I will be in Washington DC from December 27 - 31 (flying in/out of IAD). I've been working on the sights I'd like to see (assuming everything is open by then), but now I need to book a hotel. I'm having a little trouble figuring out desirable area(s) in terms of convenience in getting around and nearby Metro stations.
Any thoughts on Grand Hyatt Washington (1000 H Street NW)? They say there is a Metro station convenient to their lobby, but I don't see one on Google maps. Google maps show "M" icons, which I assume is for Metro stations, but then they also show blue bus icons of which there seem to be many more. Am I simply wrong in assuming that we will use the Metro (M) to get around? Or will we actually be taking buses? I printed out the DC Transit Guide map. I'm not sure if this correspond to the M icons or bus icons on Google maps. Any other areas/hotels I should consider? We would like to stay in the range of around $100/night or less. Is there a Hilton hotel that could be recommended in this price range? It would be great if we could add onto our Hilton points, but that's not our priority.
If it helps in determining a good area to recommend, the sights we'd like to see include: Supreme Court, US Capitol, Smithsonian Institute (don't know which museum to visit yet), Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, all the war memorials, White House, Pentagon, Arlington Cemetery, Tomb of the Unknowns, JFK Eternal Flame, Kennedy Center, Exorcist stairs, Georgetown.
Thank you for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 2 Northwest Car Trip
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 5 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 6 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 7 HELP DESK LINE Yahoo MAIL techn** support TOLL FREE no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 8 HELPLINE*Yahoo technical support phn no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 9 Error Yahoo technical support phn no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 10 ANY ISSUSE CONTACT TOLL FREE NO☛☎18005406830 ☛☎ TECH SUPPORT
- 11 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 12 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 13 Northwest Passage
- 14 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 15 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 16 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 17 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 18 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 19 Sonoma
- 20 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 21 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 22 Alaska cruise
- 23 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 24 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 25 101 closure