We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 2 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 3 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 4 Driving from Missoula to Many Glacier Hotel
- 5 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 6 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 7 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 8 Napa Valley Weekend
- 9 2 weeks to see Grand Canyons, ending in Las Vegas, where to start?
- 10 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 11 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 12 We're missing one night's hotel accommodation in Glacier NP
- 13 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 14 Carlsbad Caverns
- 15 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 16 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 17 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 18 Fun activities in Lubbock with 7 year old?
- 19 Returned from Sedona
- 20 50th Anniversary Trip
- 21 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 22 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 23 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 24 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 25 NYC with wheelchair