I will be in Washington DC from December 27 - 31 (flying in/out of IAD). I've been working on the sights I'd like to see (assuming everything is open by then), but now I need to book a hotel. I'm having a little trouble figuring out desirable area(s) in terms of convenience in getting around and nearby Metro stations.
Any thoughts on Grand Hyatt Washington (1000 H Street NW)? They say there is a Metro station convenient to their lobby, but I don't see one on Google maps. Google maps show "M" icons, which I assume is for Metro stations, but then they also show blue bus icons of which there seem to be many more. Am I simply wrong in assuming that we will use the Metro (M) to get around? Or will we actually be taking buses? I printed out the DC Transit Guide map. I'm not sure if this correspond to the M icons or bus icons on Google maps. Any other areas/hotels I should consider? We would like to stay in the range of around $100/night or less. Is there a Hilton hotel that could be recommended in this price range? It would be great if we could add onto our Hilton points, but that's not our priority.
If it helps in determining a good area to recommend, the sights we'd like to see include: Supreme Court, US Capitol, Smithsonian Institute (don't know which museum to visit yet), Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, all the war memorials, White House, Pentagon, Arlington Cemetery, Tomb of the Unknowns, JFK Eternal Flame, Kennedy Center, Exorcist stairs, Georgetown.
Thank you for your help!!
Washington DC questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 2 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 3 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 Door County Suggestions
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 10 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 11 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 12 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 13 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 16 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 17 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.