We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Washington D.C. to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 2 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 3 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 4 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 5 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 6 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 7 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 8 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 9 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 10 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 Santa Barbara, California
- 13 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 14 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 15 Hotel near Miami airport
- 16 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 17 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 18 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 19 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 20 Road Trip SW
- 21 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 22 Philly
- 23 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 24 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around