We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 2 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 3 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 4 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 5 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 6 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 7 flagstaff
- 8 San Fransisco to Seattle Drive
- 9 US Trip
- 10 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 11 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 12 Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida
- 13 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 14 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 15 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 16 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 17 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 18 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 19 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 20 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 21 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 22 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 23 Austin, Hotel
- 24 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 25 Bryce and Zion planning