We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mendocino Hiking
- 2 Running kissimmee Florida
- 3 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 4 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 5 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 6 LOWER Antelope Canyon
- 7 Maine in late October
- 8 Monterey whale watching
- 9 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 10 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 11 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 12 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 13 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 14 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 15 Mackinac or Holland?
- 16 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 17 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 18 Memphis to Dallas
- 19 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 20 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 21 The New Whitney
- 22 1.5 days in Chicago
- 23 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 24 Highway 1 motels
- 25 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park