We are planning a road trip with our teenage sons to see Mt Rushmore this summer. Would welcome any input on stops, sights and activities to do on our way there and back. We are planning on trying to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. We are planning on bringing our camping gear along so camping will be an options as well as hotels/motels. We are planning on going at the end of July/beginning of August. The trip will be around a week-long more or less depending what it is to do/see.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 2 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 3 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 4 New Mexico in May
- 5 Redwoods National Park
- 6 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 7 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 8 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 9 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 10 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 11 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 13 Traveling Alone
- 14 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 15 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 16 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 17 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 18 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 19 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 20 Arizona in late January
- 21 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 22 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 23 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 24 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 25 Las Vegas Vacation