I will be in Washington DC from December 27 - 31 (flying in/out of IAD). I've been working on the sights I'd like to see (assuming everything is open by then), but now I need to book a hotel. I'm having a little trouble figuring out desirable area(s) in terms of convenience in getting around and nearby Metro stations.
Any thoughts on Grand Hyatt Washington (1000 H Street NW)? They say there is a Metro station convenient to their lobby, but I don't see one on Google maps. Google maps show "M" icons, which I assume is for Metro stations, but then they also show blue bus icons of which there seem to be many more. Am I simply wrong in assuming that we will use the Metro (M) to get around? Or will we actually be taking buses? I printed out the DC Transit Guide map. I'm not sure if this correspond to the M icons or bus icons on Google maps. Any other areas/hotels I should consider? We would like to stay in the range of around $100/night or less. Is there a Hilton hotel that could be recommended in this price range? It would be great if we could add onto our Hilton points, but that's not our priority.
If it helps in determining a good area to recommend, the sights we'd like to see include: Supreme Court, US Capitol, Smithsonian Institute (don't know which museum to visit yet), Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, all the war memorials, White House, Pentagon, Arlington Cemetery, Tomb of the Unknowns, JFK Eternal Flame, Kennedy Center, Exorcist stairs, Georgetown.
Thank you for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 2 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 3 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 4 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 5 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 6 OHare car service north suburbs
- 7 Yellowstone
- 8 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 9 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 10 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 11 Ah, The California Wine Country!
- 12 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 13 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 14 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
- 15 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 16 Page, AZ area
- 17 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 18 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 19 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 20 Traveling Alone
- 21 Northern California Redwoods
- 22 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 23 Redwoods National Park
- 24 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 25 Polynesian Cultural Centre