We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 2 Yellowstone June 2014
- 3 Lake George
- 4 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 5 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 6 Nevada,utah, arizona trip report part one
- 7 Driving from West Glacier to Waterton
- 8 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 9 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 10 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 11 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 12 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 13 utah, part 2
- 14 3 day cruise from Boston
- 15 Utah, arizona part three
- 16 2 months in Hawaii!
- 17 Yosemite Visit
- 18 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 19 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 20 Seattle Hotels
- 21 Martha's Vineyard with the in-laws
- 22 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 23 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 24 Buying alcohol in New York & I.D.
- 25 Rose Parade Novice