We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel Monterey
- 2 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 3 Big Sure in June
- 4 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 5 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 6 How many states have you been to?
- 7 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 8 Santa Fe Itineray
- 9 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 10 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 11 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 12 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 13 Roadtrip July 2017
- 14 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 16 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 17 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 18 Retiring to Tucson
- 19 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 20 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 21 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 22 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 23 Arches Devils Garden
- 24 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 25 RV camping near Yosemite NP