I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 2 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 3 Desert Southwest
- 4 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 5 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 6 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 7 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 8 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 9 Kids Vacation Place
- 10 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 11 Boston waterfront Italian
- 12 Mardi Gras
- 13 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 14 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 15 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 16 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 17 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 18 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 19 Napa valley getaway
- 20 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 21 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 22 Steamboat in August
- 23 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 24 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 25 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please