I am trying to pick between 2 hotels in Washington (both with similar rates): I can stay at the Marriott Metro Center or the Renaissance Mayflower. This will be in late March/early April. I have previously stayed at the Marriott Metro Center and JW Marriott and thought the location of both were very convenient. The Renaissance looks slightly less central to the Mall and touris attractions, but looks walkable to Dupont Circle and maybe Georgetown for dinner. I also have to choose between 2 weekends-- March 30-April 3 or April 7-10. The Marriott is not available at the rate I need for the March/April weekend, but I have a feeling the earlier weekend may likely be better if I want to try to have a chance at maybe seeing the cherry blossoms. So, I guess my question is, if I go and stay at the Renaissance is the area around there safe to walk to restaurants in the evening? And is the Farragut North Metro station likey to be deserted on weekends, as it is more of a business area? Thanks for any help.
Washington DC hotel choice
- 1 Seeking recs for centrally located quality hotel in LA
- 2 Nova Scotia to Boston
- 3 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 4 Key West at Christmas time
- 5 Small Sofas
- 6 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 7 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 8 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 9 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 10 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 11 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 12 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 13 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 14 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 15 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 16 Trying To Find a Place
- 17 romantic colorado trip
- 18 Fourth of July Weekend
- 19 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 20 Fires in Colorado
- 21 Marcola?
- 22 Updates from Hanalei
- 23 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 24 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 25 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party