We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Washington D.C. to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 2 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 3 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 4 Berkshires in late October
- 5 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 6 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 7 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 8 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 9 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 10 Seattle: Something Different?
- 11 California road trip
- 12 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 13 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 14 ONP help
- 15 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 18 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 19 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 20 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 21 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 22 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 23 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 24 Seattle Hyatts
- 25 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!