9 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 10 Los Angeles day trips
- 11 Hawaiian Islands
- 12 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 13 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 14 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 15 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 16 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 17 Cabin in Asheville area
- 18 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 19 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 20 Seattle Transportation??
- 21 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 22 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 25 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics