I am trying to pick between 2 hotels in Washington (both with similar rates): I can stay at the Marriott Metro Center or the Renaissance Mayflower. This will be in late March/early April. I have previously stayed at the Marriott Metro Center and JW Marriott and thought the location of both were very convenient. The Renaissance looks slightly less central to the Mall and touris attractions, but looks walkable to Dupont Circle and maybe Georgetown for dinner. I also have to choose between 2 weekends-- March 30-April 3 or April 7-10. The Marriott is not available at the rate I need for the March/April weekend, but I have a feeling the earlier weekend may likely be better if I want to try to have a chance at maybe seeing the cherry blossoms. So, I guess my question is, if I go and stay at the Renaissance is the area around there safe to walk to restaurants in the evening? And is the Farragut North Metro station likey to be deserted on weekends, as it is more of a business area? Thanks for any help.
Washington DC hotel choice
View all United States activity »
- 1 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 2 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 3 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 4 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 5 RIP Judy Rogers
- 6 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 7 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 8 Boston area
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 14 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 15 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 16 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 17 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 18 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 19 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 20 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 21 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 22 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 25 San Diego Desert Trip in January