I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 2 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 3 Highway 1 motels
- 4 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 5 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 6 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 7 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 8 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 9 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 10 Car Hire Alamo
- 11 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 12 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 13 11 days SE coast road trip
- 14 International student, applying for school
- 15 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 16 Seattle - newby questions
- 17 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 18 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 19 Mackinac or Holland?
- 20 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 21 Best beach to try surfing around Monterey/Santa Cruz?
- 22 Photographers Need Maine Driving Itinerary from Fairfield County, CT
- 23 Places to stay in TX...?
- 24 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 25 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit