I will be in Washington DC from December 27 - 31 (flying in/out of IAD). I've been working on the sights I'd like to see (assuming everything is open by then), but now I need to book a hotel. I'm having a little trouble figuring out desirable area(s) in terms of convenience in getting around and nearby Metro stations.
Any thoughts on Grand Hyatt Washington (1000 H Street NW)? They say there is a Metro station convenient to their lobby, but I don't see one on Google maps. Google maps show "M" icons, which I assume is for Metro stations, but then they also show blue bus icons of which there seem to be many more. Am I simply wrong in assuming that we will use the Metro (M) to get around? Or will we actually be taking buses? I printed out the DC Transit Guide map. I'm not sure if this correspond to the M icons or bus icons on Google maps. Any other areas/hotels I should consider? We would like to stay in the range of around $100/night or less. Is there a Hilton hotel that could be recommended in this price range? It would be great if we could add onto our Hilton points, but that's not our priority.
If it helps in determining a good area to recommend, the sights we'd like to see include: Supreme Court, US Capitol, Smithsonian Institute (don't know which museum to visit yet), Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, all the war memorials, White House, Pentagon, Arlington Cemetery, Tomb of the Unknowns, JFK Eternal Flame, Kennedy Center, Exorcist stairs, Georgetown.
Thank you for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 2 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 3 Safety Concerns
- 4 Get off of your Muscle Building Online
- 5 http://hikehealth.com/
- 6 http://hikehealth.com/crevalor-and-megatropin/
- 7 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 8 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 9 Trip to northern California
- 10 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 11 First Trip to Texas -
- 12 5 days in Colorado
- 13 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 14 Washington DC with kids
- 15 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 16 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 17 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 18 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 19 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 20 Sedona for a Month
- 21 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 22 Alaska -public transport
- 23 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 24 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 25 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?