I will be in Washington DC from December 27 - 31 (flying in/out of IAD). I've been working on the sights I'd like to see (assuming everything is open by then), but now I need to book a hotel. I'm having a little trouble figuring out desirable area(s) in terms of convenience in getting around and nearby Metro stations.
Any thoughts on Grand Hyatt Washington (1000 H Street NW)? They say there is a Metro station convenient to their lobby, but I don't see one on Google maps. Google maps show "M" icons, which I assume is for Metro stations, but then they also show blue bus icons of which there seem to be many more. Am I simply wrong in assuming that we will use the Metro (M) to get around? Or will we actually be taking buses? I printed out the DC Transit Guide map. I'm not sure if this correspond to the M icons or bus icons on Google maps. Any other areas/hotels I should consider? We would like to stay in the range of around $100/night or less. Is there a Hilton hotel that could be recommended in this price range? It would be great if we could add onto our Hilton points, but that's not our priority.
If it helps in determining a good area to recommend, the sights we'd like to see include: Supreme Court, US Capitol, Smithsonian Institute (don't know which museum to visit yet), Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, all the war memorials, White House, Pentagon, Arlington Cemetery, Tomb of the Unknowns, JFK Eternal Flame, Kennedy Center, Exorcist stairs, Georgetown.
Thank you for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 2 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 3 Grade 12 subjects
- 4 http://www.bulkcrazymass.com/maxtropin-reviews
- 5 what western states to spend the most time in
- 6 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 7 Pacific Coast Drive, San Francisco to Seattle
- 8 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 9 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 10 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 11 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 12 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 13 Alcatraz Tour in SF
- 14 Kauai in November
- 15 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 16 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 17 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 18 San Francisco Area - 8 days
- 19 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 20 Hollywood Beach, Margarittaville Resort
- 21 Road trip fron San Francisco to Seattle
- 22 Planning for June 2017 Grand Canyon Trip
- 23 DC area Metro Maintenance Work
- 24 NJ to Florida drive
- 25 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls