We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 2 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 3 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 4 car rentals in San Diego
- 5 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 6 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 7 Angels Landing
- 8 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 9 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 10 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 11 First time visit to California
- 12 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 13 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 14 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 15 NY State Assembly Internship
- 16 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 17 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 18 Touring Hearst Castle
- 19 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 20 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 21 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 22 San Francisco
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 25 Seattle/Vancouver in July