We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Washington D.C. to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 2 Zion the narrows
- 3 Advice on Roadtrip
- 4 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 5 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 6 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 7 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 8 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 9 Los Angeles day trips
- 10 Hawaiian Islands
- 11 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 12 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 13 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 14 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 15 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 16 Cabin in Asheville area
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 19 Seattle Transportation??
- 20 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 21 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 22 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 23 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 24 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 25 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston