I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://probiomaxmexico.com/goji-life-mexico/
- 2 It is an intriguing organ, that has
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 5 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 6 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 7 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 8 Weather in Chicago
- 9 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 10 Help me with this
- 11 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 12 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 13 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 14 New Orleans
- 15 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 16 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 17 Oregon road trip
- 18 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 19 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 20 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 21 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 22 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 23 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 24 Dining in St. Louis
- 25 AR State Parks