We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Washington D.C. to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 7 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 10 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 11 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 12 Best places to move to Florida?
- 13 West Coast Bound End of March
- 14 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 15 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 16 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 17 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 18 Key Largo, FL
- 19 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 20 Death Valley in June
- 21 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 22 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 23 San Diego grocery stores
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!