We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Washington D.C. to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 2 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 3 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 4 Alaska Trip Planning
- 5 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 6 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 7 Kid School Admission
- 8 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 9 Mount Vernon?
- 10 Romantic destination in the US
- 11 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 12 New York City-New Things?
- 13 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 14 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 15 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 16 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 17 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 18 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 19 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 20 Looking for a grave in Plattekill, NY
- 21 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 22 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 23 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 24 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 25 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?