I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 2 June trip to Colorado HELP
- 3 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 4 Colorado Itinerary
- 5 Rocky Mountain High...king
- 6 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 7 SW Colorado Itinerary
- 8 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 9 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 10 US Trip
- 11 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 12 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 13 Maui - luau question
- 14 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 15 Philly Itinerary Help
- 16 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 17 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 18 Bryce and Zion planning
- 19 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 20 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 21 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 22 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 23 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 24 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 25 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days