I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Washington / Oregon in November
- 1 Small Sofas
- 2 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 3 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 4 Trying To Find a Place
- 5 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 6 romantic colorado trip
- 7 Fourth of July Weekend
- 8 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 9 Fires in Colorado
- 10 Marcola?
- 11 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 12 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 13 Updates from Hanalei
- 14 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 15 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 16 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 17 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 18 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 19 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 20 One day in NYC
- 21 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 22 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 23 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 24 Key West at Christmas time
- 25 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets