I'm new to Fodors and thought I'd get some advise on a trip I'm planning for early November.
my sister and I plan to go to Seattle for a Seahawks game and while we're in the PNW we'd like to visit Oregon and Vancouver, if possible. We plan to be over there for about a week. However, quick background, we're from Miami ... flat a land as you can get. As paranoid as it sounds, I'm a lil concerned about driving through mountainous areas, cliff roads, etc. I've read through other posts that the best way to get to Oregon from Seattle and vice versa is through I-5, however, we are very interested in visiting, at the very least, the Northern Oregon coast and Portland.
I guess my questions are, is the drive from Seattle to say, Astoria and Cannon Beach dangerous? Also, being November, is there cause for concern for icy roads?
What advise would you offer to someone who is not familiar with driving in icy road conditions, mountains / elevations?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Washington / Oregon in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado trip
- 2 The Quarter, Frog City, and elsewhere
- 3 Hotels near beach orange county
- 4 Daytona Beach and ??
- 5 Yellowstone Dining
- 6 DC - WW2 flyover
- 7 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 8 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 9 Savannah GA
- 10 Things to do around New York
- 11 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 12 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 13 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 14 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 15 Alaska- Best tours
- 16 Cape cod and Acadia
- 17 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 18 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 19 Grand Marais?
- 20 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 21 Coronado Ferry
- 22 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 23 First visit in New Mexico
- 24 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 25 Maine in latter half of September