I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Washington / Oregon in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 2 Pavtube Back to School Coupons 2014: Giveaway + Biggest Coupons
- 3 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 4 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 5 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 6 Houston in September
- 7 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 8 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 9 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 10 late-night DC restaurant
- 11 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 12 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 13 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 14 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 15 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 16 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 17 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 18 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 19 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 20 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 21 Oahu ideas
- 22 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 23 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 24 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 25 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!