We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Washington D.C. to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 2 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 3 What's new on Maui?
- 4 Oregon Road Trip
- 5 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 6 Colorado aspen updates
- 7 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 8 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 9 Hwy 12 Bryce Canyon to Arches/ Moab in 1 Day w/ Kids help?
- 10 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 11 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 12 Christmas in TX
- 13 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 14 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 15 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 16 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 17 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 18 Tucson area flooding
- 19 Refining my California Itinerary
- 20 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 21 Getaway
- 22 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 23 Moving to New Jersey
- 24 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 25 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route