We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 2 Hawaii Help
- 3 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 4 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 5 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 6 Yellowstone in early May
- 7 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 8 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 9 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 10 Wine Country
- 11 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 12 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 13 Renting a car with DWAI
- 14 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 15 San Francisco first visit.
- 16 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 17 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 18 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 19 Park City- handicapped
- 20 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 21 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 22 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 23 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 24 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 25 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui