We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 2 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 3 Dallas airport to bush library
- 4 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 5 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 6 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 7 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 8 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 9 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 10 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 11 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 12 wyoming, south dakota trip
- 13 Providence RI Waterfire
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 16 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 17 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 18 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 19 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 20 Orlando Baggage Storage
- 21 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 22 Arches or Zion?
- 23 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 24 Richmond Virginia And Poe
- 25 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City