We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 2 Hotels in San Diego
- 3 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 4 Steamboat in August
- 5 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 6 Cape cod Labor Day
- 7 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 8 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 9 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 10 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 11 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 12 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 13 US Open Tennis
- 14 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 15 Hawaii with limited time
- 16 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 17 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 18 Grand Teton Questions
- 19 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 20 Your favourite places in New York City
- 21 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 22 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 23 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 24 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 25 One night one day in dallas accommodation