I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 2 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 3 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 4 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 5 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 6 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 7 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 8 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 9 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 10 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 11 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 12 sugestions
- 13 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 14 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 15 Rules of the NY Subway
- 16 Big Sur Help!!
- 17 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 18 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 19 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 20 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 21 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 22 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 23 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 24 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 25 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn