I will be in Washington DC from December 27 - 31 (flying in/out of IAD). I've been working on the sights I'd like to see (assuming everything is open by then), but now I need to book a hotel. I'm having a little trouble figuring out desirable area(s) in terms of convenience in getting around and nearby Metro stations.
Any thoughts on Grand Hyatt Washington (1000 H Street NW)? They say there is a Metro station convenient to their lobby, but I don't see one on Google maps. Google maps show "M" icons, which I assume is for Metro stations, but then they also show blue bus icons of which there seem to be many more. Am I simply wrong in assuming that we will use the Metro (M) to get around? Or will we actually be taking buses? I printed out the DC Transit Guide map. I'm not sure if this correspond to the M icons or bus icons on Google maps. Any other areas/hotels I should consider? We would like to stay in the range of around $100/night or less. Is there a Hilton hotel that could be recommended in this price range? It would be great if we could add onto our Hilton points, but that's not our priority.
If it helps in determining a good area to recommend, the sights we'd like to see include: Supreme Court, US Capitol, Smithsonian Institute (don't know which museum to visit yet), Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, all the war memorials, White House, Pentagon, Arlington Cemetery, Tomb of the Unknowns, JFK Eternal Flame, Kennedy Center, Exorcist stairs, Georgetown.
Thank you for your help!!
Washington DC questions
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 7 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 8 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 11 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 14 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 15 Rockport, MA dining?
- 16 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 17 Princeville in January
- 18 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 21 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 22 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 23 RIP Judy Rogers
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE