I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Washington / Oregon in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 2 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 3 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 4 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 5 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 6 united and carry-ons
- 7 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 10 Cape Cod in early April
- 11 USA with a 3 year old
- 12 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 13 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 16 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 17 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 18 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 19 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 22 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 23 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 24 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 25 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia